Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2018, 12:18 PM

2,518 posts, read 5,356,549 times

Advertisements

I always buy a couple of packs of Fruit of the Loom underwear at Target, whenever I visit the US, even though I may not need them at the time. Never had a problem with them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2018, 03:00 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,366,942 times
Natori for bras. Hanes for underwear. Smartwool for socks.

Old 05-05-2018, 02:45 PM

37,611 posts, read 45,988,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
I have noticed lately that the ladies panties I buy literally fall apart very quickly. I usually buy my undies at stores like Walmart, and I know that their stuff is cheap. But even undies that I buy at other stores, even VS or Soma, literally self-destruct in a matter of weeks.

I am not unusually hard on my knickers. I don't yank them off in fits of passion. I wash them separately in a "lingerie" bag in my washing machine on the "gentle or delicate" cycle. I try to take care of them, but within a matter of a few weeks, they are usually falling apart. Seams coming out, elastic tearing away, etc.

Does anyone else have this problem or is it just me? Can you suggest a better way to buy undies? Please, I don't want to spend $20 for a pair. But I am willing to spend a reasonable amount.
WTH? What on earth do you wash your clothes in? I have never, ever, had underwear or anything else "fall apart" or self-destruct, even after YEARS of wear, and they go through the dryer too. I really don't have any undies that get any special care, and although I have never bought any at WalMart, I have bought from Target and TJ Max and Kohl's.

Old 05-05-2018, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
Do not ever put your underwear in the dryer.

It destroys them.
LOL. It certainly does not.

Old 05-05-2018, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuMart View Post
Speaking of underwear, would any woman under 60 wear these evil things?

https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-17...=White&prdPV=7
https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-17...=White&prdPV=5

Yikes
I don't wear those, but I am not sure why you would think they were "evil"? For ladies that are larger (and let's face it, most older women are) bikinis and low-cut undies just don't fit right - fatter butts and hips tend to look like sausages and the panty lines are just awful. Think about it.

Old 05-05-2018, 05:45 PM

14,520 posts, read 8,767,081 times
One can usually get a good estimation of age according to comments made on a thread like this.

Old 05-06-2018, 08:55 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,256,669 times
I haven't noticed mine falling apart quickly. I insist on 100% cotton panties; I can't stand nylon. In fact I buy 100% cotton for most of my clothes. But I used to like Hanes Her Way and they used to be a decent thickness and then I noticed they started making them with material that was really, really thin. So I stopped buying them and started buying Jockey and they are the thickness that Hanes used to be. I wear bikinis unless I am wearing something like white slacks where they would show through, then I wear briefs. I wash and dry them along with everything else, not on gentle cycle, and they hold up fine.

Old 05-06-2018, 09:46 AM

3,421 posts, read 5,218,867 times
If your are putting your underwear in the dryer, that is the problem. Only wash your undies in cold water and hang them to dry, and don't put your bras in the washing machine all, wash them on hand and hang them dry.

Old 05-07-2018, 07:03 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,194,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta_BD View Post
If your are putting your underwear in the dryer, that is the problem. Only wash your undies in cold water and hang them to dry, and don't put your bras in the washing machine all, wash them on hand and hang them dry.
That doesn't seem to be needed by me or several others here that have thrown them in the washer and dryer for years...have even done it with supposedly very delicate things.
The one thing that usually shreds, but even then, many times doesn't, is the keenex I forgot in a pocket.

Old 05-07-2018, 07:09 AM

712 posts, read 555,104 times
I buy hanes underwear at Walmart, just wash with the rest of the laundry. Toss in the dryer too. Never had a pair fall apart like that. I have some underwear that are fairly old too. My frustration is more that they give me a wedgie and those I don't wear anymore.

My bras also go in the washer but never dried in the dryer.

As for socks, I have such tiny feet I have to buy children's socks. I like the hanes crew socks but they are getting hard to find. I went to Target this week and found a brand I had never heard of but really like them and the packaging. I wear a child's size Medium since I wear a size 2 1/2 shoe and I am 59 years old
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty