Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2017, 10:54 AM

20,937 posts, read 28,432,613 times

Advertisements

this is what I wore in the 1980's
Leg warmers
Fluorescent sweatshirts
I had big hair
Frosted lipstick
Banana clips in my hair
Side pony tails
rubber bracelets
scrunchie socks layered with different colors ( usually wore 2 pairs with leg warmers)
rebocks
Big hoop earrings that I got from the flea market
long t-shirts tied on the side

WTF was I thinking LOL

BTW baggy pants or saggy pants are still in, I see young men wearing them down to their knees with their boxer shorts hanging out, Yuck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2017, 09:32 PM

658 posts, read 722,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YuMart View Post
For both men and women? Of course every decade has some stinkers but I would challenge anyone that there never has been, nor will be a decade as horribly horrendous as the 80s. I am old enough that I can remember it and there was absolutely NOTHING redeemable about the 80s when it comes to fashion. I just don't see how it would be possible for a decade to encapsulate everything that could go wrong, does go wrong as the 80s. Hair, makeup, clothes, etc...all was as horrible as atrocious as such things can be.
The 70s. The lapels and clashing patterns and man perms. And that tight fitting pantsuit/jumpsuit thing so many people wore back then. Just NO.

The 80s were COOL. Leather (Depeche Mode *drool*) and mohawks and plaid and oversized shirts. Cute!

Old 01-01-2018, 05:42 PM

3,696 posts, read 2,898,606 times
Some of the fashions in the 80's looked silly but each decade has things that looked goofy.

Honestly, a lot of the sh*t that people wear now looks worse than anything worn in the 1980's.

Pajama bottoms in public. Giant t-shirts over short-shorts, sagging pants, and those Ugg(ly) boots.

Old 01-02-2018, 12:26 AM

1,517 posts, read 991,344 times
Quote:
The 70s. The lapels and clashing patterns and man perms.

^^^^ Oh god that, I saw this guy at the store yesterday who was dressed just like Fes from the later series of "70s Show". I bet he dug his paisley polyester buttondown and tan slacks out of a trunk in his dad's (grandad's?) attic. Yikes.

Granted he could have also been attending a new year's costume ball and maybe that was the theme. But still.

Quote:
and those Ugg(ly) boots.

I received a pair of UGGs for christmas. Personally I wouldn't wear them to, say, walk around the supermarket/mall or to work (no support AT ALL), though the material is shiny black leather and the look is highly masculine. For going to the mailroom or to get a cheeseburger in the drive through at Carl's they're more than adequate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty