Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: I am a woman and my favorite men's cologne is:
1 Million Pure 1 10.00%
Versace Eros 2 20.00%
Acqua Di Gio 3 30.00%
le male - jean paul gaultier 1 10.00%
Curve 3 30.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2018, 04:30 AM

5,404 posts, read 3,595,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
You are prejudiced against metrosexuals? They are merely men who take more care of their appearance and use more body care products than ordinary men. Not all metrosexuals drench themselves in cologne.

I think I'm a metrosexual (and I just love women, literally) and I want to appear the absolute best as I can. I use just two (sometimes 3) short sprays of cologne under my chin, CK1 or Stetson. I'm not sure it's even enough to detect unless my woman is near my face (like when she kisses me or snuggles me).

I think you should take a survey before assuming all metrosexuals douse themselves in cologne.
its not just men, its women too, they douse themselves and their clothes in perfume, and it stinks, you can smell them a mile off.
like James Bond in Russia with Love said when asked why Brits don't wear perfume, he replied "We Wash", obviously the pendulum has gone full circle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2018, 11:40 AM

14,530 posts, read 20,109,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpaul View Post
its not just men, its women too, they douse themselves and their clothes in perfume, and it stinks, you can smell them a mile off.
like James Bond in Russia with Love said when asked why Brits don't wear perfume, he replied "We Wash", obviously the pendulum has gone full circle.
I like your anecdote! Actually Bond was always the consummate gentleman, and deadly killer. The contrast was the attraction. By the way, he was wrong about one thing. It's stirred, not shaken. If you shake a Martini you melt ice and dilute the drink. You get a purer cocktail if you stir it briefly then drain.

My only quarrel was your use of the word ALL. Some do use too much, some don't. I'm pretty sure I'm a 'don't.' The thing is, you apply your cologne ONCE. After you have done that your sense of smell is useless in telling how strongly you have scented yourself. When in doubt, use less. Less can be more.

Old 06-12-2018, 09:16 PM

3,881 posts, read 4,122,405 times
Quote:
I would like a female take on the two following which are my date favorites:

1.) Calvin Klein CK one

2.) Stetson cologne spray

I have been using the two above just because they smell good to me, haven't had any complaints yet. I use only a small quantity, usually 2 spritzes, maybe 3.

Used that way these two bottles have lasted couple years at 2-3 uses per week.

Am I correct that NO women like Old Spice?

You must not have read a few earlier posts... a couple of us stated that old spice was still our fav and I had mentioned Stetson. I like both.

Old 06-14-2018, 04:52 PM

Thanks writerwife! I'll have to trial test the Old Spice on a few dates, ask my date in advance what she thinks about it. I've been very satisfied with Stetson, although considering that it is difficult to tell what your cologne tells like to others. Mostly I do just two sprays out of caution in not over-doing it.

Old 06-14-2018, 11:09 PM

1,514 posts, read 890,031 times
For those who said they "like the leather scent", Im curious what you think of "1 Million Pure" when you take your significant other to the department store, give a spritz or two of it on him and tell us what you think.

Old 06-15-2018, 08:22 AM

And why does leather scent never smell like leather to me?

Old 06-15-2018, 11:50 AM

3,881 posts, read 4,122,405 times
Quote:
Thanks writerwife! I'll have to trial test the Old Spice on a few dates, ask my date in advance what she thinks about it. I've been very satisfied with Stetson, although considering that it is difficult to tell what your cologne tells like to others. Mostly I do just two sprays out of caution in not over-doing it.

Sure thing. Unlike a lot of others, I DO like to smell it. I don't want to have my face in his neck to smell it. I want to smell a little waft of it as a guy passes by. Not like he took a header into the bottle but, why wear it if I can't smell it?

Old 06-15-2018, 11:52 AM

And that is my problem, in not knowing whether I'm overdoing it or not I keep my use to a minimum. I'm guessing it's noticeable when we hug and kiss but I don't know for sure. I guess I should ask my date sometime.

Old 06-16-2018, 08:24 AM

7,430 posts, read 4,672,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
That's the one I hate more than all others! Err...sorry.
So what do you like on your men?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty