Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2018, 06:47 AM

14,246 posts, read 14,720,946 times

Advertisements

I do not own PJ's as I sleep unclothed. When I get up, I throw on shorts and a T or sweats depending on the weather. I often stay dressed that way the entire day including running errands. Main difference is around the house no underwear and I wear slippers. When I go out I often stay dressed the same way but I put on underwear (not always) and tennis shoes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2018, 07:25 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
It isn't for me.

My kids (ages 2 and six months) stay in PJs all day when they are sick, but that's about all.

Old 01-07-2018, 07:53 AM

10,611 posts, read 12,115,646 times
Quote:
Every now and then my SO will try to sneak out in PJ's to go to the store and I force her to change.
Alrighty then.....(excuse spelling)

Quote:
Please get dressed already, their might an emergency, or a real need to go outside and get some fresh air.
And if there were a true emergency, do you think a person should really give a damn how they look??

Quote:
I have a lot of respect for the older ladies who are at the grocery store in full makeup and with neat hair.
If going out in PJs reflects a lack of self-respect (which was said by others not you), then is going out in full make up just to go get eggs at the grocery store also possibly reflective of a lack of self-esteem UNLESS you are made up and dolled up?

Perhaps the person who goes out in PJs has plenty of self-respect. And the person who won't go out unless fully made up has no self-respect without that facade.

Old 01-07-2018, 08:50 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,941,266 times
Whenever I see a person wearing pajamas in public, it makes them appear slovenly and trashy. It's pretty obvious from the ones I've seen, they are going commando, as well. Add fuzzy slippers to the ensemble and it really makes you wonder if they have any idea of what is considered appropriate clothing to appear in public.

I don't have a problem with whatever people want to wear in the privacy of their own home.

Old 01-07-2018, 09:24 AM

26,656 posts, read 28,654,132 times
I hang out in pj's all day if I'm tired or sick or it's a blizzard out there and I'm not going out. I'll take a shower at night and change pj's because you feel all icky if you don't change your clothing.

Since I retired, I often stay in pj's until noon! I find that I can get more done (phone calls, paying bills, cleaning, etc.) if I don't stop and shower and get dressed. After that I shower and put on sweat pants and T shirt if staying home or regular clothing if going out.

I would never wear pj's outside the house except during this recent blizzard, covered with a long coat to walk the dog. Wearing smelly, rumpled pj's that you've slept in all night grosses me out--good enough for a few hours around the house, but never for wearing outside.

Old 01-07-2018, 09:44 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,787,488 times
I don't own any pj's. I sleep in my birthday suit and I can't leave the house in that.

Old 01-07-2018, 12:10 PM

7,990 posts, read 5,381,950 times
I have never been a pajama girl, for me they are only for sleeping. I am dressed first thing in the morning. No sloppy clothes for me. For me, I feel better if I am dressed properly. Never wear sweats, nor leggings--I find them too forgiving, easily gain weight that way. Prefer a tailored fit. Keeps me focused.

Old 01-07-2018, 12:34 PM

11,046 posts, read 6,632,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
I don't own any pj's. I sleep in my birthday suit and I can't leave the house in that.

LOL. Me, too. Amazed at so many people wear actual pajamas. Ick, all that pulling and restriction in bed. Never had them since I left the family home.

Just wear old shorts and a sleeveless top around the house, then have to dress a bit better to go out. Leaving the bra for the last possible moment.

Old 01-07-2018, 01:20 PM

2,575 posts, read 2,074,625 times
Actual PJ's? No. I think I only own one pair of pajamas. I will wear lounge wear or some of my exercise clothes around the house. Mostly in the colder months I will do that.

What people wear, especially alone and in their own home, is none of my business. If you want to wear your PJ's all day, go for it lol

Old 01-07-2018, 01:30 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,549,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smt1111 View Post
I agree with the people who said it's a cleanliness issue. I shower at night and put on clean pj's. Ok, so you don't wear pj's to bed, then fine, but whatever you wear to bed--it's the same idea. Whatever goes between the sheets at night should be clean. I wouldn't run around all day long in my pj's (or whatever I wear to bed) then go to bed in the same clothes. That's disgusting. Also, aren't you totally naked under the pj's? Then how can you go out to the store with your private area hanging out down there under the pj's and doing it's thing in the pj's all day long? Gross. I also wouldn't go out to the store without a bra either.

I just think this type of behavior is immaturity.
Once again, no one said anything about not showering, and now added in is the assumption there are no underwear?

That does bring up a good point. One should certainly put on fresh undies. Staying in the ones from the day or even just night before is ookie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty