Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2018, 09:24 AM

265 posts, read 155,653 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Hot and cold are relative. Here in Colorado it's not unusual for people (mainly male) to wear shorts even when it's not warm out. Some guys legs don't get cold - shorts and a sweatshirt/jacket and they're good. Why would it bother me?

Do you get equally annoyed with people wearing more/heavier clothing than you deem necessary?
Not really. Chances are though they are wearing something more formal if they are over dressed. But you're a grown man. How about dressing like one? Not saying you have to be like other guy with penny loafers and a button down. But shorts are little boys clothes. When it is not hot out it is even more puzzling. Unless you just want to admit you're a lazy slob. But then why be bothered by suburban people who wear their pajamas outside to the grocery store either by your logic

Old 05-20-2018, 09:24 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,458,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Women have it a lot worse jn terms of being judged based on clothing attire.
Yep. Particularly if they are over 40 and/or don't fit the conventional standard for ideal body-type.

Old 05-20-2018, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raise_the_Black_Flag View Post
Not really. Chances are though they are wearing something more formal if they are over dressed. But you're a grown man. How about dressing like one? Not saying you have to be like other guy with penny loafers and a button down. But shorts are little boys clothes. When it is not hot out it is even more puzzling. Unless you just want to admit you're a lazy slob. But then why be bothered by suburban people who wear their pajamas outside to the grocery store either by your logic
Huh?

If someone is running errands on a Saturday why wouldn't they wear clothing that is both comfortable and appropriate for the situation. One needn't wear long pants to run to Lowe's and return to do household chores.

Shorts are not in the same category as sleepwear.

Edit: oh yeah, you're Mr. Hate North face Guy. I remember you. Don't come to Colorado. Between North face and shorts year round, you'll have appoplexy.

Old 05-20-2018, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Huh?

If someone is running errands on a Saturday why wouldn't they wear clothing that is both comfortable and appropriate for the situation. One needn't wear long pants to run to Lowe's and return to do household chores.

Shorts are not in the same category as sleepwear.
But it is not appropriate if it is not hot out. Further comfort = lazy out. Would you think it is ok tower them to church? Why not its comfortable. And how is it "comfortable" when it is not hot out? You wore them in your house and then never bothered to put on pants and froze ?

Old 05-20-2018, 09:35 AM

Quote:
But it is not appropriate if it is not hot out.
Why not?

What is "hot", and if shorts are inappropriate for grown men why wouldn't they be inappropriate even when it's "hot"?

Old 05-20-2018, 09:39 AM

14,229 posts, read 30,034,466 times
One of my co-workers wore shorts year round. In Minnesota. It could be -40 and he was in shorts! He always said it was wishful thinking!

Old 05-20-2018, 09:41 AM

Above 80 degrees and/or summer unless in a warm weather state.

But don't be a 50 years old man and wearing shorts in 50 degree weather man. Puts some pants on!

Why is it men only doing this? I have been seeing this for months now despite living in the Northeast and hasn't been unseasonably warm.

Old 05-20-2018, 09:41 AM

16,421 posts, read 12,510,794 times
Quote:
But it is not appropriate if it is not hot out. Further comfort = lazy out. Would you think it is ok tower them to church? Why not its comfortable. And how is it "comfortable" when it is not hot out? You wore them in your house and then never bothered to put on pants and froze ?

What's "not hot" to you can be hot to someone else. We all have different tolerance levels. And and I don't think anyone going to the hardware store is concerned about what's appropriate.

And many churches would find them okay. Not all churches have a dress code.

Old 05-20-2018, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
What's "not hot" to you can be hot to someone else. We all have different tolerance levels. And and I don't think anyone going to the hardware store is concerned about what's appropriate.

And many churches would find them okay. Not all churches have a dress code.
So why not work then in an office ? "I get hotter than others so while everyone is in their shirt and tie - I am going wear my shorts."

Old 05-20-2018, 09:50 AM

14,312 posts, read 11,702,283 times
This all makes about as sense as someone ranting about how uncivilized it is to wear white shoes before Memorial Day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty