Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2018, 09:13 AM

6,191 posts, read 7,357,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
so all the non shavers - ya'll single??? I cannot imagine getting out of bed in the morning and the light shines on my hairy legs and my partner sees it.
Quote:
Interesting. Non of you have sex that involves touching legs I guess. I am trying to be pretty for my partner, and shaving legs is one of the easier tasks to accomplish. My hair is black, so maybe that's another reason, you'll see it without trying if I am nude.
I don't shave NEARLY as often once it gets cold out. My skin is very dry and it just aggravates it.

I am married. My husband doesn't care. When he is trying to sex me, he is more focused on other parts of my body as well as the sex than, "Ew, leg hair." Yes, I prefer to have shaved legs (and I like the smooth feeling) but when I am working two jobs and different shifts than my husband, I don't always have the time. I have long legs and shaving isn't that fast for me because my hair seems to grow different directions. Haha.

BTW-I will worry about MY hair when my husband worries about his. So the fact that he's 10x hairier than me is okay but god forbid I have stubble? On what planet? Not mine, that's for sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2018, 10:33 AM

1,739 posts, read 2,568,306 times
I think not shaving is disgusting, period. Doesn't matter who sees it because I know it's there. Why would I want to feel like a man? It's just nasty.

Old 02-02-2018, 03:34 PM

30,358 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastBoundandDownChick View Post
I think not shaving is disgusting, period. Doesn't matter who sees it because I know it's there. Why would I want to feel like a man? It's just nasty.
I certainly don't feel like a man... considering my boobs get in the way of even seeing my legs, lol.

To each their own, of course, but I don't understand why body hair (in any quantity) became so taboo for women. It's natural, and unless you're SUPER hairy, I don't think anyone will even notice. If it makes you feel good, by all means shave daily. I would just appreciate not being called "manly" or gross, just for choosing to not shave frequently. It's about respecting personal decisions, ya know?

Old 02-02-2018, 03:48 PM

8,166 posts, read 8,528,805 times
Quote:
I am always worried to fall off my motorcycle and end up in the ambulance where they cut off my pants and get grossed out by my thick black leg hair. And then I am sitting in the hospital with a cast and my hair sticking out on bottom and top.
So yes, I shave.
Not to worry. If they plaster up your leg they will shave the hair. Of course, it will grow back before the remove the cast. Arrrrgh!

Old 02-02-2018, 06:48 PM

30,358 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashj007 View Post
Not to worry. If they plaster up your leg they will shave the hair. Of course, it will grow back before the remove the cast. Arrrrgh!
Yeah, when I had a cast on my arm last year, they shaved it first - and I have hardly ANY arm-hair!

Old 02-02-2018, 09:30 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,537,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayden22 View Post
I don't shave mine in the winter. Then again I'm not really hairy to begin with.
I could offer you my grooming services.....

Old 02-03-2018, 01:31 AM

8,583 posts, read 16,014,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
I shave my legs every other day in the winter and every day in the summer. My armpits I shave twice a week in the winter and every other day in the summer.
Dang I would have to post that schedule on my shower wall ..

Old 02-03-2018, 02:40 AM

522 posts, read 715,949 times
I skip shaving my legs in the winter

Old 02-03-2018, 04:35 AM

6,617 posts, read 6,545,986 times
The one positive thing about getting older, (I'm 60) is that the hair growth on your legs slows down. I hardly have to remove hair at all any more, even my 'pits.

I use a hair removal product(for my legs only) using rubber gloves to apply, rather than shaving. I leave it on for 10 minutes and wash it off with a wash cloth in the shower.

It gets MUCH closer than shaving and my legs are so smooth afterwards. I don't even need to apply cream on my legs afterwards. Note: do a patch test to make sure you don't have a reaction to the product.

Old 02-03-2018, 06:01 AM

10,612 posts, read 12,129,422 times
This thread has me grateful that I don't have any hair on my legs below my knee.

And reminds me that I am neither "grossed out" nor "skeeved out" nor "disgusted by" by any part of my body.
I don't speak in terms of hating myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty