Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2018, 04:34 AM

16,414 posts, read 12,484,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Seen it. Hate it.

This generation in general, wears more makeup than any in history.
Wouldn’t this trend be wearing less makeup, if they’re only wearing foundation and powder?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2018, 06:40 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,297,247 times
These days it's all about the contouring and you can't believe all the YouTube videos on this. We have the Kardashians to thank for this mess.

I'm with some of you. Most days I just wear mascara and a light lipstick and I fill in my brows. Have you ladies noticed some of the crazy eyebrows right now? They look like they were stenciled on.

Old 03-19-2018, 08:19 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,210,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
These days it's all about the contouring and you can't believe all the YouTube videos on this. We have the Kardashians to thank for this mess.

I'm with some of you. Most days I just wear mascara and a light lipstick and I fill in my brows. Have you ladies noticed some of the crazy eyebrows right now? They look like they were stenciled on.
yep
and we have Seacrest to thank for the K family

Old 03-19-2018, 08:29 AM

15,637 posts, read 26,239,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Wouldn’t this trend be wearing less makeup, if they’re only wearing foundation and powder?
Well, maybe if the foundation was light, but this style is very heavy. If they do it daily, they have to be using a container of foundation and powder every month and a half. I’m talking multiple layers.

Old 03-19-2018, 08:35 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,100,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Well, maybe if the foundation was light, but this style is very heavy. If they do it daily, they have to be using a container of foundation and powder every month and a half. I’m talking multiple layers.
That just can't be good for skin!

Old 03-19-2018, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
That just can't be good for skin!
That’s my thinking, but I’ve run into women of all ages who say makeup protects the skin from the environment.

Old 03-19-2018, 09:11 AM

2,177 posts, read 2,314,220 times
Yeah the heavily contoured face and flawless/poreless look is in. Always selfie ready!

Old 03-19-2018, 11:25 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,680,578 times
What happened to the fashion statement of going no makeup? Makeup industry hurts the environment, they spend large amount of wasteful printing and plastic materials that don't even get recycled. Most women just throw their used makeup containers in the garbage rather than recycle. It's wasteful yet these women want to do more good for the environment, where's holding the companies responsible for the environment and practicing it at home?

Old 03-19-2018, 11:45 AM

2,575 posts, read 2,074,255 times
I wouldn't say it's a trend. I personally have never seen it, but don't doubt it happens.

Now the full coverage foundation look is popular, just watch a few beauty guru's on YouTube. I have never seen any of them suggesting that be the only makeup someone wears. Most would cringe at that honestly. Some people don't realize that extra heavy foundation look is for camera only and doesn't translate well in natural light.

If it's young girls I am guessing multiple things could be at play. 1. They have acne and are trying too hard to cover it up (they will learn the hard way). And 2. Maybe that's all parents are letting them wear at that age.

Old 03-19-2018, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crd08 View Post
I wouldn't say it's a trend. I personally have never seen it, but don't doubt it happens.

Now the full coverage foundation look is popular, just watch a few beauty guru's on YouTube. I have never seen any of them suggesting that be the only makeup someone wears. Most would cringe at that honestly. Some people don't realize that extra heavy foundation look is for camera only and doesn't translate well in natural light.

If it's young girls I am guessing multiple things could be at play. 1. They have acne and are trying too hard to cover it up (they will learn the hard way). And 2. Maybe that's all parents are letting them wear at that age.
Well, the women I see doing it are employed at positions that are not entry level. If they are still living with their parents? They have more problems than makeup.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty