Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2017, 12:52 PM

3,254 posts, read 3,749,276 times

Advertisements

you'd feel out of place (and not allowed in) the trendy nightclubs frequented by the 20somethings but other than that... youll be fine
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2017, 03:05 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,147,660 times
You'll look fine. Lots of ranchers in Nevada. Have fun!

Old 11-12-2017, 03:37 PM

3,641 posts, read 3,767,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
You'll look fine. Lots of ranchers in Nevada. Have fun!
Including some visiting from Wyoming!

Seriously, after you walk maybe a quarter mile along a street there? You will have seen most everything. The only people curious about me (and my western clothing) were the street kids. Keep your money in your boot. They had lots of questions about ranching and life in small/no towns.

Old 11-12-2017, 03:47 PM

7,728 posts, read 6,409,840 times
Its Vegas. People will be wearing much more flashy stuff than cowboy hats and boots. Do whatever you want and "git 'er done."

Old 11-12-2017, 04:38 PM

9,891 posts, read 11,721,623 times
I was in the investment real estate brokerage business from 1972 until I finally retired. I went to Vegas every year for a conference with 2,000 attending. I lived and worked in the West. I always wore western clothes for business purposes. Western Cut dark Suits, High End Lucchese Boots, Big Silver and huge nugget Turquoise Belt Buckle, and a large western hat and that was big as I wear a extra big hat. I am 6'2" tall and large frame. People could see me a mile away. I also wore a big wide band Turquoise Bracelet definitely a man's bracelet set with huge nuggets and solid silver, a turquoise and silver watch band, a large Turquoise ring, and a fancy Turquoise hat band. I also wore a short beard, to be noticed. That outfit made me a lot of money, because it made people remember me, and even those I did not know knew who I was. I looked very prosperous and stood out in a crowd.

In Vegas, that costume got attention at the conference and when out and about the city. For me it was a costume, to make people remember me. I had actually lived the life, I portrayed. I grew up on a large ranch before moving to the city, and could ride any horse (I broke quite a few), rope as well as any cowboy, and was a dead shot with a pistol and a rifle. My grandfather who was a gunman in the Montana cattle wars, and the best man with a gun I ever saw, taught me to shoot. I also drove the big SUV (Chevy Suburban), so I could go anywhere in any type of weather.

You are dressed way down from my costume, so you will hardly be noticed. You will see a lot of people dressed Western in Las Vegas. Some mild like you wear, and some as way out as I was. No you will not be out of place, as I can personally attest to. I have seen people that made my costume look as just ordinary clothes that did not stand out when in Las Vegas.

Old 11-12-2017, 05:31 PM

4,488 posts, read 1,634,818 times
I’ve been to Las Vegas dozens of times, and I’ve seen cowboy styles, and everything else you could imagine.

Old 11-12-2017, 05:41 PM

8,168 posts, read 8,493,099 times
Nobody looks out of place in Vegas no matter what they wear. I would wear a ball cap just for being simpler to deal with. You don't want to lose a good Stetson, but a ball cap is replaceable.

Old 11-12-2017, 06:36 PM

15 posts, read 13,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtrader View Post
I was in the investment real estate brokerage business from 1972 until I finally retired. I went to Vegas every year for a conference with 2,000 attending. I lived and worked in the West. I always wore western clothes for business purposes. Western Cut dark Suits, High End Lucchese Boots, Big Silver and huge nugget Turquoise Belt Buckle, and a large western hat and that was big as I wear a extra big hat. I am 6'2" tall and large frame. People could see me a mile away. I also wore a big wide band Turquoise Bracelet definitely a man's bracelet set with huge nuggets and solid silver, a turquoise and silver watch band, a large Turquoise ring, and a fancy Turquoise hat band. I also wore a short beard, to be noticed. That outfit made me a lot of money, because it made people remember me, and even those I did not know knew who I was. I looked very prosperous and stood out in a crowd.

In Vegas, that costume got attention at the conference and when out and about the city. For me it was a costume, to make people remember me. I had actually lived the life, I portrayed. I grew up on a large ranch before moving to the city, and could ride any horse (I broke quite a few), rope as well as any cowboy, and was a dead shot with a pistol and a rifle. My grandfather who was a gunman in the Montana cattle wars, and the best man with a gun I ever saw, taught me to shoot. I also drove the big SUV (Chevy Suburban), so I could go anywhere in any type of weather.

You are dressed way down from my costume, so you will hardly be noticed. You will see a lot of people dressed Western in Las Vegas. Some mild like you wear, and some as way out as I was. No you will not be out of place, as I can personally attest to. I have seen people that made my costume look as just ordinary clothes that did not stand out when in Las Vegas.
I think the look you described that you wore when you were there would be badass.

Old 11-12-2017, 08:38 PM

11,583 posts, read 6,702,884 times
Anything goes in Vegas! Wear what you’re comfortable in and have a great time!

Old 11-13-2017, 02:45 AM

6,615 posts, read 6,515,747 times
If all you wore was your Stetson, gun belt and cowboy boots, then you might get looked at a few times (especially the ladies LOL)

Have fun!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty