Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2017, 03:56 PM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times

Advertisements

Men in general...you all here want to sound accepting but almost anywhere else generally puts a great deal of focus on breast size and/or cleavage.
You don't ever see photos or discussions or comments about women that are 'flat chested" like you do about DOlly Parton.
Are there any news or advertising type photos not concentrated on cleavage?
It's more like an "even though she doesn't have......"
And you wonder why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2017, 04:17 PM

11,230 posts, read 9,321,790 times
Well, let's face it, the whole purpose of advertising and the female body image portrayed there is to portray something that almost never exists in reality, so every woman who sees it will feel bad about herself and - here's the real point of it all - spend a bunch of money trying to fit that image.

So, for example, you have skinny tall women with large breasts. Sorry, doesn't occur in nature. If the rest of the body is tall and skinny, the breasts will be small.

You have voluptuous women with small hips. Sorry, doesn't occur in nature. If the breasts are big, so will the hips be.

You have elderly men portrayed with women half their age as if they were naturally peers. So middle aged and older women believe they have to look like they're 25 in order to be attractive. Sorry, a woman of 60 does not look like she did at 25, and when she tries it just looks weird.

You have middle aged women with no - zero, zip, zilch - fat on their bellies. Sorry, doesn't occur in nature.

Don't forget that "styles in women's bodies" change with the times. Remember Twiggy? Remember Clara Bow? Remember Marilyn Monroe? Remember the Venus of Willendorf?

As always when something doesn't make sense, FOLLOW THE MONEY. Think how much money is spent by women with perfectly good bodies and faces trying to look like the one in a million supermodels whose airbrushed images are plastered everywhere. Why would the corporate interests making all that money ever want women to think that if their bodies and faces are healthy, they are OK?

Old 12-09-2017, 04:24 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,800,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Men in general...you all here want to sound accepting but almost anywhere else generally puts a great deal of focus on breast size and/or cleavage.
You don't ever see photos or discussions or comments about women that are 'flat chested" like you do about DOlly Parton.
And you wonder why?
Perhaps it's something women worry more about than men? From what I understand some women get implants for some sort of a confidence boost or something.

Old 12-09-2017, 04:38 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,576,536 times
It's like with any plastic surgery -- get a good doc who does natural work which suits your particular body. Sharon Stone got small implants just a few years ago. Age happens.

Think of men who get hair transplants that look like doll hair vs others who spend the money for natural transplants where they do one hair at a time. Or men who wear cheap toupees that look like road kill vs. a very expensive natural wig. A friend's ex husband had two toupees. He'd send one back to the original wigmaker who would add more gray hairs every year or give him a different style.

The Dick Van Dyke show did
an episode about this that was very funny.

Old 12-09-2017, 05:04 PM

1,485 posts, read 954,617 times
To me, size does not matter. If I like the woman's personality and shes classy and carries herself well. I've never found myself wishing a woman's chest were larger. Each woman is unique in her own way. "Sexy" is in the eye of the beholder.

Old 12-09-2017, 05:21 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,865,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turf3 View Post
So, for example, you have skinny tall women with large breasts. Sorry, doesn't occur in nature. If the rest of the body is tall and skinny, the breasts will be small.

You have voluptuous women with small hips. Sorry, doesn't occur in nature. If the breasts are big, so will the hips
Nope! I didn't start getting suggestions that maybe they aren't real until after the 90s when it became more popular to have augmentation. Everybody believed they were real before then. and no I'm not obese I don't have hips maybe that'll attract the men who are pedophiles I guess I don't know until they see the upper half... I have quite a few friends who haven't had any work done and they aren't big hipped or fat either. Not a freak of nature I can buy a bra in any department store...so guess you're wrong there.

ETA: Big or small, I don't believe anybody likes being objectified.

Old 12-09-2017, 05:28 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
My GF had a set done, and one of them has migrated out from under the muscle. Can't see how that is attractive, AND it will require another surgery and another few thousand.
Sounds painful. Hope things go well with the next surgery.

Quote:
And you wonder why?
You sound a tad jaded.

I've hung out with men for 48 years and rarely rarely breast size comes up and when it does most guys don't care if they are Dolly Parton sized or insert some newer celebrity.

I have no dawg in the fight to lie about this. I speak my mind here and sometimes that offends so again in my experience most guys seem to be fine with average sized, whatever that may be. I'm assuming that's probably a B or C cup. Not every guy is drooling over the huge DD's and larger women.

Old 12-09-2017, 05:40 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,443,411 times
Quote:
And you wonder why?
Well then maybe women need to start standing up for themselves more often. Parents have to teach their kids to have self respect. Maybe women need to stop going for the dumbasses too.

Old 12-09-2017, 06:10 PM

11,230 posts, read 9,321,790 times
Anyway, back to the OP:

OP, please do not mutilate your young healthy body just to confirm to a societal norm that: (a) changes with every generation; and (b) is only created in order to sell stuff.

Old 12-09-2017, 06:58 PM

11,019 posts, read 5,987,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turf3 View Post
Anyway, back to the OP:

OP, please do not mutilate your young healthy body just to confirm to a societal norm that: (a) changes with every generation; and (b) is only created in order to sell stuff.
This ↑
Google 'Small breasted models'.

As has been said already, not all men favour large breasts, some even favour small breasts.

A girl I dated had small breasts - I mean small. You know, I liked them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty