Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2022, 06:25 PM

2,864 posts, read 1,810,075 times

Advertisements

Christopher and Banks, I so enjoyed, being under 5', wearing a size 12 pants, medium top,fit wonderful ! Other than C & B, being short, fluffy !, where online do you shop?
Also, vintage woman, senior ! Thank you !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2022, 02:08 PM

15,145 posts, read 27,795,746 times
NONE on-line - sizes are all over the board, even among the same brand! Sizes for me range from 12-16 girl's and 0-4 petite.

Old 02-01-2022, 03:02 PM

2,864 posts, read 1,810,075 times
Thank you Flamingo; realize there's no major department store here on the Olympic Peninsula. Mall is an hour drive. Mall, does anyone shop in a mall anymore ?

Old 02-01-2022, 05:13 PM

15,145 posts, read 27,795,746 times
I've come to realize that I can get by with the clothing I already have.

Old 02-01-2022, 06:25 PM

5,583 posts, read 6,512,449 times
I loved Christopher and Banks! I now buy Gloria Vanderbilt jeans at Kohls. But......her sizes are now all different. I am now wearing an older pair of Size 4 (always Short). I have a Size 6 older pair of her Khaki colored jeans. Just put on a black pair I owned that were recently washed. Size 6. Could not get them to meet at the waist. OK, they prolly shrunk this last wash/dry, I didn't want to force wear them to stretch them out, and they were a little faded anyway, so decided to go to Kohl's and get a new pair.

I did not want to try on anything at Kohl's since it was cold and I had on layers and a winter jacket, so I bought a Size 6 short and a Size 8 short to try on at home, and return the pair I was not keeping. I ended up keeping the Size 8! I have never owned any clothing above a 6. So this tells me the sizes are now being messed with.

I, too, am making due with what I already own. Or, I get it on Ebay. All the stores that I used to shop at are now gone.......I am not into "trendy" clothes, Jr. size clothes, or Women's clothes. Kohl's has turned into a true "young women's" clothing shop. Been looking for a pair of flannel pj's, I refuse to buy SO brand, or the cutsie/babyish prints that the younger women are in to.

Old 02-01-2022, 06:43 PM

3,247 posts, read 3,200,315 times
Another fan of Kohl’s. I love that they carry Lee’s jeans; the petites fit great but I have to be careful about their size short. I’m 5’1” and about a 10/12 and sometimes the pants are too long.

Old 02-01-2022, 08:55 PM

6,150 posts, read 4,522,078 times
I'm 5' and not thin and have to shorten all the petites I ever buy. So while I know a bunch of places to buy petites, you may still have to "fix" them. As to petites on-line, J Jill is online, Coldwater Creek sells PXL, Soft Surroundings has petites up to size 18. Macy's sells online and has various petites, dressbarn has petites online and even Woman Within has petite pants and dresses. Land's End has some, too. The only leggings I have ever found to fit without having to shorten them is Boscov's petite (under the names Architect and Cotton Candy). I'm sure there are more, but that should give you some idea. And if you don't mind secondhand, eBay almost always has C&B and Poshmark might.

Old 02-01-2022, 11:26 PM

15,639 posts, read 26,270,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar 77 View Post
I loved Christopher and Banks! I now buy Gloria Vanderbilt jeans at Kohls. But......her sizes are now all different. I am now wearing an older pair of Size 4 (always Short). I have a Size 6 older pair of her Khaki colored jeans. Just put on a black pair I owned that were recently washed. Size 6. Could not get them to meet at the waist. OK, they prolly shrunk this last wash/dry, I didn't want to force wear them to stretch them out, and they were a little faded anyway, so decided to go to Kohl's and get a new pair.

I did not want to try on anything at Kohl's since it was cold and I had on layers and a winter jacket, so I bought a Size 6 short and a Size 8 short to try on at home, and return the pair I was not keeping. I ended up keeping the Size 8! I have never owned any clothing above a 6. So this tells me the sizes are now being messed with.

I, too, am making due with what I already own. Or, I get it on Ebay. All the stores that I used to shop at are now gone.......I am not into "trendy" clothes, Jr. size clothes, or Women's clothes. Kohl's has turned into a true "young women's" clothing shop. Been looking for a pair of flannel pj's, I refuse to buy SO brand, or the cutsie/babyish prints that the younger women are in to.
I have to be honest at this point if you buy two pieces of the same size in garments they aren’t the same size.

The last time I went bra shopping I picked the size I was supposed to be and I ended up having to order because they didn’t have anything. I did make sure that I could return what didn’t fit. And I purchased four bras because it was a two-fer, and all four were the same stated size and all four of them were different. And two of them were much smaller.

I wear lands end and I wear the petites. And their sizes are all over the board too. And as hard as it is to find a petite in a regular size, try finding it in a plus. I need that shorter rise, it’s not a hem thing.

Old 02-01-2022, 11:55 PM

3,633 posts, read 6,176,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sera View Post
Thank you Flamingo; realize there's no major department store here on the Olympic Peninsula. Mall is an hour drive. Mall, does anyone shop in a mall anymore ?
Ah yes, I remember making the drive to Silverdale from Port Townsend when I lived there.

I don't even like malls, but sometimes, it's nice to try things on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty