Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2017, 06:37 PM

1 posts, read 1,029 times

Advertisements

Nike or Adidas? Depends what you're looking for in shoes specifically. Nike has a lot of classic shoes like the Air Force 1's and the Roshe Runs. Adidas has some awesome technology like the Pure Boost shoes. Many skaters prefer Adidas over Nike. Collectors seem to prefer Nike over Adidas. Look at these ratings for both brands to see what a bunch of other customers think.

Service wise, I've had good experiences with both companies. When it comes down to it, I honestly like them both equally. For me, it really depends on the individual shoe. Both Nike and Adidas has crappy shoes as well as awesome shoes. Why? Because we all have different preferences and tastes and because of that, it's really hard to say which company is the best. Just based on sales and awesome commercials, Nike wins. They also make Jordan shoes so that's another huge point. If you base it on who has the most comfortable shoe, I think Adidas wins with their Pure Boost shoes.

So is it style you're after? Comfort? Cost? Quality? All of that makes a difference.

Now if you are just talking about brand, then I think Nike easily wins since they're more recognizable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2017, 08:57 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,754,073 times
Adidas. Nike shoes do not like my feet.

Old 10-03-2017, 10:28 PM

29,458 posts, read 22,426,335 times
I used to be a Nike fanatic but past few years am into casual classic wear and favor New Balance style.

Old 10-03-2017, 10:54 PM

6,341 posts, read 7,705,450 times
Every pair of Nike shoes I've owned have hurt my feet. I don't purchase them anymore. Adidas have always been fine. My tennis shoes, (for actually playing tennis), are Adidas. Good support and comfortable. However, by preference for knock-about shoes these days are either Fila or Reebok. For cycling, Sidi fit the best are the most comfortable. I have a couple pairs of Diadora cycling shoes and they are pretty good too.

Moderator posts will always be Red and can only be discussed via Direct Message.
C-D Home page, TOS (Terms of Service), How to Search, FAQ's, Posting Guide
Moderator of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Guns and Hunting, and Weather

Old 10-04-2017, 07:54 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,442,840 times
OP sounds like an ad or blog lol

I wear both.

Old 10-04-2017, 11:32 AM

1,440 posts, read 1,231,804 times
I wear Nike or Saucony for running (I have custom fitted pairs) and Adidas for just getting around/fashion.

Old 10-04-2017, 03:53 PM

22 posts, read 12,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephy0519 View Post
I wear Nike or Saucony for running (I have custom fitted pairs) and Adidas for just getting around/fashion.
I do the same way. Nike is for running and Adidas is for the walks.

Old 10-05-2017, 10:03 AM

1,511 posts, read 1,247,604 times
I'm going to agree that it depends on the actual shoe.

I've always been a Nike person for running shoes. I bought a pair a few years ago and they gave me shin splints. I wasn't sure what was causing the shin splints but i was convinced it was the new shoes, so i went and bought a totally different pair of nike sneakers that were more "flat", like without cushion-y stuff, and lo and behold, the shin splints went away. So i think it was more about the shoe than the fact that it was Nike. I'm thinking the squishy sneakers are not good for me for running, and flatter sneakers are better. I guess because of my anatomy of my feet. and i'm sure adidas has both as well.

Old 10-05-2017, 07:29 PM

6,981 posts, read 10,906,558 times
Asics for running.
Adidas and Pumas for hanging around.
Don't wear Nike.

Old 10-06-2017, 08:29 AM

1,517 posts, read 981,358 times
DCs.
Alpinestars.

Nike is based near Portland (so, on the wrong side of the river) so as a Washingtonian I can't wear it. Same deal with Danner and Columbia. Nike is overrated anyways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty