Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2018, 10:06 PM

4,248 posts, read 4,129,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily003 View Post
I think men also like hair down too right?

Definitely! Long hair worn down or in a high ponytail are my favorites.

I dislike buns, and I also dislike bobs on most women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2018, 10:23 PM

11,095 posts, read 7,837,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyewackette View Post
Don't know. Don't care. I wear my hair to please myself (ditto clothes, and really, EVERYTHING else).

If some man - or woman, for that matter, or somebody's dog - doesn't like it, he/she/it can stuff it.
As do I, but I know my b/f likes me to wear it up so I put it up for him. He's never asked me to put it up, he just likes it when I do.

Old 07-30-2018, 09:36 AM

804 posts, read 537,934 times
1. When you wear your hair like an onion. Educated people know you are trying to grow your hair out. Same reason why you see men with their hair in the same bun position. Men growing their hair out are not being told or trained how to grow their hair out. To older men it looks feminine and girlish. Because older men cut their hair the first sign of grey and has been like that for years.

2. A pony tail is a standard mans hairstyle. Yes a girl with that hair sorta looks like a man. However it is norm to see women with that poor hair maintenance and it looks like a man. In order for a girl to have a pony tail it should have a bounce. Not look like a police officer woman with a warrior woman pony tail. Or even braided pony tail ( I mean that looks attractive ).

So in sort

Bun, ponytail ( low in one with or without braid ) all are mens hair styles.

3. Also for some women who have curly hair. They put their hair up in one like an onion. This is not an Afro. I know some women from the western shores where they have rarely or never seen curly hair at all. This is not an afro. Afro is just one big ball.

Some women hair looks like men. Especially to men who have grown out their own hair. You want your hair to be a fetish then avoid that.

Men are attracted to that natural curly hair that is thick. Again natural and not style or augmented. Like many girls in college recently I have been seeing holds that hair style.

Old 07-30-2018, 06:43 PM

3,125 posts, read 2,997,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanArt View Post
Men are attracted to that natural curly hair that is thick. Again natural and not style or augmented. Like many girls in college recently I have been seeing holds that hair style.
All men like thick, curly hair?

Old 07-30-2018, 06:47 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,337,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanArt View Post
1. When you wear your hair like an onion. Educated people know you are trying to grow your hair out. Same reason why you see men with their hair in the same bun position. Men growing their hair out are not being told or trained how to grow their hair out. To older men it looks feminine and girlish. Because older men cut their hair the first sign of grey and has been like that for years.

2. A pony tail is a standard mans hairstyle. Yes a girl with that hair sorta looks like a man. However it is norm to see women with that poor hair maintenance and it looks like a man. In order for a girl to have a pony tail it should have a bounce. Not look like a police officer woman with a warrior woman pony tail. Or even braided pony tail ( I mean that looks attractive ).

So in sort

Bun, ponytail ( low in one with or without braid ) all are mens hair styles.

3. Also for some women who have curly hair. They put their hair up in one like an onion. This is not an Afro. I know some women from the western shores where they have rarely or never seen curly hair at all. This is not an afro. Afro is just one big ball.

Some women hair looks like men. Especially to men who have grown out their own hair. You want your hair to be a fetish then avoid that.

Huh?

Old 07-31-2018, 12:31 AM

6,602 posts, read 4,813,255 times
A tight bun on the top of the head looks stupid. Twin buns look ridiculous. If the bun is the first thing noticed, the hair style is a failure.

Old 07-31-2018, 12:41 AM

3,125 posts, read 2,997,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Huh?
That guy is super serious about his opinions about female hairstyles.

Old 07-31-2018, 03:24 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,773,937 times
I love a woman with a bun.

Especially if she wears a bonnet.

And wants to come live in the desert with me and my other six wives.

Old 08-02-2018, 05:32 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,586,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkmax View Post
Yeah...guys complain that their girlfriends and wives take too long getting ready.

Until they start actually hurrying it up...next thing ya know, those same guys are complaining about how their wives "let themselves go" and are ogling at the women who DIDN'T hurry up in getting ready.

The wives notice this and try to put more time and money into their appearance again, and once again, the man starts complaining...
I don't complain about my GF getting ready anymore, I know it's going to take her a while if she's getting all dolled up, as she says. Here's the thing, though, I did complain early on because she was young and I simply am a guy, I'm efficient, I notice problems and try to solve them. I would literally be in the bathroom a few times watching her get ready, maybe not the entire time, but part of it.

I started noticing a trend, which is that in the morning she would move at SLOW MOTION speed, just staring off into the distance, absent-mindedly taking absolutely forever. I said if you want to wake up earlier every day just to take forever, be my guest, but even 15 minutes per day is 2 hours per week almost is 100 hours per year. You are wasting 100 hours per year doing absolutely nothing. Literally nothing. If that's how you choose to spend your time, don't be so surprised when I've read all of these journal articles or news stories that you wonder how I know so much, when you're never able to find the time. Time is a valuable commodity and you should spend it wisely.

I would sometimes jokingly say, "Like right now, what are you doing?" "Huh? Oh..." Just zoning out. Finally after a bit, she started realizing she really does just waste insane amounts of time doing nothing in particular. Meanwhile, I'm ready to go anywhere in 8-10 minutes, and that's if I have to shave and shower and shampoo my hair. She eventually cut her usual getting ready process to between 30-40 minutes, and sure, it's still a lot longer than I take, but she has more to do and it does make sense. She actually knows how long each part of the process should take, and now we laugh about how she somehow managed to waste so much time before with no better results. I think what ended up happening a lot is that she's not a morning person, so when forced to get up earlier, she just moved too slowly, and wasn't aware of it.

Neither of us pretty much ever get up in the morning unless forced, so it does speed things along when we're actually awake.

Old 08-02-2018, 06:40 AM

20,549 posts, read 30,278,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post
Definitely! Long hair worn down or in a high ponytail are my favorites.

I dislike buns, and I also dislike bobs on most women.

You sound just like my husband.

Wear your hair however you want. I can't say anything as I have a frizzy mess right now and usually just grab a huge clip and put it up because of the heat
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty