Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2018, 02:13 AM

1,959 posts, read 3,102,534 times

Advertisements

No. I think that is great. Women who dress up, simply LIKE to dress up. Beats being one of those who goes into public wearing pajama bottoms and flip flops. It is all about dignity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2018, 03:57 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,614,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zengha View Post
Like the kind of women that wouldn't go out to get her mail without making sure she's all dressed up? Do you find it sad?
I’m not that type of woman, but I do notice when other women look nice so good for them.

Old 07-19-2018, 06:29 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,614,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I don’t wear it either. People seem to think I present well.

Can’t wait for the day makeup isn’t “required”to look presentable at work.
I wear makeup to work but a lot of my coworkers don’t. It doesn’t matter to me whether others wear it. I don’t wear a ton of makeup, but I wear just enough to make myself feel comfortable- not to impress anyone else. When I’m not going to work, I might just put on eyeliner, lipstick, and fill in my eyebrows because those things only take a few minutes but make a big difference. For work, I’ll wear that plus foundation. And on days that I want to look extra nice, I’ll add mascara. But that’s really all I wear. A little bit can go a long way.

Old 07-19-2018, 08:50 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I wear makeup to work but a lot of my coworkers don’t. It doesn’t matter to me whether others wear it. I don’t wear a ton of makeup, but I wear just enough to make myself feel comfortable- not to impress anyone else. When I’m not going to work, I might just put on eyeliner, lipstick, and fill in my eyebrows because those things only take a few minutes but make a big difference. For work, I’ll wear that plus foundation. And on days that I want to look extra nice, I’ll add mascara. But that’s really all I wear. A little bit can go a long way.
I almost never wear makeup. Sometimes I’ll put on some lipstick. For me it is probably twofold: my mom never wore makeup. She probably has a 30 year old tube of lipstick somewhere. Secondly, when I was at that prime experimentation age it was basically impossible to find makeupnfor my skin tone (foundation, powder, blush and even many lipsticks aren’t pigmented enough. That is somewhat better now). And if I went to a department store counter, the looks they gave me were garish. So I tried to just focus on skin care and make sure my skin was even and skip it all together. I never got into the habit period. Sure I have gone through phases of wearing mascara here and there. But never a full face - unless my skin wasn’t looking great.

Old 07-19-2018, 09:03 AM

5,401 posts, read 6,533,648 times
I enjoy seeing people looking good.

Old 07-20-2018, 05:57 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,294,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ylisa7 View Post
Yoga pants and sweat pants are both frumpy. Not everyone can pull off wearing yoga pants and even the ones who can leave nothing to the imagination.

So do both of these women look appealing?
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/472033604675446080/

and both of these?
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/427208714622248311/
What do you care?

Wow, people have far too much time on their hands. Go volunteer somewhere.

Old 07-20-2018, 06:26 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,397,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
What do you care?

Wow, people have far too much time on their hands. Go volunteer somewhere.
I don't. I was responding to another poster. And I do volunteer

Old 07-20-2018, 07:10 AM

3,881 posts, read 4,128,829 times
I generally won't leave the house without some makeup and at least jeans and a decent top but I sometimes wish I was a little more like the ones dressed to the 9's when I go out. I feel much more confident and sure when I am well put together. I'm sure there are varying reasons why some women do that but I admire them for it.

Old 07-20-2018, 10:13 AM

2,125 posts, read 1,398,023 times
That they feel better that way, for various reasons. People should feel good about the way they look, no matter what their style.

Old 07-20-2018, 12:35 PM

2,790 posts, read 1,644,793 times
I actually find it impressive and wish I could do that. I went on a cruise once and this woman was obviously very well dressed and well groomed. I admired her keen eye for fashion. All I was wearing was a T-shirt and jeans and felt dumpy.

I admired her because she knew what kind of clothes looked good, and she knew how to do her makeup. I've tried for years to dress better, but haven't succeeded yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty