Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2018, 04:29 PM

7,327 posts, read 12,336,447 times

Advertisements

I know we had the discussion about the color forecasts in another thread, and another user and I brought up an interesting point: do these color forecasts really apply to menswear? With several brands, I often see the same colors being brought back from previous seasons, with only a small number of the forecasted colors being released. Womenswear, on the other hand will often have a larger portion of the forecasted colors, with fewer colors from previous seasons available.

So, do color forecasts really apply to menswear?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2018, 08:42 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
I know we had the discussion about the color forecasts in another thread, and another user and I brought up an interesting point: do these color forecasts really apply to menswear? With several brands, I often see the same colors being brought back from previous seasons, with only a small number of the forecasted colors being released. Womenswear, on the other hand will often have a larger portion of the forecasted colors, with fewer colors from previous seasons available.

So, do color forecasts really apply to menswear?
Yes, according to an article I found about the Color Association of the United States, which covers five categories, including menswear:

The CAUS was established in 1915 by a group of textile manufactures. According to Roberts, this was a time when the department-store concept was developing, and they recognized the need for an organization to direct trends so manufacturers were able to produce large quantities of common textiles. Since then, the organization has grown to make up five categories: women’s fashion, menswear, youth fashion, interiors/environment and beauty, which was added in the spring of 2011.

Fashion Week: How the Season's Hottest Colors Get Chosen | TIME.com

Old 03-20-2018, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Yes, according to an article I found about the Color Association of the United States, which covers five categories, including menswear:

The CAUS was established in 1915 by a group of textile manufactures. According to Roberts, this was a time when the department-store concept was developing, and they recognized the need for an organization to direct trends so manufacturers were able to produce large quantities of common textiles. Since then, the organization has grown to make up five categories: women’s fashion, menswear, youth fashion, interiors/environment and beauty, which was added in the spring of 2011.

Fashion Week: How the Season's Hottest Colors Get Chosen | TIME.com
So why with menswear I often see the same colors returning from previous seasons? IZOD and Polo Ralph Lauren seem to do so. This Spring IZOD only has two of the forecasted colors (Ultra Violet and Little Boy Blue); the rest are either brought back from Spring 2017 or are new colors that have never been used by them before.

Old 03-20-2018, 09:48 PM

115 posts, read 92,032 times
Is color forecasts like fashion designers guess what color is going to be good?

I don't care what color they're forecasting; I'm not buying Ultra Violet shirts/pants. I google Little Boy Blue, and I already have one, but if they make more and I happen to like/need another shirt/pants, I'll buy it.

Old 03-20-2018, 11:26 PM

4,488 posts, read 1,642,981 times
“Little Boy Blue”? That’s an actual color?

Old 03-21-2018, 12:59 AM

2,678 posts, read 2,099,392 times
Maybe it doesn't apply to Izod polos.
I do see the "color of the year" in dress shirts and ties.

Old 03-21-2018, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5-all View Post
Maybe it doesn't apply to Izod polos.
I do see the "color of the year" in dress shirts and ties.
Polo Ralph Lauren also has some of the same colors from last year as well.

Old 03-21-2018, 07:38 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,248,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
“Little Boy Blue”? That’s an actual color?
Right? I'd never admit my shirts color was "little boy blue". Wtf.

Anyway, 99.9% of people don't give a rats backside about "color forecasts".

Old 03-21-2018, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
Right? I'd never admit my shirts color was "little boy blue". Wtf.

Anyway, 99.9% of people don't give a rats backside about "color forecasts".
And what is wrong with that? My favorite shade of pink is known as Fairy Tale, and I really like both the color and the name.

Old 03-21-2018, 02:27 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,248,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
And what is wrong with that? My favorite shade of pink is known as Fairy Tale, and I really like both the color and the name.
IMO, no adult male clothing retailer should be using made up, cutesy little kid names for their hues. Its obnoxious and a tad creepy.

Last edited by LLCNYC; 03-21-2018 at 02:43 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty