Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Preferred hair color to date?
Brunettes 35 56.45%
Blondes 11 17.74%
Redheads 10 16.13%
Other - Name it? 6 9.68%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2018, 04:05 AM

4,750 posts, read 3,566,566 times

Advertisements

I've seen blonde, brunette, raven black, and redhead women who have been stunningly gorgeous. Actually I'd say silver, grey, and white hair women as well. On the whole I'd say natural color over dyed, but every natural color can be incredibly sexy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2018, 05:57 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,528,172 times
As long as they don’t have the dark roots and bleached blond look, it’s all good. Well, I’m also not a fan of those unnatural red color dye jobs.

Old 01-06-2018, 06:17 AM

1,739 posts, read 2,568,054 times
To me it's kind of a dated argument. With so many women getting balayage/ombre/etc. there's a whole area of in-between aka "bronde". Like me, I'm a natural brunette with dark features and pale skin. There's no way I could ever pull off full-on blonde. Just like I would look hideous as a redhead. But I can have layers of softly painted caramel and honey tones woven in gradually that look gorgeous and natural, a slight touch of blonde thrown in for dimension maybe but that's it. It's best not veer too far away from what nature gave you, it tends to look awful and cheap.

Old 01-06-2018, 06:47 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,391,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastBoundandDownChick View Post
To me it's kind of a dated argument. With so many women getting balayage/ombre/etc. there's a whole area of in-between aka "bronde". Like me, I'm a natural brunette with dark features and pale skin. There's no way I could ever pull off full-on blonde. Just like I would look hideous as a redhead. But I can have layers of softly painted caramel and honey tones woven in gradually that look gorgeous and natural, a slight touch of blonde thrown in for dimension maybe but that's it. It's best not veer too far away from what nature gave you, it tends to look awful and cheap.

I haven't done it but I love the caramel tones. I just don't want to spend the money

Old 01-06-2018, 07:21 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,366,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Black hair. Don't forget black!

And red has a lot of variety, too. Strawberry blond, for example. (I've never seen that in a guy. I wonder why.) Auburn or brown/red. Many variations.
My younger brother was a strawberry-blond before graying in his mid-thirties. For whatever reason, I have hung onto my ginger hair even now that I'm in my fifties. I have no idea why the difference between the two of us.

I did not marry a ginger, but there are quite a few of them in his extended family. Our kids are all redheads. My youngest son has particularly lovely hair and unlike many vivid gingers has brunette eyebrows and eyelashes, making him strikingly handsome. (Forgive me, as his mother, I can't help it. He really is very attractive.)

I don't think I was ever drawn to a particular hair color, but I was drawn to light eyes. I don't think I ever dated anyone with anything other than blue or green eyes. The most physically attractive man I ever dated had black hair and leprechaun-green eyes. Sadly, his looks were about the only thing he had going on, and that got old fast.

Last edited by randomparent; 01-06-2018 at 08:11 AM..

Old 01-06-2018, 08:03 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,391,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
The most physically attractive man I ever dated had black hair and leprechaun-green eyes.

I remember a guy like that in college. That combo was gorgeous.

Old 01-06-2018, 08:44 AM

17,534 posts, read 39,126,512 times
Well, I am a female - so on guys I always was drawn to dark-to-black hair. My husband had black hair, fair skin and green eyes, his hair is now all silver which I also like.

For women, I don't think it is about the hair color so much as weather it looks healthy, shiny and a good style for the person. My own hair was chestnut brown, I started dying it darker but started looking bad when I had too much silver so I grew it out and I love it. Now it is a mix of silver, gold, copper and brown and it is natural. I get compliments on it all the time. The lighter color is a nice contrast with my golden toned skin and dark brown eyes.

Old 01-06-2018, 09:28 AM

11,582 posts, read 6,735,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
The ladies over 40 are going blonde. Streaks or highlights are the easiest way to cover up gray streaks or salt and pepper hair without looking like a bad dye job. So if you're thinking the brunettes are disappearing from your age group, you're right.

YES!

I'm a strawberry blond so I get lighter blond highlights to cover the gray. My husband prefers red heads, but honestly I think attraction goes beyond hair color. Btw.....we have two daughters, one in a light blonde and the other a dark brunette (naturally) and both are gorgeous!

Old 01-06-2018, 10:18 AM

731 posts, read 678,658 times
Since I was 19 I have dyed my hair to match my horse. Naturally its brown but I liked the color of my blood bay mare. My hair was that color for 40 years because thats how long she lived. Next horse was also a bay. Horse after that was chestnut mare, a reddish brown, so I dyed my hair to match. The one after that- palomino. Because I do not think bleach blondes look good, I did not go there. The one I have now is a black Arabian stallion. Because black is too harsh for my skin color I am not going there either. My next horse will probably be a grey. Young grey horses are dark grey and gradually turn white. This will be ideal

One kind of hair I think is funny is when a person dyes their hair black and the white roots grow out. They look like a skunk is on their head..

Old 01-06-2018, 11:08 AM

21,695 posts, read 28,446,688 times
I find men with very dark to black hair and blue/hazel eyes the most attractive, like Nyle DiMarco. I may be 71 but I can still appreciate a good looking young man when I see one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty