Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2018, 07:05 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,244,219 times

Advertisements

I've never been a dressed-to-the-nines kind of person in the first place, but I'm also not one to run a quick errand or go shopping without fixing myself up first, so maybe I'm sad. I will walk to the mailbox without doing anything, though. Maybe brush my hair.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2018, 08:37 PM

9,096 posts, read 6,317,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zengha View Post
Like the kind of women that wouldn't go out to get her mail without making sure she's all dressed up? Do you find it sad?
The first thought that enters my mind is high maintenance. I avoid high maintenance in all facets of life.

Old 07-16-2018, 08:44 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
I've never been a dressed-to-the-nines kind of person in the first place, but I'm also not one to run a quick errand or go shopping without fixing myself up first, so maybe I'm sad. I will walk to the mailbox without doing anything, though. Maybe brush my hair.
I don't brush my hair before the mailbox, but then again, there's not much difference before I brush my hair or after. I could brush my hair carefully, and then just sit and and it would start going boing, boing, and sticking out in gravity-defying directions of its own accord.

Old 07-16-2018, 09:05 PM

2,415 posts, read 4,246,575 times
Quote:
Like the kind of women that wouldn't go out to get her mail without making sure she's all dressed up? Do you find it sad?

Until I read this, I never even gave it a thought.

SS

Old 07-16-2018, 09:37 PM

1,149 posts, read 934,829 times
When you look better, you feel better and are usually perceived in a different way.

Old 07-16-2018, 09:46 PM

19 posts, read 11,955 times
I have friends in both camps. I have to admit that I've been in the sloppy camp before but now I'm more conscious of my appearance.

Personally, I really like to see people who dress well. It shows that they care about themselves and others. I particularly like to see women well dressed and made up. They look very pretty and are easy on the eyes. OTOH, there are those lucky ones who are naturally beautiful and would look great in sack cloth and ashes. Alas, they are rare...

My friends who care not for dressing up look unkept and unwashed. They are great people, lovely inside and quite good. Unfortunately, it doesn't show and you'd never know it because you'd not meet them... How you look affects how people perceive you. In reality your good grooming and appearance shows that you care about yourself *and* about those you come in contact with.

Old 07-17-2018, 01:16 AM

14,530 posts, read 20,124,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
To me it is more important to look fit and healthy, than to wear nice clothes and perfect makeup. Wearing a pair jeans and a fitted tank top is my thing..
For sure that is true, or I'm wasting my 3-4 days per week at my gym. You can have both.

Note that I am a man so at least I don't have to fuss with makeup. My current flame uses only lip gloss, she's happy she doesn't want or need makeup. I agree. I don't want a painted woman.

Old 07-17-2018, 05:06 AM

669 posts, read 582,407 times
Wish more people did dress up. So sick of seeing tatoos, piercings, rainbow colored hair, leggings, etc. slobs

Old 07-17-2018, 05:36 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,394,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz22 View Post
A woman who cares for her appearance usually has that pride spill over into her job. The lady I mentioned earlier looked awful and guess what, she is lousy at her job.
And I've seen completely made up women at their jobs who are complete ditzes.

Makeup does not make the woman.

In the last two weeks I have seen 4 professional women at their workplaces and all of them would have been better without the makeup. I don't know how they looked in the mirror and thought they looked good. Obviously they spent a lot of time on their faces...only to look clownish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielsa1775 View Post
Not sad if it's her choice, though not the sort of girl I would be attracted to either.

I wouldn't be friends with a woman who had to get decked out to go to the mailbox, the beach or the gym. I like more natural women as friends and have no patience waiting for the ones who primp.

Old 07-17-2018, 06:48 AM

3,010 posts, read 6,307,559 times
Quote:
I find it refreshing, actually
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty