Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2017, 10:39 PM

15,638 posts, read 26,256,044 times

Advertisements

Look for a plummy Brown. The plum color cools the brown down and comes off more cool neutral.

It’s my preference, because of my cool toned skin, and blue eyes. A regular brown which is always recommended for me is harsh and very yellow. Add the plum and it’s amazing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2017, 06:03 AM

35 posts, read 22,094 times
Thanks again, everyone, for your nice messages and thoughts!! Very helpful

Old 12-20-2017, 10:34 AM

5,238 posts, read 4,062,032 times
I have some green in my eyes. As others have said, purples, plums and lilacs are great for making your eyes look greener. Also the coppery, bronze, browns and gold colours are good too. Other colours I use are peaches, pinks, greys and silver.

Strangely enough, green eyeshadow does not suit me at all! And I can’t seem to wear blue colours either.

The best thing to do, is get a large eyeshadow palette, with many different colours in it. Try them all out, and see which ones suit you the best. I do this with lipsticks, too.

Old 12-20-2017, 02:10 PM

15,638 posts, read 26,256,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Pudding View Post
Thanks again, everyone, for your nice messages and thoughts!! Very helpful
I meant to give you some color names. I like NYX shadows. Cruelty free (at least this company -- parent company is not) -- check out the Nude eyecolors -- Late night Lingerie, Tryst, Betrayal, and underneath it all.

And in the bold colors -- Own the night.

These are all single refills in little metal flats. Very well priced, and high quality. You buy the container. It's magnetized, and holds the little metal trays come in place. I've had no problem with it, but my makeup is kept on a shelf, not in a bag all jumbled up. I also don't tend to drop things. I'm more of a run into things kind of girl. I have an amazing bruise on my shin right now, and I have NO clue what I did...

Also the website is very user friendly. And pretty much a standard 25 dollar to free shipping. They have the goofy names -- what's up with that? -- but also accurate descriptions of the color. I guess it's cool to name something Dragon's tears, but hey, at least they tell you it's a pearlized iridescent green, with blue and pink shimmer -- and yes -- I just made that up, you won't find it...

They also have full shops in malls, and have some availability at Target and drug stores.

I also like their Dolls Eyes mascara. I like a wet mascara.

Old 12-20-2017, 10:06 PM

1,796 posts, read 1,661,590 times
My eyes are greenish-gray, and I like evergreen-colored eyeliner as well as plummy browns. Brown eye-shadows work well for me, but my skin-tone is neutral. It's pinkish at first glance, but I can wear most colors except for pylon orange or marigold yellow. I also avoid most neon colors as they are just too harsh.

Old 12-21-2017, 01:56 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,569,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
It's best to coordinate eyeshadow colors with your skin tone, rather than eye color.
This. Your skin tone really matters. I have green eyes. And the conventional wisdom of puple/lavender family of colors doesn't apply. On my pale skin, those shades look like bruising, or sleep deprivation dark circles...not a good look.

Along with my skin tone, my eyes, which are a gold-flecked green, look best with neutral browns and bronzes.

Old 12-23-2017, 11:07 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Pudding View Post
Hi all!
I'm wondering, for all you green-eyed people: what colors do you put on your eyes to make them pop?? I have green eyes on the darker side, with yellow flecks. I've heard purple is a good one, but I'm interested in branching out a tad more. I'd welcome any suggestions, brands, tips, what have you. Thanks a bunch
I have green eyes, pale skin, and blonde hair. The colors that work best on me are plums with kind of an eggplant shade liner and a kind of yogurt color highlighter and maybe on the lids. Also browns - I seem to prefer tan shades as opposed to a warm brown - but I will eyeline with a darker brown and highlight with a cream under the brow and usually on part of my lid too - to make it pop.

I've gotten so - those are the only shades I will buy because they just work the best and I found myself just throwing other stuff away.

Old 12-23-2017, 12:55 PM

11,113 posts, read 19,541,770 times
Subtle shades of mauve with a bit of beigey gold on the browbone (not shimmer) depending on your hair color in the brown/blonde tones. Otherwise, silver to grey hair: use soft shades of green and no gold. With either, thinnish line of dark grey eyeliner works nicely. Medium taupe brow pencil. And try not to have a 'heavy hand'. You don't want to look like a clown.

Old 12-23-2017, 08:22 PM

1,022 posts, read 1,255,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
This. Your skin tone really matters. I have green eyes. And the conventional wisdom of puple/lavender family of colors doesn't apply. On my pale skin, those shades look like bruising, or sleep deprivation dark circles...not a good look.
Same here. I've also heard about lilac / purple and got some eyeshadows at Ulta that I thought looked good. Only at home I realized that those colors also really bring out redness in my skin. I looked like I was an alcoholic with runny nose. Still don't understand why the person who helped me in store didn't talk me out of this.

I wear sparkly brown shades. Urban Decay has lots of nice colors. I had theirs Baked, Smug, YDK, and others. (Nude 2 palette is great.) My favorite right now is Buxom Minks. But it fades quickly, have to use a primer for it.

Actually some green shades work well for me too. I have MAC Sumptuous Olive. And most amazing one is Kate Von D Shapeshifter in On the Road. It kind of looks green or brown depending on the light. Really cool color.

By the way, I really recommend getting a consultation with a great makeup artist. I had one more than 20 years ago and it was life changing.

Old 12-24-2017, 06:18 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,312,234 times
My eyes are hazel/green and every time I have had my make-up done by a professional they use some sort of purple which I don't care for very much. I use taupe or brown and for special occasions I will add dark green eyeliner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty