Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2018, 07:46 PM

31,902 posts, read 26,945,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singularity882 View Post
Honestly, does anyone else feel that it is kind of ridiculous for older women (35+) to have unnatural hair colors? I was at the store the other day and there was a woman that was probably mid 40s that had purple hair. Just seemed as if she was trying way too hard to look "young" and "hip".
You've got way too much free time on your hands if this is the most pressing thing you have to worry about.

So let me get this straight; you have a problem with an "older" woman (loosely defined by you as 35 years old), colors her hair an "unnatural" shade. By this do we take it you are ok with them sticking with blondes, brunette and red head?

Forty isn't fatal baby!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojbJLgsuhwc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2018, 08:26 PM

2,565 posts, read 1,641,076 times
Quote:
Honestly, does anyone else feel that it is kind of ridiculous for older women (35+) to have unnatural hair colors? I was at the store the other day and there was a woman that was probably mid 40s that had purple hair. Just seemed as if she was trying way too hard to look "young" and "hip".
35 is an "older woman"? As for unnatural hair colors, who cares. Bright red (or pink or purple or...) lips, 1 inch lashes, eye shadow, eye liner, red (or whatever color) finger- and toenails, shaved armpits and other parts are all unnatural as well, on anyone of any age. Natural is overrated.

Old 01-20-2018, 08:40 PM

41,951 posts, read 75,160,115 times
Quote:
Why do you care?

Mind your own business and you'll be much happier. I promise.

Old 01-21-2018, 09:01 AM

15,630 posts, read 10,383,806 times
Quote:
I've never seen a physically attractive woman, young or old, sporting a hair color not found in nature, but i always noticed these unattractive women because of that wild hair color. perhaps that is point....these unattractive women are desperate to be noticed.

Old 01-21-2018, 12:40 PM

30,324 posts, read 51,921,120 times
I noticed the OP got banned after that ONE post, but I'll comment anyway. First of all, people of my generation (I'm 41) STARTED the trend of unnatural hair colors! It wasn't until the '80s-90s when such colors were even readily available, and the punks or goth kids were the first to really start using them. So it actually is OUR thing, thankyouverymuch, and we don't have to stop doing it just because we've hit 30.

Also, I personally think "older people" are the ones who should have fun with hair colors, since we tend to lose our rich natural colors around that age. I'm a natural redhead (BRIGHT red in my younger days), but my color started to fade after 30, and is now a combination of gray and light strawberry-blonde. So while I resisted messing with it too much before then, I figured "what they hey" once that lovely red was gone. I usually just dye it back to red now, but have played around with darker burgundy, purple, and occasionally a temporary blue or green. And if somebody thinks it's silly, or that I'm too old for it, I don't really give a rat's patooty. I've earned the right to do as I please, darnit!!

Old 01-21-2018, 12:44 PM

30,324 posts, read 51,921,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I've never seen a physically attractive woman, young or old, sporting a hair color not found in nature, but i always noticed these unattractive women because of that wild hair color. perhaps that is point....these unattractive women are desperate to be noticed.
Look a little harder, because there are PLENTY of beautiful women sporting "unnatural" colors - at least where I live. Maybe your observations are just a Texan thing?

Beauty is obviously subjective, but do you think these women are ugly?? I sure don't.

http://images.totalbeauty.com/conten...r-for-fall.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...5983fe4100.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/4d/da/f2/4...bf1c26c9f8.jpg <---- her eyes and hair color are both AMAZING!!

That being said, I kind of get what you're trying to say... that when a woman is insecure about her looks, she might do "extreme" beauty regimens to distract from her features. But that's sorta the opposite of trying to gain attention, right? Also, to say they're the ONLY women/men who use funky hair colors is just not correct. Not at all.

Last edited by gizmo980; 01-21-2018 at 12:55 PM..

Old 01-21-2018, 01:52 PM

13,447 posts, read 15,470,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Well I had white hair and I'm not hard on the eyes. (Granted this was a halloween costume and a wig)

When will people realize that not all women, older and younger, do "out there" things out of desperation to be noticed or attention from men?

I'm "older". I have a tat. I'm pierced too. I did all of those things because I appreciate them, not because I'm desperate to be noticed or trying to attract male attention (heck, I'm married, and I don't need ego strokes).

If women want to do something that's against nature, GO RIGHT AHEAD. Obviously someone like me isn't a natural blonde. Did that stop me? No. There's no edict given that women need to be "natural".

As the saying go..."its your thing...do what you wanna do...."
Attached Thumbnails
Unnatural hair colors and older women.-white-hair.jpg  

Old 01-21-2018, 05:01 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,020,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post

Well I had white hair and I'm not hard on the eyes. (Granted this was a halloween costume and a wig)........

That's a beautiful picture of you.

Old 01-21-2018, 05:17 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,691,254 times
This hairstylist lady in her probably early 50s cutting my hair has multiple tattoos on the shoulder, back, legs, and pink hair tones and still has the semi goth makeup on. I was gonna ask her about her past but decided not to. Quite uncommon to see lady in her age sporting that kind of look usually someone in their early or late 30s.

Old 01-21-2018, 07:11 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,845,629 times
If she can rock it then don't knock it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty