Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 11:50 PM

1,294 posts, read 6,486,017 times

Advertisements

I like Gap jeans. I just got a pair of the originals w/ hardly any stretch and they are very comfy and stay put and haven't stretched hardly at all. They are kind of high waisted though. But - in general I like Gap jeans.

BTW - run your jeans through the air fluff cycle w/ a dryer sheet then before you take them out, turn the heat on them so they shrink back up. That will freshen them up, but don't wash them. Take them out of the dryer, fold them up nicely, and take them back to the store...haha.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2008, 08:29 PM

337 posts, read 1,431,629 times
Yep! I'm wearing the Penney's St. John's Bay jeans too. The stretch boot cut in sz. 12. They are a little big when I first buy them, but if I go down to a sz. 10 I can't even get 'em up to my waist. It seems like there is a BIG jump in between their sizes! So...I just get the 12's.... and eventually they shrink down to the perfect fit after enough times in the dryer! ( I have to wear the ultra talls though.)

Old 04-22-2008, 08:50 PM

531 posts, read 1,743,895 times
I don't like stretch jeans as I have had that same experience with them stretching TOO much. I like good old fashioned non stretch jeans. I like St. John's Bay as well. Penneys has a lot of nice, fashionable clothes nowadays, and their sales are good.

Old 04-23-2008, 05:22 AM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,432,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
............ I bought a size 6 a few months ago. Now I can barely squeeze into them, and I have "fat spillage" over the top. Yuck. So I tried on a size 8 today, and they feel a bit big! I think the size 6 pair must have shrunk in the dryer. @#$%!!! I'm going to try washing the size 8, and see what happens. I love the style; they're boot cut (kind of a balances out my hips a little!).
LOL...."fat spillage"??? LOL....
So, you had a "muffin top", did you....LOL.
You are so funny.....
I can hear you though about the size thing, because that's what I am dealing with too.
I have just gotten 2 pair of stretch jeans from Vic's Secret, and I am in the middle of sizes 4 and 6. Size 4 being to snug, size 6 being a bit lose.
So, I got the size 6, and threw them into the washer/ dryer. Voila.....problem solved, because they fit now they way they should.
This is/ was the first time in a long time wearing stretch jeans (owned a pair in the 80's) , and it took some getting use to.
But, I do have to say, that they are very "forgiving", and feel quiet nice after wearing them for a while.
I wonder, if they will hold up as well, as my other, non- stretch jeans......I'll let you know.

Old 04-23-2008, 09:33 AM

350 posts, read 1,090,639 times
It's not stretch jeans in general, it's Chico's jeans. I had the same problem -- they just stretch out too much after wearing them. Look great on at first, but not at the end of the day.

I've tried all kinds, and I have finally found jeans that I LOVE -- Christopher Blue brand. Pricey, but well worth it. The best fitting jeans I've ever tried on, and they hold their shape no matter how long you wear them (and they have a stretch in them).

Old 04-26-2008, 06:16 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,163,673 times
I only wear stretch jeans in the warmer months. One thing that I have noticed with stretch jeans is that my legs feel cold in them when I wear them out in the wintertime. So during the winter, I wear my regular 100% cotton jeans.

I have stretch jeans by DKNY, Gap and Parasuco. I really love the Parasuco ones and I buy them used on eBay from Canadian sellers. And yes, they all do slide down, so I belt them. On one pair, I sewed some non stretch ribbon along the inside of the waistband to give the jeans more structural integrity. The jeans stay up all night and the stretch fabric still complements my legs and ass... and they are very comfortable to wear.

Old 09-24-2008, 12:47 PM

1 posts, read 5,154 times
Default 100% cotton jeans

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
I only wear stretch jeans in the warmer months. One thing that I have noticed with stretch jeans is that my legs feel cold in them when I wear them out in the wintertime. So during the winter, I wear my regular 100% cotton jeans.

I have stretch jeans by DKNY, Gap and Parasuco. I really love the Parasuco ones and I buy them used on eBay from Canadian sellers. And yes, they all do slide down, so I belt them. On one pair, I sewed some non stretch ribbon along the inside of the waistband to give the jeans more structural integrity. The jeans stay up all night and the stretch fabric still complements my legs and ass... and they are very comfortable to wear.
Where can I get 100% cotton jeans. They don't sell them anymore where I live.

Old 09-26-2008, 06:50 AM

342 posts, read 1,831,399 times
I have the same exact problem!
If you machine wash them with like colors (make sure you flip them inside-out to preserve color) and hang dry, they will shrink back up to the nice tight jeans you want. However, they'll stretch out after each wear, especially after prolonged sitting.

I used to never have this problem with jeans, then all of a sudden multiple pairs started stretching out too much and sitting lower on the waist (such that it's baggy in the lower butt/upper thigh area). I freaked out and thought my arse had somehow deflated until I figured out what was going on

Old 09-26-2008, 10:12 AM

2,957 posts, read 12,724,336 times
Low cut jeans with stretch are meant to be worn ummm, tight.

If you buy them and they're not skin tight they will stretch and get saggy after a couple of hours.

And they require a belt.

But good for you for tossing those old mom jeans. Yea!

Old 09-28-2008, 09:55 PM

471 posts, read 1,508,741 times
I'm leery of stretch jeans. I've had a couple pairs that hold their shape, and then others that get too loose and I just can't wear them. Glad to hear you're not wearing the tapered leg. Straight is good. I like the boot cut myself. And mid-rise or low-rise are a better option on most of us than the high waist I think. Congrats on the weight loss. Keep hunting for the right pair of jeans. It's worth it to have a few pairs you just feel great in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty