Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2018, 07:40 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,520,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
Wow. 3 pages into this and I never thought of that. Hmmm...fishing for compliments? Not an attractive quality. Sign of insecurity. But strictly body speaking, yep. fine.
When you're in the mate-catching mode and decide to work on your body, make it a lifelong habit so you can KEEP the mate. You're misrepresenting yourself. I should show you some before and after pictures of my guy. His heart attack forced him to re-adopt good habits (not on account of me) but he's falling back into snacking (alot).
Haha right on. I just looked out of curiosity.

OP, anyone can have muscles so I doubt that it's #1 on many people's list. What you can't change easily is personality and most women I know would choose a good personality over a guy who lifts weights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2018, 10:59 AM

1,047 posts, read 725,444 times
Default rock

The photo of the four gents you put up did not post. My favorites are Randy Orton whom they say is 6 4" and 240lb (considered small side for most wrestlers) and now love the Rock. I didn't care for him in wrestling but his body has nearly doubled, shaved head, whitened teeth, and internally something else is coming out. He was voted sexiest man of the year - last year by People Magazine. I think every man wants to be him if they had the time and patience to eat and lift heavier. OH....I do not watch longer than 20 seconds of wrestling. Just their intro. Truly, not my cup of tea but find them the epitome of manhood.

Old 01-05-2018, 11:31 AM

10,420 posts, read 14,593,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
The image is not included in your post. Oh well, it doesnt matter. I have never had any problems getting women and have had LOTS of compliments on my body - 6' 1" 176 lbs with 31" waist and visible 6-pack on a VERY athletic looking body.

Thing is, be happy with what you've got, butALWAYS ALWAYS strive to improve it whenever and wherever possible.
I don't recall if I've ever received a compliment about my body because I really don't care. I care about compliments about my intelligence and values. My last visit to a gym was my last high school P.E. class.

Old 01-05-2018, 12:17 PM

7,733 posts, read 6,450,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FZrider View Post
I think PamelaIamela got it right - money, character, and a sense of humor sure are.

As Henry Kissinger once remarked "Power is the ultimate aphrodisiac".

Right or wrong I think money is the biggest attraction - "trophy wife" for a reason or looking at some stars and their significant others and you think - why - I don't understand then you see their net worth, then you understand.

Money is a superficial attraction, though. Nothing like genuine love. A wealthy man can get any woman he wants but its all smoke and mirrors. Won't make you happier in the long run. I don't think most women are gold diggers, but some are. Money is important in that no one wants to be broke and no one should have to put up with a deadbeat who doesn't wanna work, but its 2018 both men and women should be working and doing their part to bring home the bacon. Straight men should put their foot down and focus on partners who are gonna have their own job and their own income. To me, nothing is more financially attractive than a partner who takes care of business himself and doesn't rely on me to make money, and vice versa. I'd rather have a joint bank account with someone like that then someone who is gonna rely on me to buy everything.

Old 01-05-2018, 12:42 PM

4,168 posts, read 2,565,712 times
My ideal male body type is the one that is connected to a man who truly loves me .

Old 01-05-2018, 01:36 PM

41 posts, read 31,362 times
I don't need a weight lifter. I like a sensitive, kind, soft-spoken, hard-working gentle man who loves me unconditionally and has a great personality...and that is what I have in my husband. The muscle bound guys, ego-centric guys, and narcissists turn me completely off. The only person they love is themselves.

Old 01-05-2018, 01:37 PM

3,532 posts, read 3,018,259 times
I usually get with James Franco type bodies. 5-10ish, generally hot but not obsessed, they go through phases of being really ripped and ones of being a little softer but never out of shape.

Old 01-05-2018, 03:52 PM

731 posts, read 678,101 times
Biologically, women in general are attracted to triangular shaped shoulders, square masculine jaw, muscular arms and a flat belly and tall, and a high forehead showing intelligence..As well as " a sensitive, kind, soft-spoken, hard-working gentle man who loves me unconditionally". Having a lot of 'berries on the bush' as in the female bird world, such as property doesn't hurt either. All of this shows breeding quality and ability to raise offspring, a basic requirement in all female creatures .

Last edited by Nurse Bishop; 01-05-2018 at 04:08 PM..

Old 01-05-2018, 04:07 PM

7,703 posts, read 5,446,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
The image is not included in your post.
I was able to view the four male body types by putting my curser on the place where the image should be, right-clicking and selecting "View image in new window."

You can easily see four male torsos in the new window.

I prefer the torso that Montanaguy04 posted in his own profile, though I don't know if that is really him or just his fantasy guy.

Old 01-05-2018, 05:38 PM

4,927 posts, read 5,310,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
If a woman is going to be that persnickety about a man's body type, and the man is just as persnickety about a woman's, then I guess those two deserve each other.
Yes, let's hope they find each other!

Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
I am 5'5", 250 lbs. Bald, no job, live with my parents.
[
COLOR="Blue"] LOL, yes, but how old are you? [/color]

Said no guy ever on the internet. LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty