Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2017, 04:36 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,754,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
I've seen them all year round. I think of them more like boots. And I really dislike that they are commonly called "booties" because booties make me think of baby clothes. I'd rather they were called "mini boots" or something. It just feels like it infantilizes women. But I'm obviously not in the majority since they *are* called "booties"

Sleeveless turtlenecks make way more sense to me. Wear them under sweaters, like warmer "dickies"
Hahaha! You just made me realize that in my head I was thinking "sleeveless hoodies," but I typed "turtleneck."

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2017, 05:47 PM

15,546 posts, read 11,968,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainydayparis View Post
Since Hunter Rain boots were mentioned, I have a burning yet unimportant question about them:
Are they for wearing in all types of weather and not just in wet weather or working in the garden?

My daughter (36) has a pair and she wears them even when it's not raining or snowing. She wears them a lot! She also wears them pretty much all year except when it's super hot. I asked her once why she wears them so much and she said: It's ok because they're Hunter's. Yeah well, they're still a pair of rubber boots, to me anyway.

Hmm... maybe I'm too old (64) to get it, but I think it looks absolutely ridiculous to wear them in public so much. They look like either rain boots or garden boots, so are they? Does anyone here wear them all the time? Thanks!
While they are rainboots, they can to be worn in all types of weather. You can buy knitted, fleece, or duck down inserts to make them warmer during the winter. Or just different types of insoles to make them more comfortable to walk around in.

Considering the price, I would not consider them to be garden boots. At least I wouldn't wear $150 boots to garden in.

Old 11-18-2017, 06:19 PM

2,575 posts, read 2,064,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainydayparis View Post
Since Hunter Rain boots were mentioned, I have a burning yet unimportant question about them:
Are they for wearing in all types of weather and not just in wet weather or working in the garden?
I was raised on a farm, so to me they are just rubber/muck boots lol They are perfect for wet weather and wearing to the barn/garden because they are easy to clean and keep your feet dry. To me they have a specific purpose. So while I am younger than your daughter, I think it's weird to just wear them if it's not raining/snowing or muddy out. Nobody around here just wears them for fashion, so that's also probably why I think it's odd

Old 11-18-2017, 07:56 PM

12,824 posts, read 855,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
While they are rainboots, they can to be worn in all types of weather. You can buy knitted, fleece, or duck down inserts to make them warmer during the winter. Or just different types of insoles to make them more comfortable to walk around in.

Considering the price, I would not consider them to be garden boots. At least I wouldn't wear $150 boots to garden in.
Thanks Sundaydrive00... she does have some inserts, but she also wears her boots in her garden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crd08 View Post
I was raised on a farm, so to me they are just rubber/muck boots lol They are perfect for wet weather and wearing to the barn/garden because they are easy to clean and keep your feet dry. To me they have a specific purpose. So while I am younger than your daughter, I think it's weird to just wear them if it's not raining/snowing or muddy out. Nobody around here just wears them for fashion, so that's also probably why I think it's odd
Thanks crd08... I also think it's weird to wear them if it isn't raining/snowing or muddy. But hey, what do I know?!
I was curious what others thought, wondering if I was way out of fashion. Haha!

Last edited by rainydayparis; 11-18-2017 at 08:17 PM..

Old 11-19-2017, 11:12 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,784,942 times
I think it is weird to wear rubber boots when it isn’t raining. They are so heavy. I get annoyed when I wear my rain boots and it doesn’t rain.

Last edited by jade408; 11-19-2017 at 11:24 AM..

Old 11-19-2017, 11:20 AM

3,857 posts, read 3,132,689 times
Boots are mentor for the mud or colder months. When I see booties with short or sweatpants in the summer, all I can imagine are smelly, sweaty feet!

Hiking boots or hi tops are the only things ng appropriate in summer, over the ankle footwear.

Old 11-19-2017, 11:55 AM

2,609 posts, read 2,495,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Hahaha! You just made me realize that in my head I was thinking "sleeveless hoodies," but I typed "turtleneck."

Oh yeah, sleeveless hoodies are an odd choice to me. But I guess they aren't any weirder than jacket vests in the first place.

Old 11-19-2017, 03:06 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,041,229 times
Booties look good with the new shorter, trimmer jeans. So, I suppose booties are good for any jeans or pants. And I've seen them worn with skirts too. I am not as fond of that look. But I do see it around.

I am not sure why booties in warmer months with trim, capri type pants would not work well. I also assume the booties would have a lighter look in that case.

Old 11-19-2017, 08:07 PM

4,850 posts, read 3,626,344 times
I have several pair of Eileen Fisher "shooties" some with open toe. I wear them in summer without hosiery, tomorrow I plan to wear a pair with tights and a knee length skirt.

Love them!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty