Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2018, 05:32 PM

9,512 posts, read 6,093,395 times

Advertisements

I wear tank tops every day, usually the tight, active wear types & between my body & their cut; they are always “low cut”. I am 50 (wow, it’s so weird to write that).

I wear them due to sensory issues, as I hate sleeves & layers & also because I’m tall. Blouses don’t fit me right; they are too short & the buttons strain around my chest area. Just to accommodate those two issues, I’d have to buy plus-sizes & then I disappear into shapelessness. Obviously I don’t dress like that for meetings at schools, kid-related events or church but I’d be miserable if I couldn’t dress like that the majority of the time.

I do have “overflow” issues with a few of my tops that I have to be aware of but other than that; I don’t feel inappropriate at all. To be honest, I don’t really care if someone thinks I am. Neither do I care if it is “inviting the wrong kind of attention” & I don’t care if men look.

I will only have to worry when they don’t look, anymore.

I guess I’ve entered the age group where Im not young enough to get away it yet not old enough to know any better. I am, however, old enough to not give a crap!

Old 04-08-2018, 07:29 PM

11,583 posts, read 6,729,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Me too.

Grow up, YuMart.

+1

OP, what do you care what other people wear? BTW, 40 is not old, LOL!

Old 04-08-2018, 07:38 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,517,503 times
Default Having Difficulty Naming This Post.

If you really want to see horrendous exposures.........go to Miami, and Orlando, Florida. Some women have taken their recent freedom, to the extreme.

Old 04-08-2018, 08:55 PM

11,230 posts, read 9,308,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
That's what happens when you turn 60.
Not there just yet, but not worried about it either.

I'm going to let you in on a little secret.

Older folks (like me, or those older than me - I have friends clear up to the 90s - ) don't give a rat's behind what y'all think of us.

Next!

Old 04-09-2018, 02:09 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,308,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponytrekker View Post
Why it's his wife's body. If I didn't want to wear underwear you think I'd give a seet if my wife was OK with it?
No studies showing wearing a bra has a positive health effect.
He brought it up and it was kind of random. I was curious.

Considering the feelings of one's spouse is a favorable attribute in a marriage partnership.

And your last statement certainly depends on the size.

Old 04-09-2018, 03:13 AM

18,525 posts, read 18,732,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginge McFantaPants View Post
Inappropriate. Once a woman reaches 30, 31 max, her wardrobe should only be purchased from the Harriet Carter catalog or QVC’s Quacker Factory. Maybe the Blair catalog if she’s feeling thirsty.

/sarcasm
Im 70 how do I get one hahahah.

Old 04-09-2018, 04:24 AM

8,036 posts, read 10,626,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginge McFantaPants View Post
Inappropriate. Once a woman reaches 30, 31 max, her wardrobe should only be purchased from the Harriet Carter catalog or QVC’s Quacker Factory. Maybe the Blair catalog if she’s feeling thirsty.

/sarcasm
LOL, so funny. I'm quite a bit over 35 and you'd have to pay me to wear clothes from any of those god-awful places.

Hey, we were the rock and roll generation. We have to strike a happy medium. We're not going gently into those pastel tops with cats on them and elastic waist jeans....hopefully, never!

I think that, if in good shape, low cut tops are OK until about, say around the later 40's. That being said, I have seen older women with sun damaged, "crinkly" skin wearing low-cut tops and thought "yuck". I mean what's the point? Just looks "low rent".

We have to adopt a "trendy yet tasteful" approach in our older years. Accentuate what still looks good, but it's time to just go ahead and cover some things up.

Old 04-09-2018, 04:46 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,180,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YuMart View Post
I see lots of women over 35 wearing tops that are really low cut, sometimes so low cut you can see their breasts. While it may be okay for younger women much like midriffs how do you feel about women over 35 and lower, really lower cut tops?
If you can see the woman's navel then it is excessively low-cut. Otherwise, meh.

Old 04-09-2018, 06:45 AM

23,656 posts, read 13,964,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YuMart View Post
I see lots of women over 35 wearing tops that are really low cut, sometimes so low cut you can see their breasts. While it may be okay for younger women much like midriffs how do you feel about women over 35 and lower, really lower cut tops?
If it really bugs you..........................

.................................then don't hang out with me or my belly dancing sisters.

Old 04-09-2018, 08:43 AM

13,447 posts, read 15,466,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
Your body is way hotter than many younger women. The OP feel like you and me can't wear certain clothes because we are so old...lol
Some people can't get through their thick skulls that age is just a number.
Thank you And amen sister.

It's funny how once I crossed the threshold into "older" status I can no longer look and be in your face sexy. That's the problem that I have - older women being rendered as non-sexual beings that need to be covered up and "have class". I believe in dressing for the occasion. There's a time for classy and then there's times when I just want to wear a dress up to my navel because - guess what? - I *feel* great wearing it. Same as when I was 27.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty