Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2018, 07:22 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,022,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttark View Post
Sandals with socks has always been a major fashion faux pas, and I am a native-born Washingtaxian. It didn't even look good in the late 90s when it was still "popular".

Man buns and facial hair are out. Go buy a razor for christ's sake.

Speedos are a matter of personal preference. If you are comfortable and feel you look good in one, wear it. Who gives two ****s what prudish onlookers think? They're the ones with the bigger problem. Gloria thinks you're beautiful regardless.

The mullet never went out of style and in fact is coming back, big time.

Running tights (3/4 or full length, take your pick) with basketball shorts is super comfortable, low-maintenence and anybody can wear it.

Black (or even tan/coyote) leather combat boots go with everything and never go out of style. As long as they're REAL combat boots (for example, this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01D51TE84), not these crap hipster "fashion boots" that call themselves that.

I await your flames and upvotes with rude comments.

Actually, you're one, of a handful that understood the original premise. Post an unpopular opinion. Congrats. You did it. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2018, 07:47 AM

88,562 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschrief View Post
That overweight women should not wear spandex leggings with tops that do not cover their butts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
I don't think that's an unpopular fashion opinion.
Ha, no, I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who thinks the other way!

Old 08-15-2018, 09:01 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,186,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by singaporelady View Post
So many pple think woman over 40 is not suited for long hair ?
Oh heck yes.

Old 08-15-2018, 09:48 AM

193 posts, read 147,757 times
Leggings should never be worn by anyone.

Old 08-15-2018, 01:33 PM

88,562 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by singaporelady View Post
So many pple think woman over 40 is not suited for long hair ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Oh heck yes.
Too bad.

I am 60. I am six feet tall. I look off-balance and stupid with short hair.

Old 08-15-2018, 03:21 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,022,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Too bad.

I am 60. I am six feet tall. I look off-balance and stupid with short hair.

I'm 61, and my hair is currently past my shoulders.

I kind of LIKE having hair to swish around, and I like to feel it on my shoulders and arms, when I wear sleeveless clothes.

Old 08-16-2018, 09:19 AM

2,605 posts, read 2,710,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desperatedogadvice View Post
Leggings should never be worn by anyone.
I made this mistake recently. A while back I purchased a black legging pant from Khols. The material felt like heavy legging but waist was like normal pant. I loved the pant & it looked good because it was black. I started wearing it as normal pant and had no problem. It was a thicker stretchy material.

This gave me confidence that next time when I saw a nice eggplant color legging pant, I purchased it. I worn it like pants and then I looked at my picture. And it looked horrible. It was not the same material, I guess it was bit thinner and being non black it was very visual. It was Ponte Pant, so should have been ok but maybe not in that color. I worn it 3 times already and god knows how awful I looked. I only saw a full body picture recently. So now I know I have to wear it with tunic/dress or long top

I hate how mirror just isn't enough for me to figure out if something looks good or bad. I need to see candid picture of me to really get how I look

Last edited by keraT; 08-16-2018 at 09:31 AM..

Old 08-16-2018, 09:41 AM

3,677 posts, read 2,560,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschrief View Post
That overweight women should not wear spandex leggings with tops that do not cover their butts.
Amen and hallelujah. So currently the big trend is to wear work out clothes EVERY WHERE. Next you can tell that they are not purchasing even well made versions. the material is super thin, leaving nothing to the imagination.

Old 09-20-2018, 03:34 PM

76 posts, read 127,695 times
Leggings are not pants!

Old 10-07-2018, 12:24 PM

1,850 posts, read 1,138,158 times
[quote=Frostnip;52558654]My unpopular opinions:
No one looks good in skinny jeans. (People who look good-ish in skinny jeans would look better in something else.) The tighter at the ankles, the worse.

Are you saying that ex-president Obama looked bad too?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty