Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2018, 08:18 AM

3,465 posts, read 4,839,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiecta View Post
The issue here is not an issue of class. However, we certainly do have shallower social circles.
I am fine with that. I wouldn't be caught out in public with someone with pink hair or a guy wearing makeup. I don't care if you would or would not either. I can choose to socialize with whomever I like, just as you can.

Someone made a comment about how someone that fits the description of the types being discussed here would probably be happy not to have to socialize with shallow people like me. That may very well be the reason why we do not have any in our circle. They most likely would feel out of place just like I would if I found myself standing with a group of guys wearing makeup with wives with pink hair. It just simply isn't my thing and I couldn't give two ****s less if you want to judge me and say that I judge others.

Old 07-31-2018, 05:34 PM

6,895 posts, read 5,862,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dijkstra View Post
The meth and heroin addicts around here often have kool-aid colored hair. That is where I get the association from.
How would you know, if you never interact with people with colored hair?

Old 08-01-2018, 11:30 AM

3,465 posts, read 4,839,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostnip View Post
How would you know, if you never interact with people with colored hair?
Ummm, I don't have to associate with them to see their hair color. Damn what a stupid question.

Old 08-01-2018, 11:36 AM

4,232 posts, read 6,909,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dijkstra View Post
Ummm, I don't have to associate with them to see their hair color. Damn what a stupid question.
I believe that user's comment was, quite clearly, asking you: how do you know enough heroin and meth addicts to make the conclusion that they often have colored hair or know enough to conclusively say having colored hair is a good indicator that someone is a meth or heroine addict when you've admitted that you aren't ever around these people? At best, by your own admissions, it would appear you have way too limited exposure to make any sort of informed opinion about the personal lives of those who choose to dye their hair.

PS in case you are not aware, since the 90s, the statistical heroine user is affluent and suburban, the majority of them being women, and 90% of them being white. Statistically speaking, it's much more likely that any affluent, white people you know are heroin users than some urban barista with pink hair.

Last edited by Sunbather; 08-01-2018 at 11:45 AM..

Old 08-01-2018, 02:27 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,481,027 times
LOL!
Well I have a large bicep tat, helix piercings, a nose ring AND I was a platinum blonde for a year. The only reason why I'm not dyeing my hair now is because I'm giving it a "rest" after all the bleach. but once it's healthy enough I'm going to honey brown, and why not.

at my office (law firm) there are several of us who rock tats and we're far from being homeless or meth addicts...

i don't cover mine up, if it's showing it's showing...

Old 08-01-2018, 03:54 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,687,736 times
I wonder what percentage of women wear makeup? I know a pianist who put on makeup for a concert performance, and complained that she felt like a transvestite. I know several women who don't wear makeup, including my wife and her best friend. It's not an issue.

Old 08-01-2018, 06:09 PM

16,421 posts, read 12,510,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
I wonder what percentage of women wear makeup? I know a pianist who put on makeup for a concert performance, and complained that she felt like a transvestite. I know several women who don't wear makeup, including my wife and her best friend. It's not an issue.

Well the US color cosmetics industry is expected to exceed $12B in 2018, so I'd say that's a fair amount of women.

Old 08-02-2018, 12:16 AM

7,448 posts, read 7,588,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
I think guys use products designed to slow aging more so than cosmetics. Even fifty years ago, men were sneaking into their wives' vanities for a dab of Pond's cold cream, but make-up, like foundation and mascara? No, I don't think that's common. Hair products, on the other hand, I think they do use, but they don't necessarily like to admit to it.
I can assure you I have never used any of my wife's makeup products. Same with her hair products and anything else in the bathroom that belongs to her.

Old 08-02-2018, 08:03 AM

44,359 posts, read 20,063,008 times
I started to clean up this thread and deleted several off-topic and inappropriate posts, but decided it's not worth salvaging at this point. Folks, the opening post asked about the percentage of men who wear makeup. It's not about dyed hair, nor tattoos, nor piercings. The thread has been hijacked repeatedly with off-topic posts. Since you all can't seem to stay on topic, the thread is now closed.

Please read, or re-read the F&B forum rules set forth in the Sticky thread. The topic of tattoos is off-limits due to the numerous threads which rapidly turned into flame wars over the topic.
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty