Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2018, 06:12 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,320,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciano700 View Post
Why are men's products starting to be more promoted than ever though? My BIG question.
Because the manufacturers are competitive and they'd like to make money on their products. The market is becoming saturated. Supply and demand.

You're a bit disjointed in your speech...have you been drinking?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2018, 06:18 PM

3,255 posts, read 1,719,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
Because the manufacturers are competitive and they'd like to make money on their products. The market is becoming saturated. Supply and demand.

You're a bit disjointed in your speech...have you been drinking?
No lol.

Old 01-21-2018, 08:16 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times
Quote:
Why are men's products starting to be more promoted than ever though? My BIG question.
We just notice it. I honestly only see men's cologne ads during TV during two times of year: Father's Day and holiday season. Besides that, it's YouTube. FYI I wear cologne and have for about 3 years now. That said before I did, unless it was on some monster truck video of taped ESPN events, I don't recall it.

That said meterosexuality was big about 13/4 years ago, ***** Eye for the Straight Guy anyone? I notice more men's grooming options, but how many use them, that is the moneyball question. Some men want to be manly and only wear manly scents, some want some feminine and are straight, some want both at different times (me) and others (most men) just want to smell natural.

Old 01-21-2018, 08:25 PM

3,255 posts, read 1,719,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
We just notice it. I honestly only see men's cologne ads during TV during two times of year: Father's Day and holiday season. Besides that, it's YouTube. FYI I wear cologne and have for about 3 years now. That said before I did, unless it was on some monster truck video of taped ESPN events, I don't recall it.

That said meterosexuality was big about 13/4 years ago, ***** Eye for the Straight Guy anyone? I notice more men's grooming options, but how many use them, that is the moneyball question. Some men want to be manly and only wear manly scents, some want some feminine and are straight, some want both at different times (me) and others (most men) just want to smell natural.
Yeah, if am a metrosexual, than I am a hybrid of a metrosexual and a retrosexual really.

Old 01-21-2018, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
I think part of it is the rise of websites and communities around men. I mean since the mid 1980's we have seen more and more male fragrances, and more are less male. Cool Water and Joop! Homme were among the first to not smell "manly." That isn't to say that Stetson or Passion for Men weren't somewhat feminine, just that the smelt generally manly. I hear so many complain about modern men masculine scents like Acqua di Gio, Gucci Guilty, Bleu de Chanel, Invictus, Sauvage, Dylan Blue, etc. smelling "too clean" and not manly enough. Meanwhile most men don't buy manly scents like say Gucci Guilty Absolute, let alone these scents. They may get it from family or an SO and not otherwise use. My brother is like this except for the Michael Jordan 23 he got into recently...

Old 01-21-2018, 09:44 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,356,551 times
I got acccused of being an effeminate hipster nancy boy on this forum just for recommending slim straight cut jeans as opposed to lard ass, chunky thigh relaxed fit jeans.

I mean, if you are very overweight or obese and must wear relaxed fit jeans, that is fine, but to call me effeminate just because I am not overweight and wear jeans that fit, not skinny jeans mind you, is a sign of a mental disorder in my opinion.

Old 01-21-2018, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
I got acccused of being an effeminate hipster nancy boy on this forum just for recommending slim straight cut jeans as opposed to lard ass, chunky thigh relaxed fit jeans.

I mean, if you are very overweight or obese and must wear relaxed fit jeans, that is fine, but to call me effeminate just because I am not overweight and wear jeans that fit, not skinny jeans mind you, is a sign of a mental disorder in my opinion.
I'm husky... ok I'm obese but I would say other than that I do try to be mostly meterosexual. Bodyhair not withstanding. I wear relaxed fit jeans, so what. What I think is, people just hate what they don't know or don't experience.

Old 01-21-2018, 10:21 PM

28,667 posts, read 18,784,602 times
I've been wearing Old Spice (original scent) since the 60s. I don't know if it's classified as a "manly" scent...I think "manly" scents are supposed to be "musky," but Old Spice is "fruity." I discovered, however, that after a few hours musky scents on me begin to smell...musky (particularly if I've been doing anything strenuous). Old Spice, however, continues to smell sweet even when the application is old.

If I wore anything different, my wife would check under the bed for a pod.

Old 01-21-2018, 10:29 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,156,596 times
Quote:
Not to me, but people keep implying it. Just shut up already people who say that, maintain your hair is something to be proud of.

I mean as long you don't try out lipstick, nail polish or make up on, I say there is nothing "gay" with being a grooming enthusiast like me
No reason to be defensive. Just carry on. You sound fine to me.

Old 01-21-2018, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
I've been wearing Old Spice (original scent) since the 60s. I don't know if it's classified as a "manly" scent...I think "manly" scents are supposed to be "musky," but Old Spice is "fruity." I discovered, however, that after a few hours musky scents on me begin to smell...musky (particularly if I've been doing anything strenuous). Old Spice, however, continues to smell sweet even when the application is old.

If I wore anything different, my wife would check under the bed for a pod.
Honestly Old Spice don't strike me as "fruity" but rather spicy and old. I mean maybe it is because it is my father's only cologne, but yeah... Now Old Spice Wolfthorne, that is "fruity" and "floral".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty