Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2017, 12:31 PM

184 posts, read 143,958 times

Advertisements

Man, I always wear hose. My shoes are way more comfortable with them on. Eff what anyone else thinks of how it looks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2017, 01:20 PM

342 posts, read 438,031 times
For those who says a hose is a huge don't I do not get it - what are you wearing in cold month with boots and dresses/skirts? You do not go outside with naked knees? There are plenty of fashionable stockings and tights that look amazing. Wolford brand is my favorite, their hosiery is very trendy and fashionable, never go wrong with it. Expensive but well made and lasts. I have different styles, denier and colors for different occasions and looks. And no, they do not look dated!

Old 10-27-2017, 01:57 PM

15,638 posts, read 26,256,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
Shoes that fit and are made well do not have to be worn in and should not give your blisters. Go to a department store and get your foot measured by professional.
I do, and they still do. Trust me, I wear socks or hose for a reason.

Old 10-27-2017, 01:59 PM

8,238 posts, read 6,580,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquamarin View Post

For those who says a hose is a huge don't I do not get it - what are you wearing in cold month with boots and dresses/skirts? You do not go outside with naked knees? There are plenty of fashionable stockings and tights that look amazing. Wolford brand is my favorite, their hosiery is very trendy and fashionable, never go wrong with it. Expensive but well made and lasts. I have different styles, denier and colors for different occasions and looks. And no, they do not look dated!
Tights and stockings as you describe look great, and they are, indeed, stylish!

And they are great in the colder months. (or anytime really)

I need to do a search to see if sleeveless sheath dresses have been discussed in this fashion forum! - a trend which started even longer than 9 years ago when Michelle Obama first wore them - TV journalists and women on TV wore them before Michelle did, as did professional women in many settings. The sleeveless sheath dresses are worn even in the cold months and winter months too. Women political panelists wear them on CNN a lot too.

Last edited by matisse12; 10-27-2017 at 02:52 PM..

Old 10-27-2017, 10:51 PM

1,047 posts, read 726,252 times
Quote:
I love Wolford. I don't buy it a lot b/c they are expensive but delightful!

Old 10-27-2017, 10:59 PM

1,573 posts, read 2,925,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Yep.

I have not seen anyone wear hose in years. Black tights =

There are plenty of cover-up lotions you can put on your legs to hide flaws.
OMG the creams and lotions would do nothing to hide the miserable veins in my legs. Turns out it is a family thing. I have not worn hose in hears except for the knee high ones under jeans. I really do not care if they are in or not but for me tights are a bit more supportive if I am going to be standing all day. And in winter warmer. Fortunately mine do not hurt like I have heard they can for some people. Now I have lost so much weight the veins show up even more and in my feet. YIKES scary looking. All in all it is what it is and I really rarely even think about them. Or care if they show. If I were to go to a party and want to wear a dress I would probable wear panty hose. I still have many packages of them. They might be dust by now it has been so long since I have even looked in a package to see.

Old 10-28-2017, 01:12 PM

638 posts, read 529,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matisse12 View Post
But you're reading in and posting in the 'Fashion and Beauty' forum!! LOL So why wouldn't you encounter discussions of fashion and trends! Of course, you would encounter discussions on fashion and fashion trends if you're in the Fashion forum.

And one doesn't need to consult Vogue - one just needs to look around in the world at large or the U.S. at large and view people working and going out and living life and see what they are wearing and on TV shows/programs - and in magazines, yes. But it doesn't need to be empirical.

That's like people who post in the Psychology forum and then say "well, people are all different, and we don't need to explore why they behave the way they do and who knows why they behave in the ways their do?" when that's what psychology is.
Oh how funny—I got here from another space and didn’t even realize it was fashion and beauty. Sorry!

Old 10-28-2017, 01:29 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,380,774 times
I have not bought hosiery in years. It's a relief to my wallet.

The only reason I was pressured to wear hose for many years, was to 'cover up' my pale, white legs. I see no reason to do that anymore and it's not my problem if people don't want to see my pale skin. It's their problem.

Old 10-28-2017, 07:43 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,871,835 times
Quote:
Maybe they all live somewhere warm.

I rarely feel the need to wear them here in the Bay Area.

I have found Silkies to be great. Inexpensive, wide size range, lots of styles and made in the US.

Old 10-28-2017, 08:21 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,248,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcwick View Post
Man, I always wear hose. My shoes are way more comfortable with them on. Eff what anyone else thinks of how it looks.
And that's fine... but the question was are they fashionable?

Suntan or nude pantyhose = nope. Not to mention, even if some like them, they are still really dated. Again, if you don't care about that stuff...great!

I think it's a generational thing...I think I haven't seen anyone say under 40/50 in pantyhose in forever.

I did see an older woman wearing pantyhose with open shoes. Lawd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty