Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2017, 02:38 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,252,722 times

Advertisements

This year for the first time we are going out for Thanksgiving dinner, so I'll have to look presentable. But as soon as I get home I'll be in jeans or yoga pants and a T-shirt. And if we were hosting Thanksgiving for family like we usually do, I'd be in yoga pants or jeans and a T-shirt, as usual.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2017, 02:46 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,970,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
We called them thongs.

...and I never said you had to wear a tuxedo.
I have worn a tuxedo exactly once in my 75 (in less than a month, 76) years of life, and that was a rented "Maverick" Western cut tux, for my youngest daughter's wedding (she insisted on a tux, so I did it MY way). I do not plan on ever wearing one again

Old 11-08-2017, 06:18 PM

1,573 posts, read 2,924,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatTX View Post
Definitely my Jason Wu floor length asymmetrical ballgown (in Vine). Not sure about the tiara though, have to decide between the gold with diamonds and the platinum with rubies.

Come on you know the tiara is a must!!!

Old 11-08-2017, 07:34 PM

2,912 posts, read 2,046,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
Why? I don't take offense to anyone wearing shorts on Thanksgiving. It's not a holiday about clothing. It's supposed to be about spending time together and being thankful. Who is thankful for Nephew George wearing shorts? Who is thankful for Uncle Ned for wearing dress slacks? NO ONE! No one cares.
I personally think on a "special" occasion such as a holiday dinner (with mixed company/family), it is appropriate to wear something "presentable". That's just the way I was raised....sue me.

Old 11-08-2017, 07:43 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,616,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remington Steel View Post
I personally think on a "special" occasion such as a holiday dinner (with mixed company/family), it is appropriate to wear something "presentable". That's just the way I was raised....sue me.
Who decides what's presentable? It's not like anyone said they're going to be naked, hanging out on the sofa watching football in a thong, roasting a turkey while wearing a bath robe, etc. I'm just happy people are wearing pants! I don't get what all the fuss is about. For many families, Thanksgiving isn't that big of a deal. it's really about the meal and hanging out with each other. No need to sue you.

Old 11-08-2017, 07:52 PM

2,912 posts, read 2,046,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
Who decides what's presentable? It's not like anyone said they're going to be naked, hanging out on the sofa watching football in a thong, roasting a turkey while wearing a bath robe, etc. I'm just happy people are wearing pants! I don't get what all the fuss is about. For many families, Thanksgiving isn't that big of a deal. it's really about the meal and hanging out with each other. No need to sue you.
My FIL, bless his heart, idea of “presentable” is just tucking in his Wrangler shirt, which is totally fine with us.

Like I said, that is how “I” was raised. Calm down.

Old 11-08-2017, 08:02 PM

24,099 posts, read 32,454,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoxTerra View Post
I love fashion, and I love dressing up. I'll wear a silk blouse, heels and a skirt.

If anyone saw me in sweats or leggings outside of a gym, they'd be shocked. I don't even dress like that at home. So sloppy IMO.

That sounds nice. VoxTerra! I enjoy clothes, and I like to dress for special occasions.

I love to wear dresses and skirts.

This Thanksgiving, I'll be wearing a classic, non- metallic gold, sleeveless, sheath dress, with nude pumps. I think I'll put my hair in a sleek chignon.

That is comfortable for me. While I cook, I'll wear an apron.

Old 11-08-2017, 08:03 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,623,824 times
I hadn't even though about it but guess I should. Probably something I might wear to church. I have a black tank top dress and a top with black, brown and cream that I wear over it because I don't do tank tops in public. The dress also has a waterfall jacket. I am going to have to go shoe shopping because we are traveling north six hours and I usually wear sandals with this outfit. Virginia is too cold for sandals on Thanksgiving.

Old 11-08-2017, 09:03 PM

11,230 posts, read 9,313,278 times
Pants, and a shirt. Under that, undershorts and socks. Shoes, too.

Old 11-08-2017, 10:20 PM

32,927 posts, read 36,335,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
An Alabama shirt and jeans with Vans, or shorts if it's warm enough.
...for the win!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty