Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2018, 04:20 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,859,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohyellowbug View Post
Thank you! I did buy two different shoes today. One is glitter light gold. They are listed as “champagne” and the other is a metallic gold. Nether of which match the clutch I bought haha. I rarely get dress shoes and didn’t realize how expensive they were and I only plan to wear them once. I gotta decide between them now.

Or the other option is to use my little black heels I have that are comfy.
Save your money, and use your comfy black heels. That would look elegant, too. An understated elegance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2018, 04:21 PM

560 posts, read 452,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Yes, rose gold.

And btw, I want that dress! . Maroon (& related colors) has always been one of my faves.

Thanks! I actually got it at Burlington for like 40 bucks.. It’s a Calvin Klein dress that I saw online at Macy and didn’t want to spend 89 bucks on.

Old 08-04-2018, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily003 View Post
Nude, black.
Thank you! After going to DSW and Marshall’s I realized how expensive shoes were and might just stick with my comfy black ones I already own so I can use the money elsewhere for the wedding.

Old 08-04-2018, 05:30 PM

5,577 posts, read 6,504,647 times
Wise decision! You work too hard for your money to blow it on a one time use purchase. Your dress will be the show-stopper now.

Have a good time!

Old 08-04-2018, 07:59 PM

10,225 posts, read 7,580,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohyellowbug View Post

What color shoes would you wear with this for a fall wedding? I’ve been to DSW a few times and I really like the gold sparkly heels they have, but I have no fashion sense. So any advice on a shoe color would be great.

Thanks!
I'm confused because that's not a fall dress. That's a summer dress. I think the shoes with it look good, or maybe beige, to be more conservative. Gold may be a little flashy...it depends on the kind of wedding and what others will be wearing.

If it were for fall, it would be aubergine with sleeves. I might consider gray heels with purse. I like black, but for a wedding, black heels might be too strong a color, unless they're strappy.

Some people get shoes dyed to match, but that costs.

Look at pics of Meghan Markle's wedding and see what guests with different colored dressing did with shoe color.

Old 08-04-2018, 08:39 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 5 days ago)

35,623 posts, read 17,953,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
I'm confused because that's not a fall dress. That's a summer dress. I think the shoes with it look good, or maybe beige, to be more conservative. Gold may be a little flashy...it depends on the kind of wedding and what others will be wearing.

If it were for fall, it would be aubergine with sleeves. I might consider gray heels with purse. I like black, but for a wedding, black heels might be too strong a color, unless they're strappy.

Look at pics of Meghan Markle's wedding and see what guests with different colored dressing did with shoe color.
It might depend on where you live. In the south, that's a Fall dress, OR a Summer dress. You could wear it to a winter wedding actually with a little matching sweater thing.

I was shopping for dresses just today, and that was what they were putting out in Dillards and Macy's in their fall collection. Because it's 101 degrees here.

Old 08-04-2018, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post

It can be warm here in the fall. It is normally not that cold at the end of October where I live. I say mid to low 60s. We've had a few 50 degree days. Sleeves are more for late fall/early winter because if the church doesn't have AC like the last one it might be way to warm.

I didn't want to wait till September/October to buy a dress because I might not find anything. I thought it was a good fall color and it was right in the price point I wanted to spend.

They aren't strappy because I can't wear certain kinds of heels due to past foot surgeries. They are just plain black ones with nice memory foam on the inside.

Old 08-04-2018, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
It might depend on where you live. In the south, that's a Fall dress, OR a Summer dress. You could wear it to a winter wedding actually with a little matching sweater thing.

I was shopping for dresses just today, and that was what they were putting out in Dillards and Macy's in their fall collection. Because it's 101 degrees here.
I really just liked it for the color. It reminded me of fall. I think yellows, blues and brighter colors for summer/spring. I knew I had something to cover my shoulders if I got too cold.

I did see it in Macy not too long ago when I was there. It was just too expensive there.

Geeez that is hot.

Old 08-04-2018, 09:38 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,202,259 times
I think sleeveless for an evening wedding is fine, no matter the season. But esp. if you are going to wear black shoes, it might be good to get a black shrug in case it does turn out to be a chillier day rather than a hotter one.

Not that rose gold shoes wouldn't look lovely of course, or gunmetal would be a nice option too. But unless you think you'd get more wear out of them, it probably is the wiser choice not to buy a pair of new shoes.

Old 08-04-2018, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
I think sleeveless for an evening wedding is fine, no matter the season. But esp. if you are going to wear black shoes, it might be good to get a black shrug in case it does turn out to be a chillier day rather than a hotter one.

Not that rose gold shoes wouldn't look lovely of course, or gunmetal would be a nice option too. But unless you think you'd get more wear out of them, it probably is the wiser choice not to buy a pair of new shoes.
I do have a black shawl/scarf/shrug from the summer wedding I went too which I’m glad I had because the reception venue blasted the AC. I got it st Kohl’s on sale for like 3 bucks and I was glad I invested haha. I don’t wear heels or dressy shoes that often so I think it is best to just use the black shoes I already own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty