Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2017, 06:40 AM

1,047 posts, read 726,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
So sorry I didnt mention I always put a cream or Apricot oil on afterwards.
I live in dry Colorado.
Ok, that makes more sense. Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2017, 05:31 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Agree, I use scrubs less often than i used to. I do a stronger AHA peel 1x a week. A gentle exfoliating wash every other day-ish. And i have an AHA toner I use about 1-2x a week if I wash at night. I also have a brighening overnightmask that I use amywear from weekly to every other day to every few weeks depending on how my skin looks and feels.

I find around my chin could use the physical scrub a few times a week, and focus there. Pesky chin hairs.
What AHA peel and brightening overnight mask do you use?

Old 11-23-2017, 08:33 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
So with AHA/BHA and Retinol what is your routine in using these actives?
So, I have prescription Retin-A but I can only use it once or twice a week because my skin just starts getting too dry and peeling.

I'm a fan of Paula's Choice and I use AHA/Retinol/Vitamin C combination ( I just mix them together in my hand) and then use a moisturizer on top. The AHA is 8%.

On an alternate night ~ I'll use BHA/Retinol/Vitamin C combo (three separate creams/serums that I mix together in my hand) and then a night time moisturizer.

I don't use anything during the day but a serum and sunscreen moisturizer under my make-up.

Paula's Choice also has a 10% liquid AHA that you can use once or twice a week - which I love for exfoliation.

Old 11-26-2017, 10:04 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,871,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
What AHA peel and brightening overnight mask do you use?
Mychelle's Peel and Belief's overnight brightening mask.

Old 11-28-2017, 08:31 AM

1,205 posts, read 1,186,874 times
I'm lazy and dislike shopping so I just make a scrub in my kitchen: olive oil and brown sugar. Works well; I especially recommend it for exfoliating the lips. The lips of my youth came back to me.....oh yes.

Old 11-30-2017, 04:19 PM

20,382 posts, read 14,656,708 times
This was an annoyance for me too, as I've found cleansers I liked and they were discontinued. I'm very grumpy about this.

The first was a St. Ives product, BUT...wait, hear me out...the reason it was special and the other products they make simply cannot replace it, is it was their "Timeless" cleanser, which had a much lighter concentration of the apricot bits, and it was so sparse I couldn't even feel them. IT DID NOT FEEL LIKE SANDPAPER! Also, it had AHA in it, it was a nice light cream consistency, and it smelled acceptable (that's very important to me.) As part of a cleanse/tone/moisturize routine, it served me well for years.

Discontinued. Well, drat.

So then after some experimentation I found an Aveeno product. "Absolutely Ageless" blackberry cleanser. I'm really liking this. I just looked online...it's not discontinued, so that's good, but they stopped stocking it at the store where I usually shop, so I'm not sure if I'll switch or order it online or what. It's not a scrub, it's really gentle. No AHA...but at least it does smell nice. And it's not freaking out my face, which is important.

That's the thing though, if I get the wrong product, my face goes crazy. Serious dry patches, irritation, redness, acne...anything can happen, but it's usually bad! I can only use Cetaphil moisturizer, if I try anything more complicated, my face is a mess. I can't use any product that contains salicylic acid, it actually makes me break out. And I'm sensitive as I mentioned, to annoying smells...there was a product I briefly tried a while back where some lunatic combined an intense orange scent with an intense menthol/mint scent...what were they thinking? It was the olfactory equivalent of brushing your teeth and drinking OJ. Gross. So now I avoid any of these menthol containing "wake you up in the shower" products. I don't need my face to tingle and go numb either, I just would like it to be clean.

I don't care what anyone thinks, I miss my St. Ives Timeless. I thought that was good stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty