Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2018, 11:46 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,031,329 times

Advertisements

I used to make candles, perfume, body butter, other scented products. My 2 best sellers were: B&BW Cucumber Melon for men customers, and VS Love Spell for female customers. Men loved Love Spell, too, until they saw the name. Then they would get all manly acting and say it was for their wife/girlfriend, lol. Silly boys.

I made a lot of designer, or type, scented products. I was known in my neck of the woods for designer scents.

My favorite has been Patchouli. Anything with Patch in it works for me. Patchouli is a great mixer. Chocolate, Vanilla, Gardenia, anything. Straight Patchouli smells kinda like wet dirt, but it's fantastic when mixed. It's definitely a love it or hate it scent. I can't get enough of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2018, 11:48 AM

17,574 posts, read 13,355,792 times
Any, and all, make my allergies go bonkers

Only fragrance that didn't blow up my allerges wa Joy and thank God ) it was so damn expensive) MrsM broke out when she sampled it

Old 01-12-2018, 11:50 AM

16,072 posts, read 21,148,356 times
LOL, I love Opium and Poison and most spicy scented type scents.
Rose scented products make me sneeze and a particular men's cologne (Drakkar Noir perhaps?) will give me an instant headache and make me feel slightly ill.
It's interesting to see how the different scents affect people in such drastically different ways.

Old 01-12-2018, 03:34 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
A high school girl who is a part timer at our job wears this horrible vanilla smelling stuff that almost gags you. Not sure what it is, but it is the strongest smelling stuff I have ever smelled. She must buy it by the 55 gallon drum and soak in it.

Before I knew where it was coming from, there were two old ladies in the store near us, and I thought it was coming from them. I said to the girl "Boy, some old women have no idea how strong the perfume they wear is !" She said "What do you mean ?" and I said "Can't you smell the perfume one of them is wearing ?

She hasn't been exactly friendly to me ever since that happened !

Old 01-12-2018, 03:46 PM

5,451 posts, read 4,053,058 times
just remembered, my first boyfriend worked in a discount store and bought and used "Gee Your Hair Smells Terrific" shampoo

Egad, they should have named it, "Gee Your Hair REEKS." Horrible stuff, he hadn't realized it when he bought it.

Old 01-12-2018, 07:34 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,456,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Strawberry/raspberry smells like public restroom to me.
I agree about all the fruity smells that aren't citrus.

I also dislike single florals, and rose fragrances never smell like real roses to me, so I dislike those scents.

I hate the smell of White Linen.

I especially dislike woodsy, green fragrances, and nearly all modern fragrances, especially nearly all men's colognes nowadays. They stink. (Cool Water by Davidoff and similar.)

I tend to prefer French perfume for women in the Floriental or Spicy Oriental category.

My favorite was KL.

Old 01-12-2018, 07:37 PM

10,895 posts, read 7,389,984 times
oh, hubster got some Axe bodywash. That stuff smelled so bad I made him go take another shower, then throw out the rest of the bottle.

Old 01-12-2018, 07:41 PM

4,992 posts, read 5,290,988 times
There is a fragrance used in detergents and such that used to be used in feminine hygiene products back in the 80's/90's. I don't know how the scent is described on the packaging. I don't want to smell like it's that time of the month. I feel like I need to go wash up or change clothes.

Old 01-12-2018, 09:51 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,624,440 times
What is that nasty, stinking perfume that old ladies wear? I think it's called "white diamonds" (?)

OMG it is totally nasty..smells like moth balls..

Old 01-12-2018, 10:06 PM

6,830 posts, read 3,220,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurse Bishop View Post
Cat pee.
We have an elderly cat that likes to pee on bath towels, NOT the cat box which is 2 ft away. She will pee on the floor rather then the cat box. At least 2 to 3 times a day (if not more) I have to change out the towel. Ughhh! I hold the darn thing as far away as I can but I can still smell that pee. OTH-she is a great cat!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty