U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 08:50 PM

8,000 posts, read 18,114,517 times

Advertisements

Just wondering if anyone on here has had injections or laser to fade their spider veins? If so, which procedure did you have done and what are the results. I'm thinking of getting it done and the reason I'm asking is I want to know whatp procedure is more effective. The injections costs $175.00 and the laser removal technique costs $500.00.

I'm only talking about spider veins, NOT varicose veins.

Thanks.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2008, 04:51 PM

204 posts, read 1,457,045 times
I had one of mine injected. I have very weak veins so even though I try to exercise regularly sometimes they collapse. Anyway, being 21 with an unsightly broken blue vein cramped the skirt and short wearing. I went to my dermatologist. He injected it and but a small bandage on it. TA DA!!! No vein. : ) The spot where the vein was remained slightly brown for a couple of months because of traces of iron (to be expected). You cant even see where it was done anymore. I think I paid around $125. The estimate for the entire upper thigh was pretty reasonable though. Id go with injections over lasers just because an old family friend got skin cancer from a laser procedure.

Old 03-22-2008, 08:39 PM

355 posts, read 964,322 times
Yes, I have had both procedures. It has been a while so I don't remember the cost. But the injections (sclerotherapy sp?) worked much better than the laser. My friend had the same results. So I would recommend the injections. This is strickly for the small spider veins. Now that I'm not living in FL with my legs tan all the time....I think I have to go back for more injections!

Old 03-23-2008, 12:14 AM

3,414 posts, read 6,932,645 times
I tried the laser. It hurt like heck. It got rid of the vein and left a little scar in exchange.
Definitely, a lose-lose situation for me.

Old 03-23-2008, 04:39 AM

1,047 posts, read 3,739,113 times
I had several treatments with injections over the course of time.I was a hairdresser and so standing for long periods of time caused them.The injections work.It does take a little while for the marks to fade,like any other injury.I would get it done in the fall when my legs were going to be covered for awhile.

Old 03-23-2008, 08:53 PM

2,868 posts, read 9,282,546 times
Had the injections and it worked great...all gone...I think laser is for the really small superficial spider veins...like so small they would have trouble putting a needle into them... I had mine done in sections...they charged me 75.00 per section...Which is cheap...Then I had to wear the compression hose for a week...and they are gone.

Old 03-23-2008, 09:40 PM

1,043 posts, read 3,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Ray View Post
Id go with injections over lasers just because an old family friend got skin cancer from a laser procedure.
How did that happen? Please explain!

Old 03-25-2008, 03:49 PM

8,000 posts, read 18,114,517 times
Update:

Thanks for all the responses. I had the procedure done yesterday (the injections). For anyone having it done it does hurt just a little. The needle wasn't so bad, it was the burning and cramping sensation that hurt. It only lasted a few minutes though. Most of the spider veins were in my ankles I only had one needle full done (CCs?? don't know how much). I go back in one week for one more needle full.

Can't wait to see my results in 8-10 weeks!! LOL

Old 03-26-2008, 02:51 PM

355 posts, read 964,322 times
You'll love your results! And, I forget to mention the injections hurt a little more around the ankles and knees but well worth the short term discomfort.

Old 03-27-2008, 12:04 AM

7,065 posts, read 3,010,817 times
My mom had it done a few years ago. She said it was very painful. Her legs are horrible with veins. She said it didn't really work. But her legs are so bad I don't think any amount of treatment would have helped her.

But don't some insurance companies pay for that sort of treatment?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty