Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2017, 09:06 PM

1,235 posts, read 732,948 times

Advertisements

I have several brands that work for petite in stature frame. No matter though, I almost always have to hem them.

Petite is now on average 30 inches in length. That's even too long for me with a heel. 29 inches is best.

NYDJ
Jag Jeans
Liverpool
Hue Leggings

I prefer bootcut, but will wear skinny jeans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2017, 10:04 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,893,310 times
I am reallly hapy pants are getting longer. 32 is great for me. 30" is ankle length! (I am 5'4")

Old 08-13-2017, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I am reallly hapy pants are getting longer. 32 is great for me. 30" is ankle length! (I am 5'4")

Bwahhh hahhhhh. Doggone it. I have to hem, I tell ya! LOL.

Old 08-13-2017, 01:52 PM

45 posts, read 37,307 times
Great question! My favorites are the shrink-to-fit Levi's 501s. I also love Levi's 505s, 559s, and 517s. As a shorty myself I feel your pain of the length. That's one of the many reason I like 501s as they shrink to conform to your body.

Apart from Levi's I like Silver brand jeans. They're pretty comfortable, but at times they can have too much stretch in them for my liking. I'm not really a big fan of stretch in jeans, but that's another rant altogether.

Old 08-13-2017, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Denim Dude View Post
Great question! My favorites are the shrink-to-fit Levi's 501s. I also love Levi's 505s, 559s, and 517s. As a shorty myself I feel your pain of the length. That's one of the many reason I like 501s as they shrink to conform to your body.

Apart from Levi's I like Silver brand jeans. They're pretty comfortable, but at times they can have too much stretch in them for my liking. I'm not really a big fan of stretch in jeans, but that's another rant altogether.

Ewww. Thanks for replying. You gave me a new brand to consider. I'm so tired of having to hem my slacks/jeans.

Thanks

Old 08-13-2017, 09:57 PM

45 posts, read 37,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyGoldenLife View Post
Ewww. Thanks for replying. You gave me a new brand to consider. I'm so tired of having to hem my slacks/jeans.

Thanks
No problem. If you're referring to the Silvers, they are a really good brand. Next pair I buy I will likely have to try different sizes. They're very comfy at first, but because of the stretch in them they lose their shape a bit and can start sagging.

Old 08-13-2017, 09:57 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,638,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyGoldenLife View Post
I have several brands that work for petite in stature frame. No matter though, I almost always have to hem them.

Petite is now on average 30 inches in length. That's even too long for me with a heel. 29 inches is best.

NYDJ
Jag Jeans
Liverpool
Hue Leggings

I prefer bootcut, but will wear skinny jeans.
Levi 501s. Button fly. Followed by Wrangler boot cut. The 501s fit my waist and legs better, and I buy the waist a size up. Freedom of movement for riding is what I fit for. In truth, my absolute favorite pants, bar none, are my two Pais of wool cavalry trousers. They are of course made special for riding, with a reinforced, double layer seat and are cut deliberately loose in the leg and crotch. I wear them more in Winter of course as woll can be a bit chaffey in Summer, but I also wear them for way more than just riding.

They are very durable (the two pair have lasted over a decade of regular use and still going strong) are warm for winter use, and I usually wear long underwear with them. I have a set of both muslin and silk breeches I just love, but regular thermals are good too. A tad unconventional but quite a few cowhands ds I've rode with over the years have inquired as to where they could get them.

They are far from cheap. I paid 100 bucks a pair back in the day. But well worth it. One pair is sky blue the others are Richmond grey. They have no back pockets but the front ones are generous and deep. Oh, and the also require suspenders. There are no belt loops.

Old 08-14-2017, 08:20 AM

43,680 posts, read 44,425,236 times
Levi and Gloria Vanderbilt styles are good IMHO.

Old 08-14-2017, 09:03 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,422,361 times
Melissa McCarthy Seven jeans. They are pricey, but they are high quality and very comfortable.

Old 08-14-2017, 02:10 PM

2,575 posts, read 2,079,443 times
Levi's. I have just avoided jeans for years and I randomly found a pair of Levi Skinny Jeans that fit me perfectly. They aren't 3 inches too long, it's awesome. The only pair of jeans I own, but I might pick up a few more now that I know. I'm almost 5'3 but I just have a longer torso and shorter legs. My mom is the same height as me but my pants are way too short for her lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty