Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2017, 11:52 AM

15,479 posts, read 15,623,485 times

Advertisements

You like them and can walk in them? Great for you. Don't like them? Great for you. Can't walk in them? Great for you. Who really cares? Some women love them and some women dislike them. We all have our own preferences. I don't see high heels ever going out of style.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2017, 12:26 PM

1,095 posts, read 1,056,693 times
Even Dr. Oz has warned about the dangers of high heels to the wearers body.

High Heels & the Risk of Arthritis | The Dr. Oz Show

As Dr. Oz noted if you must wear high heels 2" heels are the safe limit. Avoid 3", 4" and 5" heels unless you hate your body.

Oh yes, don't be swayed buy slick fashion mongers ads that are a 100% lie.

Old 12-28-2017, 01:24 PM

409 posts, read 293,197 times
Can the idea that in order to be dressy you have to be uncomfortable go away already? It's entirely possible to be fashionable without wearing high heels, pantyhose, and Spanx. Yes, I understand that some women actually like wearing those, but discomfort shouldn't be a requirement when getting dressed up.

Why are business suits and ties still the norm? I get that there are occasions and occupations when something more is required than shirtsleeves, but why haven't alternatives to structured suit coat been adopted after all these years? Or alternatives to a necktie?

So much of fashion seems idiotic to me.

Old 12-28-2017, 01:27 PM

1,959 posts, read 3,102,059 times
Another note on high heels: Buy very expensive shoes. They are better balanced with high arches, true balance, wide toe box. I buy used, or store displays of $400+ shoes on EBAY for about $70 a pair.

Old 12-28-2017, 01:33 PM

10,075 posts, read 7,542,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatHerder View Post
Can the idea that in order to be dressy you have to be uncomfortable go away already?

Why are business suits and ties still the norm?
stop buying cheap, nontailored suits... learn to wear a tie

a suit/tie is not uncomfortable for the majority of people who wear quality clothes

Old 12-28-2017, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingDeadGirl View Post
Another note on high heels: Buy very expensive shoes. They are better balanced with high arches, true balance, wide toe box. I buy used, or store displays of $400+ shoes on EBAY for about $70 a pair.
If these shoes have heels higher than 2" then then they are not a bargain at any price. They will still damage your body. Looking good doesn't have to hurt.

Old 12-28-2017, 01:54 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,587,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
High heels change the shape of a woman's body to accentuate certain physical attributes. When women stop wanting to look attractive to men, then they will go out of style. Which means probably never.
I want to look attractive, but not badly enough to endure physical pain to do so. Been there, done that. I once had a pair of spike-heeled boots purchased for a party. They were gorgeous, and oh-so-sexy. I spent most of the night sitting on a bench in the lobby. Never again. If they looked as good to others as the did to me, it wouldn't have mattered, as almost no one saw them, anyway. When I did manage to hobble around for a few steps, I'm sure I looked very alluring, indeed, with my face twisted into a grimace of agony.

In the end, I would have felt a lot more attractive had I just worn some pretty, but comfortable, shoes, and been able to walk normally, not to mention actually dance with some of the men who asked.

BTW, those changes to the shape of a woman's body? Good posture will do that, too, and is a lot healthier.

Torture isn't sexy. If a guy thinks it is, he's not the one for me.

Old 12-28-2017, 02:14 PM

731 posts, read 678,780 times
I like high heels and also pumps, just not all the time. I do not like the extreme pointy toed ones or the platform ones, however High heels make a woman's leg muscles look good, they tilt the behind, and they give 'that walk'. Just for certain occasions though. I'm liberated but not a women's liber. Men and women are different. Vive la difference!

Old 12-28-2017, 02:14 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,623,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired in Illinois View Post
Even Dr. Oz has warned about the dangers of high heels to the wearers body.

High Heels & the Risk of Arthritis | The Dr. Oz Show

As Dr. Oz noted if you must wear high heels 2" heels are the safe limit. Avoid 3", 4" and 5" heels unless you hate your body.

Oh yes, don't be swayed buy slick fashion mongers ads that are a 100% lie.
Many folks wouldn't listen to Dr. Oz no matter what. He's a tv doc. There are many questionable things he's said over the years. Definitely not the best source for medical advice. He's not a podiatrist either.

Old 12-28-2017, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
Many folks wouldn't listen to Dr. Oz no matter what. He's a tv doc. There are many questionable things he's said over the years. Definitely not the best source for medical advice. He's not a podiatrist either.
You may convince the youths here that Dr. Oz is a flim flam man ,but he is a real deal doctor which no one can deny about him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty