Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2018, 01:49 PM

5,266 posts, read 8,739,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
To be honest, I really don't do much. I wash with Dove soap, put moisturizer on if I remember. I drink lots of water and try and eat a decent diet.
I’m a huge Dove soap fan. The original beauty bar and for some reason, I love to get it in pink. I wash my face with it every morning. And use it in the shower. Feels so much cleaner than body wash and I love the scent of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2018, 06:36 AM

375 posts, read 318,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyriver View Post
I’m a huge Dove soap fan. The original beauty bar and for some reason, I love to get it in pink. I wash my face with it every morning. And use it in the shower. Feels so much cleaner than body wash and I love the scent of it.
Another Dove fan here! I prefer the original white bar, but use the pink sometimes, too. I've been experimenting with some of the other scents they have but always go back to the white or pink bar. Other than that, I use a face moisturizer most days, but not always.

Old 01-20-2018, 08:58 PM

8,495 posts, read 4,158,411 times
I've tried the expensive brands and they usually have the three steps: a product to wash, a product to tone, and then a product to moisturize, some even have more steps. Basically, what I do is splash some warm water on my face at the end of the day, dry it with a clean cotton towel (I hate those facial towels that people use on their faces, I think they breed bacteria because they don't get washed that often, people use it to scrub their faces, they wring it and put it on the towel rack again, ugh), and then if my skin feels a little drier, I slather on some Pond's. Very easy. I use sunscreen, too but not as often as I should, so my only facial problem is some freckles on my cheekbone near my orbital area.

Old 04-30-2021, 06:36 AM

1,879 posts, read 1,069,067 times
I'm prone to breakouts and cannot use any lotions, moisturizers or creams on my face. In fact, I have to scrub my face religiously with Neutrogena anti-acne wash every night, using a washcloth, or else I'll break out, especially along the jaw and chin area. I'd rather have wrinkles and dry skin than zits.

Everyone's skin is different. You cannot simply advise ALL women to use moisturizers. That isn't true for some of us with problematic skin.

Old 05-02-2021, 02:00 PM

18,116 posts, read 11,749,491 times
I've always used moisturizers on my face. I can say that I grew up with OLay - the bottle of pale pink face lotion. I carried a small glass bottle of Olay in my purse. I used Olay and any lotions from Avon, whatever was given to me for gifts.

Now that I'm older, I've encountered the saying of "No matter how many vitamin pills you swallow per day, there is nothing to compare ... you still need to eat food in which contains the vitamin(s) your body is craving.

Example: Vitamin C: oranges, mangoes, the list is endless.

These juicy fruits are so good for you! My SIL would make comments about me standing at the kitchen sink looking out the window enjoying mangoes such sloppy, cold, wet, juice running down my arms, my face a sweet wet sticky mess, and yet, I'm doing myself justice.

The answer to OP's question is No matter what external treatments you provide for your facial care, you still must include internal. You are what you eat. I'm learning this the hard way.

Old 05-02-2021, 02:19 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,135,704 times
I simplified during the pandemic. I use argan oil on my face day and night. I rinse with a cloth at night, and reapply. I apply after showering, as well. I have resumed using mascara, but I really need to find a sort that is smudge proof.

And I have stopped wearing foundation, after decades of wearing it daily. I don’t miss it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty