Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2018, 02:34 PM

7,326 posts, read 12,325,478 times

Advertisements

Now that we are midway through the Spring 2018 fashion season, I think we should now discuss what you would like to see for Fall 2018.

It appears that one Pantone forecasted colors for Fall 2018 is known as Pink Peacock, a hot pink color. I would like to see that color in my favorite brand's wardrobe for Fall 2018, with both their polo shirts and their fleeces, since they rarely seem to incorporate hot pink into their wardrobe. In Spring 2016 they did have a golf polo in a fuchsia color (can't remember the name), but that is the only time I can remember. I would also like to see some fleeces in Fairy Tale. My favorite brand usually releases the first of their Fall products around late May/early June.

What would you like to see for Fall 2018?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2018, 03:51 PM

15,142 posts, read 27,760,706 times
I just want to see Spring!

Old 04-08-2018, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
I just want to see Spring!
I have really been impressed by my favorite brand's Spring 2018 collection with all the Fairy Tale that they have been releasing (the most since Spring 2015). I bought everything you could imagine in that color. I don't buy a lot of Fall products normally, but I would like to see some fleeces in Fairy Tale as well as some products in Pink Peacock, one of the forecasted Pantone colors.

Old 04-09-2018, 04:19 PM

If you are wondering what are the forecasted colors for Fall 2018, here they are:

https://www.pantone.com/fashion-colo...mn-winter-2018

As you can see, some of these colors are not your typical Fall colors. Other than Ultra Violet (which is an incumbent from Spring 2018), some of these colors seem like they would traditionally be Spring colors.

IZOD is usually conservative with its Fall collections with mostly dark colors, neutrals, and earth tones, although they typically include some pink fleeces (although it is always a light pink). I would not be surprised to see some fleeces in Fairy Tale for Fall 2018 considering the amount of products they had in that color for Spring 2018. I would also not be surprised to see fleeces in Ultra Violet. But I would really like to see them add Pink Peacock, for both their Fall 2018 Advantage Polo and their fleeces.

Old 04-09-2018, 04:44 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
If you are wondering what are the forecasted colors for Fall 2018, here they are:

https://www.pantone.com/fashion-colo...mn-winter-2018

As you can see, some of these colors are not your typical Fall colors. Other than Ultra Violet (which is an incumbent from Spring 2018), some of these colors seem like they would traditionally be Spring colors.

IZOD is usually conservative with its Fall collections with mostly dark colors, neutrals, and earth tones, although they typically include some pink fleeces (although it is always a light pink). I would not be surprised to see some fleeces in Fairy Tale for Fall 2018 considering the amount of products they had in that color for Spring 2018. I would also not be surprised to see fleeces in Ultra Violet. But I would really like to see them add Pink Peacock, for both their Fall 2018 Advantage Polo and their fleeces.
Thx, Jazz. That olive color is all over some of the spring catalogs I've received. I like that teal green for fall; it's also showing up for spring. And I'm up for anything in the purple range. I wish they'd give us a good rich violet--a purple with a dash of red. Their purple selection is pretty standard ho-hum, pretty middle-of-the-road purple. We need a good blue-violet or red-violet, to spice things up.

Old 04-09-2018, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Thx, Jazz. That olive color is all over some of the spring catalogs I've received. I like that teal green for fall; it's also showing up for spring. And I'm up for anything in the purple range. I wish they'd give us a good rich violet--a purple with a dash of red. Their purple selection is pretty standard ho-hum, pretty middle-of-the-road purple. We need a good blue-violet or red-violet, to spice things up.
Teal isn't too unusual for Fall; I have a button-down shirt from Fall 2017 in a shade of teal known as North Sea. Ultra Violet is the Color of the Year for 2018 and is currently on-trend for Spring and is expected to remain on-trend for Fall.

Old 04-09-2018, 05:09 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,155,231 times
It's April and still snowing.

Old 04-09-2018, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
It's April and still snowing.
You probably live in a climate dominated by Fall fashion. Remember that fashion seasons don't align with real seasons; Spring is usually sold January-June (sometimes earlier) while Fall is usually sold July-December (again, sometimes earlier). Some higher-end brands may have two more-seasons, Pre-Fall and Resort, particularly with their women's lines.

My favorite brand has three collections per year, Spring, Fall, and Holiday. They start selling Spring in November, but don't start marketing it until February. They start selling Fall around Memorial Day, but don't start marketing it until September. Sales for Holiday start in October and marketing starts in November until the end of the holiday season.

Old 04-10-2018, 05:35 AM

15,219 posts, read 10,299,568 times
Living in Florida we don't really have seasons and we pretty much dress the same way all year. However, for me, I don't wear pastels in winter or black in summer despite the fact that the temperature is only about 20 degrees different between summer & winter here with winter having less humidity so I would never wear that new pink color in January.

I guess it's a throwback from when I lived on Long Island. I do miss the shopping for new clothes but I don't miss the semi-annual ritual of packing away the current season's clothes to prepare for the next one.

Old 04-10-2018, 07:25 AM

4,212 posts, read 6,899,912 times
Hoping for more mock-neck sweaters this next year. I missed out on one I loved in last year's fall season.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty