Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2018, 06:54 AM

15,220 posts, read 10,318,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMartha View Post
Great for sun protection and bad hair days as well. lol

No one else wears hats or has an opinion on them?

I love hats and wish women still wore them all the time. I look great in hats. I even wore a gorgeous horsehair hat at my 1984 wedding. My big problem is I'm quite petite and hats, even expensive ones at places like Dillards seem to be "one size fits all" and I need something a little smaller than that but not as small as a child's size hat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2018, 07:37 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,269,032 times
I wear a helmet skiing and on the bicycle. I wear a brimmed/draw string sun hat on the sailboat or the beach. If I'm just out for a walk or knocking around outside in warm weather, I'm no hat and sunglasses. In the winter below freezing, I'll wear a Polartek or knit hat when I'm outside or I'll pop the hood and go Bill Belichick. I don't have male pattern baldness so I rarely wear a baseball hat.

Old 07-07-2018, 09:32 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,374,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
I love hats and wish women still wore them all the time. I look great in hats. I even wore a gorgeous horsehair hat at my 1984 wedding. My big problem is I'm quite petite and hats, even expensive ones at places like Dillards seem to be "one size fits all" and I need something a little smaller than that but not as small as a child's size hat.
Are there any hat stores anymore? I seem to remember those back in the 1950’s-1960’s

Old 07-07-2018, 01:28 PM

4,978 posts, read 5,770,618 times
I do not wear hats.

I hate the feeling of anything on my head.

Old 07-08-2018, 02:04 AM

82 posts, read 79,005 times
I wear them in the summer when I am on the beach or in the winter but really not too much

Old 07-08-2018, 07:05 AM

15,220 posts, read 10,318,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Are there any hat stores anymore? I seem to remember those back in the 1950’s-1960’s

I don't think so. The place with the largest selection of hats in my area is Dillards but around here black women still wear them to church so I guess that's why they still carry them. I rarely see a white woman in church with a hat anymore although years ago Catholic women weren't supposed to go to church with their hair uncovered. Going to a Catholic school we had Mass every Friday. If we forgot our little lace doily things for our hair we had to bobby pin a tissue on our heads.

Old 07-08-2018, 09:10 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,361,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMI View Post
Also you can add Alberta, Canada to the list.

Specifically southern Alberta, especially the Rocky Mountain foothills...ranching country.
TV show “Heartland” is set there and filmed there on location.

In fact the largest, oldest western rodeo is going on right now,
the Calgary Stampede....lots of cowboy hats, both on contestants and spectators.
Absolutely. The cowboy hat is part of a sub-culture that extends right through out three North American countries.

Old 07-08-2018, 01:08 PM

4,852 posts, read 3,648,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMartha View Post
Do you wear hats when out and about? What kinds of hats do you wear? I'm not talking so much about baseball caps or even floppy hats at the beach; more like fedoras or Panama hats and the like. I'd like to wear hats, but I rarely see any people wearing those kinds of hats in my area.
I am not a hat wearer for fashion. I have a great sun hat from Costco (man's hat) and a 25 year old baseball cap from Gap.

Old 07-08-2018, 01:27 PM

2,264 posts, read 1,485,114 times
My hats are purely utilitarian.

I keep my hair short - using a #2 clipper on my head about once/week - and see need protection from the cold in the winter and the sun in the summer. Also, my sun-shade hat occasionally serves in a light rain to keep my glasses dry.

Like most of my clothes, they're just tools of a sort.

Old 07-08-2018, 03:50 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,374,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
I don't think so. The place with the largest selection of hats in my area is Dillards but around here black women still wear them to church so I guess that's why they still carry them. I rarely see a white woman in church with a hat anymore although years ago Catholic women weren't supposed to go to church with their hair uncovered. Going to a Catholic school we had Mass every Friday. If we forgot our little lace doily things for our hair we had to bobby pin a tissue on our heads.
Thanks for posting this. I had forgotten that about my Catholic school education!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty