Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2018, 06:03 PM

32,940 posts, read 36,369,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxu View Post
I'm puzzled by your posting. I have been wearing these belts for more than a decade.

Maybe we are talking about different things. The belts I have - and I have about six - either pull through a couple of clamp "rings" and then fold back into your pants belt loop, or the other type passes through a clamp style "buckle" and looks like the usual man's belt.
My husband had three types: https://www.landsend.com/products/me...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

Web Belts

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/22...ease-nylon-web

He does mean something else, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2018, 06:04 PM

3,850 posts, read 4,154,110 times
My husband wears these (ratchet belts) daily and likes them.

Old 02-27-2018, 08:02 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,191,390 times
My dad, in his 80's, still has the brass ratchet style he was issued when he was in the Marines. He just replaces the cotton belt material every so often, they come in one size with a "finished" end and cut to length. It's much heavier and better quality than the ones they sell now. You can probably purchase a good ratchet buckle online and order belt color /style, or a few colors because easily changed out.

Old 03-01-2018, 08:11 PM

115 posts, read 92,084 times
ok; so I got the belt and don't like it. I don't like the bumpy notch at the top (where the hole-less magic happens I guess). The notch is big. Also, the buckle has a big piece of metal on the side that pushes against the waist. I'm going to return it tt
Attached Thumbnails
What do you guys think of belts without holes-img_1296e.jpg  

Old 03-04-2018, 11:13 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Not like that. They look more like a regular belt.

Comfort Click Belt
These belts are horrible. They work great for a short time, and then the buckle part comes undone from the leather, basically falls apart.

The ratcheting mechanism seems to work OK, not perfect, they do slip frequently if you are bending over and moving around alot, but the real problem is how the buckle attaches to the leather.

Old 03-04-2018, 06:42 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,507,858 times
I was also puzzled-- I immediately thought of Boy Scout belts (which are basically like the military belts others have pointed out). I think belts that adjust without needing holes make a lot of sense. I like the kind that have holes all over, though. Like this braided belt. It makes sense to have belts that can be adjusted to any fit.

Old 03-05-2018, 11:30 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,064,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosurprises View Post
I recently came across an ad for belts without holes. I thought it was some kind of joke, but they really do exist, and there are a couple of different manufacturers. You can adjust the size in 1/4 inches.

Has anyone tried them? They're relatively cheap and with my odd waist size (33"), I'm thinking about getting one.
I can't get behind the obvious lack of commitment from these belts

Old 03-17-2018, 10:41 PM

1,413 posts, read 1,517,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
My husband LOVES his. I ordered it from Walmart on sale. Hubby has lost some weight, so his belts were getting too big. This belt is plain black leather, has a ratchet strip on the underside, and easily adjusts to any size.
I typically wouldn't buy clothes from Walmart, but I need to check these out.

I've always liked braided leather belts, but only once have I ever found one that was braided all the way to the end, so you could poke the tongue through anywhere. On all the other braided leather belts I've seen, the last seven or eight inches have been solid leather drilled through with the standard five holes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty