Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2017, 08:27 AM

2,605 posts, read 2,711,196 times

Advertisements

Face scrub recommendation for 30 something. My face feels dry and very textured. On average I put 2-3 layers of moisturize, hoping to smooth out my skin but under the right light its hills & valleys. I have always used cleanser and scrub since high school.

But lately I feel like my drugstore scrub have too large of beads for my age. I used St. Ives Apricot Scrub & few years ago switched to Clearasil face scrub. The lady at the Clinique counter sold me their exfoliating toner, which I have used in the past but don't love it because of the alcohol content but I am still using it. She also gave me sample of 7 day scrub which has finer particles. I loved it the first 2 use but then I felt like it wasn't scrubbing me enough & I went back to my large beads.

So I am out of my Clearasil & I would like recommendation on best face scrub to use every other day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2017, 08:36 AM

2,026 posts, read 334,126 times
I don't know if you're looking for drugstore only products or would be willing to venture out and purchase a little more expensive product. I use these: https://www.bobbibrowncosmetics.com/...rains-for-face

They aren't "beads" per say, but rather finer but more effective grains. You mix them in with your regular facial cleanser. Maybe 3x a week, more or less depending on how you feel.
$46 a pop sounds hefty, but you don't need to use a lot, a little goes a long way. I've had mine for a year. Really really fantastic stuff.

Old 11-14-2017, 09:28 AM

2,609 posts, read 2,189,705 times
Clean and Clear daily pore cleanser made by Johnson and Johnson is my favorite. It has very small beads. I use the one in the blue packaging. They also have a less drying formula that comes in a yellow colored tube/packaging. I tried the "yellow" one once and it is less drying, but I went back to the "blue" because I needed more cleansing because of my oily skin. The yellow is more creamy. But, the blue is really not that harsh and seems to have more beads.

Old 11-14-2017, 09:41 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 6 days ago)

35,626 posts, read 17,961,729 times
This do it yourself peppermint sugar scrub is wonderful! Smells great and leaves my skin feeling smooth and "glowy". You can put a drop of red food coloring in it and it is a beautiful light pink.

https://myculturedpalate.com/recipes...-scrub-recipe/

Old 11-14-2017, 09:54 AM

16,421 posts, read 12,507,028 times
You should probably consider microdermabrasion if you really want to notice a difference in the surface of your skin. Scrub products will exfoliate dead skin cells, but won't have a great deal of effect on the texture of the living skin.

Old 11-14-2017, 10:20 AM

1,796 posts, read 1,661,590 times
If you want a good cleanser that will last, look at clarisonic's line of products. In the long run you'll save money on products. Look for sales at department stores. I like the "Mia."

Old 11-14-2017, 10:23 AM

2,469 posts, read 3,262,053 times
Use a BHA or AHA product if you need good exfoliation.

Old 11-14-2017, 11:13 AM

5,401 posts, read 6,530,624 times
Try unscented coconut oil and sugar. Mix only what you'll use at that time. It makes a great body scrub used with a scrub mitt.

Old 11-14-2017, 11:17 AM

29,745 posts, read 34,383,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keraT View Post
Face scrub recommendation for 30 something. My face feels dry and very textured. On average I put 2-3 layers of moisturize, hoping to smooth out my skin but under the right light its hills & valleys. I have always used cleanser and scrub since high school.

But lately I feel like my drugstore scrub have too large of beads for my age. I used St. Ives Apricot Scrub & few years ago switched to Clearasil face scrub. The lady at the Clinique counter sold me their exfoliating toner, which I have used in the past but don't love it because of the alcohol content but I am still using it. She also gave me sample of 7 day scrub which has finer particles. I loved it the first 2 use but then I felt like it wasn't scrubbing me enough & I went back to my large beads.

So I am out of my Clearasil & I would like recommendation on best face scrub to use every other day
You might be overusing scrubs or not need to for your skin type. Could you give your face a break from exfoliating for a week or two and see what happens?

Old 11-14-2017, 11:58 AM

25,959 posts, read 22,113,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
You might be overusing scrubs or not need to for your skin type. Could you give your face a break from exfoliating for a week or two and see what happens?
That was the impression that I got, overusing scrubs. No wonder the OP's skin is dry!

I would go also choose something natural. Most of the scrubs will have chemicals in that most likely are not good for the skin.

https://www.glamour.com/story/whats-...ith-exfoliatin Nothing like excelerating aging!

Facial Scrubs: Too Much of A Good Thing | The Derm Blog
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty