Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 04:40 PM

220 posts, read 1,109,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC~Mom View Post
Yeah....Crocs....they are hideous looking!
Not just that, around here with all the heat and humidity in the summer, sorry but those plastic things must smell!!!!
Also agree with the Juicy Couture comments, don't get that one at all. One more, those Kathy Van Zealand bags with all the bling, yuck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2008, 04:58 PM

1,348 posts, read 3,588,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
I second that and expand that to being the logo of darn near EVERY company out there! I was absentmindedly perusing a Target ad the other day and noticed that they were selling 'vintage' Coca Cola T-shirts for somewhere around $10. I laughed ... and then I laughed again. I should pay $10 to promote the product of a multi-billion dollar corporation?! How brilliant!

Those "vintage" corporate logo shirts are marketed toward teenagers. More specifically, punk rockers who want to make a post-ironic corporate statement. They wear their Coca-Cola or Burger King t-shirts proudly with their torn jeans, tattoos, and piercings. I'm surprised you don't know this, being from San Francisco.

Old 04-04-2008, 05:32 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,517,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xavierob82 View Post
Those "vintage" corporate logo shirts are marketed toward teenagers. More specifically, punk rockers who want to make a post-ironic corporate statement. They wear their Coca-Cola or Burger King t-shirts proudly with their torn jeans, tattoos, and piercings. I'm surprised you don't know this, being from San Francisco.
I'm well aware of why they do it ... I've seen plenty of 'streeters' in $125 A&F jeans with another $200 or so in DC accessories out begging for money in BART stations.

That hasn't however left me jaded enough to not still find humor in the marketing behind it.

Old 04-06-2008, 02:04 PM

5,024 posts, read 8,900,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itlchick View Post
Sorry people - I don't like the Louis Vuitton and Coach logo bags. Everyone has them. There are a million knockoffs. Not into the logo thing. And I just don't think they are that attractive or creative.
There are Coach bags here by the dozens. Not so many Louis Vuitton here any longer.

I am kind of freaked so many women around here would buy a similarly styled handbag with the little "Cs" on it. Not much originality in that.

Old 04-06-2008, 08:01 PM

15,148 posts, read 27,821,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Designer logos on anything. They should be paying you for the free advertising, not vice versa. Those designers are laughing all the way to the bank.
I'm with you on that - I don't buy anything with a logo prominently display (goes for car dealership plates as well) - unless they PAY me... forget it.

I also agree with some of the tops - unless you ARE pregnant, why do you want to look so? And we won't even go here: shortish tops, a big ole belly/waist roll, and your jeans..... PLEASE - it is NOT attractive!

Old 04-07-2008, 12:37 PM

36 posts, read 149,219 times
Default paying top dollar to look like a fool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
I'm well aware of why they do it ... I've seen plenty of 'streeters' in $125 A&F jeans with another $200 or so in DC accessories out begging for money in BART stations.

That hasn't however left me jaded enough to not still find humor in the marketing behind it.

$125!!! Holy Crap, I aways though A&F made cheaper stuff ala Hollister's or Old Navy. That is crazy expensive, but I must admit I have never been inside a Abercrombie nor Hollister's store before. I do own a pair of A&F cords that a friend gave me, and always thought they were a cheaper casual brand. Wow, I am looking at their site and most of the jeans are around 89 bucks! That is insane, I am glad my cords were free! I know I may sound cheap, but I tend to buy my casual jeans either at online sales or else at my local thrift store. However, I do occasionally end up at Nordy's getting a 'deal' on paying 80 bucks or so on some Joe's, 7's, or Joie's from the sale racks. Of course, those jeans are quite a bit more dressier than casual Gap styles.

I live in Seattle, where the hipsters sport tight jeans that they sag, giving one the impression of a long flattened behind. They have emo shag haircuts with full sleeve tattoos- even on the women! Piercings galore too- its like they all went to NY or SF, and decided to copy the 1990's bike courier look. (Think Puck from the old real world show, ick!)

Another thing I absolutely can't stand are the premade holes and fraying on $195 designer jeans-well, most jeans now a days, no matter what the price! I have seen them everywhere, from Nordstrom's to Target. Don't even get me started on the vintage logo look....how stupid! The worst ones that I see down here in Tucson (I am visiting my boyfriend) are all the University of Arizona "Bros" that sport Old English and Mickey's logos on their trucker hats and faded tees.
Lame!

Old 04-07-2008, 04:41 PM

149 posts, read 516,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itlchick View Post
Sorry people - I don't like the Louis Vuitton and Coach logo bags. Everyone has them. There are a million knockoffs. Not into the logo thing. And I just don't think they are that attractive or creative.
when I read the topic those came to mind immediatly! lol

not crazy about crocs.

butt words should be banned

my grandmother likes burberry. need I say more? lol

Old 04-07-2008, 09:46 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,517,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lijohy View Post
(Think Puck from the old real world show, ick!)
LOL ... I went to high school with David Rainey (Puck) in Fremont (Class of 87 here). He was very stylish & clean & the girls loved him. Amazing what a few years could do to someone who came to school back then dressed like Sonny Crockett.

Old 04-08-2008, 02:02 AM

30,382 posts, read 51,991,511 times
One very recent trend I don't get is high-waisted jeans... the low-risers are bad enough, but these new high pants just look silly! People will fall for anything if you show a celeb (or model) wearing it, LOL.

Here's what I'm talking about:

Oh, and I agree about the "word-butt" pants... I have no desire to read your arse, especially when you're all of 13 years old.

Old 05-23-2008, 12:06 PM

103 posts, read 322,685 times
I HATE Crocs and I HATE Vera Bradley purses (the ugly old lady floral design). Kills me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty