Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2018, 07:05 AM

4,977 posts, read 5,247,879 times

Advertisements

You're going to need to take this over the top to make it believable.

Amazon sells fairy wings for adults or you can make your own. You also need pink socks or tights. Fairies need fancy hair so you're going to have to do something there like a wig, pink hair spray or glitter or something... or a big pink hat like a top hat or something.

A pink polo and pink shorts are too bland by themselves. You need a tutu as mentioned above or a shiny/glittery pink over the top vest or something to make the costume stand out.

You need makeup or something on your face. You can't just be human colored. You need fantasy eyes drawn on or something to make yourself look more magical.

A regular dollar store wand isn't big enough. If you use a $ store star tip, you probably could attach it to a much longer dowel rod that you've appropriately painted or glittered. Alternatively, you could get a curtain rod or wooden broom stick and add some sort of ball or disco ball from the end and attach some curly ribbon or streamers for the full effect.

If you're going to do this costume, you have to do it all the way or it doesn't look right.

Last edited by Sarahsez; 08-18-2018 at 07:32 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2018, 07:24 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,900,597 times
I agree this doesn't sound much like a recognizable costume.

People who know you, who know you wear pink all the time: "Why is he carrying a wand?"

People who don't know you: "Why is that pink dude carrying a wand?"

Old 08-18-2018, 09:07 AM

3,286 posts, read 1,793,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
I actually have pink socks FYI. Don't have white sneakers though.

As for wings, I just can't find any in my size.
What do you mean, in your size?
Are you not aware that size matters? THE BIGGER THE BETTER , laddie!

Old 08-18-2018, 02:36 PM

45,113 posts, read 60,202,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefmonkey View Post
The simplest Halloween outfit is the white sheet with holes cut out for eyes. You could use a pink sheet, and/or jazz it up by decorating it with glow in the dark fabric paint.
You have to be careful with that whole "white sheet" thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
Halloween season is approaching, and I was thinking about my simple Halloween outfit. Typically, I wear a Fairy Tale pink interlock polo shirt and wave around a pink glow wand from Dollar Tree, creating a simple male fairy outfit (although I don't have fairy wings to go with it).

This year I bought myself some pink Oxford shorts, and I was thinking, should I pair them with my pink interlock polo shirt for my simple male fairy outfit, or is that too much pink? I am just thinking what will be people's reaction when they see me entirely dressed in pink with a pink fairy glow wand.
Pink Power Ranger?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty