Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2017, 01:05 PM

16,390 posts, read 12,405,212 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shades_of_idaho View Post
Laughing at myself here. I am so far out of the loop living in the middle of nowhere for over 30 years and older. I had no idea what Fairy Tale Pink Izod shirts would be. So I was picturing coming upon darling unicorns bouncing around in my google search. OOPS guess I was no where close. I am not meaning this in an offensive way. I was just clueless. Those look like nice shirts. I like simple always in style because they look fairly classic to me. nice choice.
Don't spend much time in this forum, do ya? PinkJazz is well known for his obsessive love of polos, IZOD specifically, the color pink, and very specific color names.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2017, 01:12 PM

4,596 posts, read 3,271,309 times
Summer, jeans or shorts and T shirt.
Winter, jeans and T shirt plus sweatshirt or cardigan

Old 10-14-2017, 01:15 PM

430 posts, read 333,215 times
I like to dress in a very simple way. Jeans and a shirt, I prefer button ups. Only issue is I got small arms, so ALL my button ups have to either be costly great quality ones that (still rarely but better than usual) fit better or just tailored. I have a particular pair of pants I favor though. Dark grey slacks that feel very comfortable and look very nice, less for me just roaming the city in.

Then I have my favorite 'lazy day running errands' outfit: Grey sweatpants, a darkish blue/grey long sleeve sleeping/casual shirt, and some shoes. It's decent enough to wear for a day of running errands where it looks presentable enough but it's main usage is ultimate comfort. It's INSANELY comfortable to wear. If I ever get hot, I roll them sleeves up and call it a day.

Old 10-14-2017, 03:38 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,784,942 times
black and white patterrned dresses, grey cardigans, dark fuschia cardigans.

Old 10-14-2017, 03:51 PM

4,977 posts, read 5,744,968 times
Jeans or yoga pants, and those neon long sleeve with thumb holes athletic tops.

Old 10-14-2017, 03:54 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,148,562 times
Black spandex Capri leggings. Would be housebound (or naked) if I couldn't wear them!

Old 10-14-2017, 07:17 PM

1,573 posts, read 2,918,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
You might have come across photos of that one with the green pelican print; I plan on wearing that one to my 30th birthday party where guests are encouraged to wear pink.
Pink is always good. I only saw one Green Pelican silhouette on a pink T. Not really a print. Nice shirts

Old 10-14-2017, 07:42 PM

1,573 posts, read 2,918,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Don't spend much time in this forum, do ya? PinkJazz is well known for his obsessive love of polos, IZOD specifically, the color pink, and very specific color names.
NO I am sorry I have not been here much. I lost 90+ pounds and have held it off for a little over 1 1/2 years. It is time to totally re-do my wardrobe. At first I was looking forward to it. Then reality hit and I am like a deer in the headlights. I have conditions. I do not have a lot of $$$ . I have always shopped the thrift stores and just bought whatever fit especially over the 1 1/2 years I was losing the weight. NOW I am tired of that. I want clothes that make me feel good. Add in I am mostly a hermit and retired. I love to work around my house and yard so my clothes need to feel comfortable. I am trying to keep the new clothes for days I am not rolling in the dirt or painting some thing like the whole outside of the house this summer. Then I only like some colors pinks purples some greens black. No brown or red yellow for me. I have sliver hair. I am 68. I tend to dress leaning towards BOHO .It is the old hippie chick in me that will not die. LOL I am not trendy.

Shopping around here really sucks. I have walmart and a few other stores I can not really afford. One is called Rue 21 maybe. Forget the names of the others. I went in to them once with a friend and found nothing I could buy. So now when I find some thing that fits I buy multipal of the same in different colors. I like Faded Glory and White Stag. Everything has to be tried on as I have gone from a woman's 22 to a junior 11 or ladies 8 in jeans. Ladies 8 gets baggy in the legs and butt for me. XX to a Medium T. and the sizes do not always run true to what the label says. I also have about a 6 hour shopping window because I leave my dogs in the house when I go for their safety and comfort and a trip to walmart is 90 miles round trip. Any name brand stores are 160 miles round trip. Partly why I hate to shop. I also need to get all my other grocery shopping done in the same trip. I am totally wipped out when I get home some times for the following day.

Old 10-14-2017, 08:39 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,053,397 times
White jeans. All year long. Free People t-shirts, and either Manolos or sneakers.

ShadesOfIdaho, take a trip to the closest big city, go to a mall and start trying EVERYTHING on. Make notes of brands you like and sizes you like. Take a day to do this. Buy a few things but don't buy everything. I know it is painful to shop but bite the bullet.

Come home, get comfy, and start shopping online.

I found my fave Top Shop White Jaime Moto jeans at Nordstrom and now I buy them compulsively on ebay. They are $80 at Nordstrom and $20 on ebay (yes, I've bought a few pair at Nordstrom).

Make shopping fun again!

Old 10-14-2017, 08:55 PM

6,615 posts, read 6,514,608 times
Blue jeans, T-shirts and a sweat shirt or sweater.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty