Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2017, 10:54 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times

Advertisements

If your body can still rock it, you can wear it. There is no cut off age cause a lot of people are in their 50's and can still rock it. Have you seen the Cross Fit girls in the 50-52 age range? Try telling one of them that they are too old to wear revealing clothes.

And for the record: Spandex is a privilege, not a right. If you look like a Big Mac turned on its side in spandex, don't wear them out of your house (unless going to Walmart.)

Old 10-07-2017, 12:39 AM

31,909 posts, read 26,979,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
If your body can still rock it, you can wear it. There is no cut off age cause a lot of people are in their 50's and can still rock it. Have you seen the Cross Fit girls in the 50-52 age range? Try telling one of them that they are too old to wear revealing clothes.

And for the record: Spandex is a privilege, not a right. If you look like a Big Mac turned on its side in spandex, don't wear them out of your house (unless going to Walmart.)

There's a moment in film "Steel Magnolias" where Clairee and Truvvy at the wedding reception are watching a big older woman dancing in a tight skirt.

"Truvy: Clairee, you know I’d rather walk on my lips than criticize anybody...but...Janice Van Meter…

Clairee: I know...

Truvy: I bet you money she’s paid $500 for that dress and doesn’t even bother to wear a girdle.

Clairee: It’s like two pigs fighting under a blanket.

Truvy: Well, I haven’t left the house without lycra on these thighs since I was 14.

Clairee: You were brought up right.

Of course the inside joke was "nice girls don't jiggle", and never went out without wearing a girdle.

Fast forward to today and you've got many older women running around in yoga pants, spandex pants, spandex skirts, etc.... long after their "high and firm" days have passed.

Dressing like a 18 or 21 year old is all very well, long as you've the body to carry it off.

Old 10-07-2017, 04:11 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,725,051 times
More power to them!

Old 10-07-2017, 04:41 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,564,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagardener View Post
Women have to use their physical assets if they want to attract or keep the interest of a male. That's just a fact.
Hm. They have to show them off in public? In my experience, being one who did not need to bare them in public, I attracted quite a different quality of men than my friend who was overtly sexual.

I'm using the past tense for when I was in my teens and twenties. In my teens I would not have been let out of the house in hoochie clothes. As an adult, I chose not to. I thought girls and women who did were desperate. SEE? I have boobs, you can SEE them........

Yeah, they know. It's far sexier for men to wonder what they look like bare. To be able to make out the obviously attractive butt through clothing, but have to be with her to know what it looks like bare. I wore clothes that were cut to show my figure, but not to look like a stripper.

Believe me, if one is attractive there is -0- need to 'put it all out there' unless you are seeking random sexual encounters. (Or perhaps simply want to be admired - that is up to the individual, but it's certainly not needed to 'attract and keep the interest of a male')

Heck, my Dad taught me some of this? Of course he was too heavy on the 'don't look like a ****' thing, 'men will think you are loose' thing, but when he finally accepted that I would, at some point, maybe in my 30's be ALLOWED to be a sexual human being, he caught me with too much perfume on and said no, you put on just enough so that the man has to lean in to catch a whiff.

It's all private, is the thing. Hard to get, if you want to call it that.

My mother was a very conservative woman. Fundamentalist, actually. She wouldn't wear a skirt above the knee, but her shape was clear. Many men courted her and wanted to marry her after her divorce. w/o her putting her 'assets' on display.

And notice I said MARRY. Not one night stand, will he call will he not?

Remember the saying about being a lady in the parlor and a _____ in the bedroom, lol?! Most men want something that few men CAN have. Not what seems to be readily available to many. At any age.

Old 10-07-2017, 04:42 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,564,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
And on the other end, this.

Old 10-07-2017, 09:58 AM

4,992 posts, read 5,290,988 times
Lol! I was volunteering at school the other day. Another mom came in to work. She had on one of the white tshirts that has thinner spots that are part of the design (I can't remember the name for this). She was also wearing a black bra. It almost looked like she was wearing a sheer swim cover over a bikini top. I almost asked her if she knew we had a complete view of her bra and then decided to keep my mouth shut. Her nipples weren't showing and I don't need enemies.

Old 10-07-2017, 02:39 PM

1,491 posts, read 379,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahsez View Post
Lol! I was volunteering at school the other day. Another mom came in to work. She had on one of the white tshirts that has thinner spots that are part of the design (I can't remember the name for this). She was also wearing a black bra. It almost looked like she was wearing a sheer swim cover over a bikini top. I almost asked her if she knew we had a complete view of her bra and then decided to keep my mouth shut. Her nipples weren't showing and I don't need enemies.

Not appropriate for that environment!! My kids go to a Catholic school and one mom came in one time showing her g string!! I was floored, but didn't say anything either. It's not my business, but I was just shocked at what's wrong with people's judgement.

I posted earlier that I don't mind what people wear, and if others don't like it they don't have to look, but when it's done in an environment that it shouldn't be, it's tacky and disgusting. Those kids didn't need to see that

Old 10-07-2017, 05:11 PM

50,374 posts, read 63,977,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellybean50 View Post
People can wear whatever they want.

It's awesome!

Not caring what others think is such a freeing thing.
You are right, but what s “freeing to you” might be repulsive to others, so you will need to take the consequences of rejection.

Old 10-08-2017, 08:07 AM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
You are right, but what s “freeing to you” might be repulsive to others, so you will need to take the consequences of rejection.
Yes, but as it has been stated before, you will never please everyone, so just please yourself!

Old 10-08-2017, 08:10 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,054,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Not having read everyone's responses, I'll weigh in. It's not that people don't have the right to wear whatever they choose at whatever age - they do. It's that on an older woman, extremely revealing clothes look trashy and makes the woman look desperate and not comfortable with her age. Like she's trying to compete with a 20 year old.

After a certain age, the look older women should be aiming for is elegance and class. If you have a great body, your clothes will show it if you choose ones that showcase your figure, without exposing it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Why doesn't it look trashy on everyone regardless of age?

Compete? Your assumptions are based on what you think these women's motivations are. So you think young women wear tight, skimpy clothes to compete? Don't you think that's as sick as an older woman doing it?

Why should older women be elegant? Why shouldn't everyone be elegant? Why them specifically?
I agree!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty