Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2018, 09:43 AM

7,327 posts, read 12,338,739 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
There is nothing wrong with dropshippers on eBay. Yes, you have to compare the price to Amazon and Walmart to see what the markup is. But I buy many items on eBay for 50 cents to $1 over the Amazon Prime price. For that I get the items in two day free shipping, and don't have to pay $100 a year for Amazon Prime. The extra markup for it, doesn't come close to the price I would pay for Amazon Prime.
You know that it is technically against Amazon policy to use a Prime account for dropshipping. It is okay to use it to ship to a few friends and family, but Amazon can flag your account if if you ship to too many addresses using Prime. I definitely wouldn't trust those sellers who abuse their Prime accounts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2018, 10:01 AM

2,077 posts, read 2,017,890 times
I rarely shop vintage on Ebay .I managed to get two lovely outfits for Ascot made through there including my hats . I am small enough that I shop alot of trendy things from over seas that you never see here and always get asked where I got ....... I have been on ebay though over 15 years and have shopped the US , NL , UK and Canadian ones so I know what to avoid . I also read reviews .

Old 05-01-2018, 04:12 PM

12,040 posts, read 8,421,785 times
There is a size and style of jeans I can no longer get that I'm always on the watch for.

I bought a good Norwegian sweater on Ebay. New the price is exorbitant for a sweater I am only going to wear for special occasions.

I watch for vintage Harley clothing. These are also expensive and after a season of riding in the sun look used anyway.

Old 05-01-2018, 06:40 PM

188 posts, read 203,010 times
The only time I've bought stuff on eBay was to replace specific things a few years after I'd purchased them (i.e. things I couldn't get from a store anymore). Like, there were some Arizona brand pants I bought that were perfect for a few reasons, and I was able to get a few more new-with-tag and gently used pairs off eBay.

Old 05-01-2018, 06:43 PM

15,420 posts, read 9,078,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
You know that it is technically against Amazon policy to use a Prime account for dropshipping. It is okay to use it to ship to a few friends and family, but Amazon can flag your account if if you ship to too many addresses using Prime. I definitely wouldn't trust those sellers who abuse their Prime accounts.
All I know is that I order the item on eBay with two day free shipping, and two days later I get a package from Amazon Prime. It works for me. Amazon Prime without the prime price.

Old 05-01-2018, 08:02 PM

7,327 posts, read 12,338,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
All I know is that I order the item on eBay with two day free shipping, and two days later I get a package from Amazon Prime. It works for me. Amazon Prime without the prime price.
So essentially, you are endorsing cheaters. Amazon clearly states that Prime accounts are for personal use and are not to be used for the resale of products on Amazon. Amazon doesn't have anything against dropshipping in general, but if a Prime account is used, that raises a red flag for Amazon, since Prime accounts are for personal use. I would report that eBay seller to Amazon right away.

Old 05-01-2018, 08:19 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crd08 View Post
I've bought a few things. I don't like to pay retail and I don't mind gently used items, especially something trendy. I've never had a bad experience. I will buy purses as well
Same.

I have a few styles/brands that I know fit me well so I just search for those to see if there's something there that will save me a trip to the store. I hate shopping.

My biggest coup was when my daughter needed prom/ball dresses in high school. We bought several for between $1 and $40 each knowing it wasn't breaking the bank if they didn't work out. She wore all 3!

Old 05-01-2018, 08:40 PM

11,582 posts, read 6,736,853 times
I buy and sell on Ebay.

I sell my daughters clothes, but only if they are in like new condition. Most of them are from Justice which until recently are expensive. They sell well! I have also purchased clothes Brand new Justice clothes off Ebay for my daughter as they are way cheaper. I have also bought a few VS Pink items for myself or bras that are discontinued that I like. The key is to look at the sellers feedback rating. I never buy from anyone without a near perfect rating!

Old 05-02-2018, 05:08 AM

11,782 posts, read 5,795,007 times
Quote:
So essentially, you are endorsing cheaters. Amazon clearly states that Prime accounts are for personal use and are not to be used for the resale of products on Amazon. Amazon doesn't have anything against dropshipping in general, but if a Prime account is used, that raises a red flag for Amazon, since Prime accounts are for personal use. I would report that eBay seller to Amazon right away.
There are two different prime accts - a Business Prime and a Personal Prime. Many sellers sell on both Amazon and Ebay but their product is handled at the Amazon warehouse - so any item purchased on Ebay will arrive with the Amazon Prime packaging - this is not against policy. What is against policy is a seller - using their personal prime acct to drop ship. You can usually tell that's what they've done as there is a gift receipt inside the box. Those sellers I report.

Old 05-02-2018, 02:17 PM

4,565 posts, read 5,419,304 times
Quote:
When do you buy clothing on eBay?

What are your scenarios where you would buy clothes from eBay?
Never. None. I would never buy used clothes on eBay. Just part of one of my many basic life rules:

Never buy used clothes, and never buy used electronics - ESPECIALLY off of eBay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty