Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2017, 06:30 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,138,210 times

Advertisements

I found some interesting shoes, but not sure if they only exist in mail-order to Europe.

Hotter Shoes - Stylish and Comfortable Women's & Men's Footwear | Hotter
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2017, 08:37 PM

3,179 posts, read 2,126,009 times
Not sure which pair you like, but the site and those shoes look a lot like Shoes.com or Zappos. I'm not familiar with the brand, but these flats look similar to the other zillion pair of flats..

Old 11-10-2017, 10:55 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,135,704 times
I think this brand is British. I've never seen them in any store.

Old 11-12-2017, 03:18 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,138,210 times
Yes Silibran, they're British.

I always have problems with shoes, so I'd really rather try them on.

Old 11-12-2017, 04:08 PM

2,497 posts, read 3,403,014 times
A few years ago my daughter needed a pair of 1920s-style heels that she could comfortably wear while performing in a show. Based on the reviews from women who wore them to weddings, we decided to try Hotter Shoes (the style has a T-strap). The shoes were beautiful and very comfortable for her, and they held up very well for shoes that technically were not stage/dancing shoes.

Because of this successful purchase, earlier this year I ordered a nearly identical pair of T-straps from Hotter (catalog promotion). This time the quality was not as good. One shoe had a trim piece that wasn't cut correctly (it was too long, and it was just left attached to the shoe), the leather toe cap was off-centered, etc. They were OK to wear given the discount, but not WOW--I LOVE THESE BEAUTIFUL SHOES! Nothing special about the padding in the foot bed, either. It was a bit of a disappointment.

Yes, I realize there are much bigger problems in the world than purchasing less-than-perfect footwear. But when you are buying shoes without trying them on/inspecting them in person and you expect a certain level of quality--due to the price and marketing--and it falls short, you want to have more information before purchasing.

Hotter shoes seem to run true-to-size. My daughter wears a size 7 in nearly everything, and the 7s were a perfect fit. I usually wear a size 6.5 medium in shoes, and the 6.5 mediums in the T-strap fit have the proper amount of room. Hope this helps!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty