Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2018, 03:33 PM

2,301 posts, read 1,884,227 times

Advertisements

Totally gross to see all that thick bushy hair sticking out everywhere. I wish men shaved their pits when wearing a tank top.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2018, 03:47 PM

16,414 posts, read 12,484,437 times
Frankly, I've never understood the double standard of shaving pits and legs.

Old 01-30-2018, 07:10 PM

1,095 posts, read 1,054,877 times
Real hardworking men don't need, or want to, shave any part anywhere but their face, sometimes not even that, because they are men who have better things to do than "dainty up" like women do. A woman is supposed to soft, refined and good to look at so extra shaving is the custom.

IMO only gender confused men , and men who are in the entertainment business, might consider shaving these areas of their body.

Old 01-30-2018, 07:21 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,565,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayden22 View Post
Totally gross to see all that thick bushy hair sticking out everywhere. I wish men shaved their pits when wearing a tank top.
Ewww. I don't want to see a man with shaved pits.

Old 01-30-2018, 07:25 PM

1,517 posts, read 989,091 times
Quote:
Real hardworking men don't need, or want to, shave any part anywhere but their face, sometimes not even that, because they are men who have better things to do than "dainty up" like women do. A woman is supposed to soft, refined and good to look at so extra shaving is the custom.

IMO only gender confused men, and men who are in the entertainment business, might consider shaving these areas of their body.

But REAL men shave whatever part of their body they want for whatever reason they want, screw how anybody else feels about it. Funny how people come up with such ridiculous stereotypes about things that don't personally affect them.

I'm a man and I shave my pits because armpit hair is gross to look at (I wear tank tops a lot) and hard to keep clean, and I don't especially feel that smelling like I just finished a week's work at an onion plantation especially pleasant. Is there some judgement about my masculinity you'd like to pass because of that?

Last edited by Ttark; 01-30-2018 at 07:57 PM..

Old 01-30-2018, 07:30 PM

4,196 posts, read 4,448,063 times
Don't want to presume to know your gender or the situation / environment in which you get repulsed by the sight, but why would you be looking at men's armpits anyway?

Oops you referenced summer, so I understand you are observing this in warm weather.... hmm, maybe you can suggest it to some men and see how it goes and report back to us for laughs?

Approach stranger or friend in summer ,"Excuse me, I can't help but notice your underarm plume, I find it visually disgusting would you please shave or trim it?"

I want so much to hear how this goes over...

PS Don't forget swimmer's shaving for improved hydrodynamics!

Last edited by ciceropolo; 01-30-2018 at 07:43 PM.. Reason: additional

Old 01-30-2018, 09:47 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,856,735 times
I like the look of armpit hair on men. My husband had to go for a random drug test at work and the hair on his bread was too short, so they shaved half of one of his armpits and it sure does look funny that way.

Old 01-30-2018, 10:08 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,680,578 times
I don't know why people even bother shaving there because it is very uncomfortable if it starts to grow. Enjoy plucking.

Old 01-31-2018, 04:16 AM

13,395 posts, read 13,495,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired in Illinois View Post

IMO only gender confused men , and men who are in the entertainment business, might consider shaving these areas of their body.
Wow. A woman is supposed to be "good to look at?" Is that a woman's purpose on earth? Your attitude is disgusting.

Old 01-31-2018, 05:01 AM

6,617 posts, read 6,536,651 times
Men shaving their armpits has never been a common practice. It just isn't, but if a guy wants to shave his pits, who cares?

Women on the other hand, commonly shave their pits. To me, it just looks nicer and cleaner and gives me the opinion that the women takes care of herself.

As long as a man doesn't have BO, I could care less if he has hairy armpits. Thick furry chests and backs on the other hand, turn me right off. My hubby has hardly any hair on his chest (he shaves what little he has, off) and none on his back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty