Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2018, 06:22 PM

3,179 posts, read 2,128,610 times

Advertisements

OP, if you really want to surprise your wife, why not mention that you passed a woman who smelled like flowers or citrus or woods and that you really liked the scent? If she says something positive about the flower scent for instance, then off you go to a good perfume counter and enlist the help of a professional to find some nice floral scents. And bring samples along with the gift for a possible return. I can understand how taking her along to a perfume counter would spoil the surprise.

The problem is there are so many good perfumes. I have Chanel No 5 and never wear it. It’s too heavy and spicy and although I like flowers, Viktor & Rolf, Flowerbomb is too cloying. I prefer light daytime scents, although some ladies prefer heavier evening scents. Tom Ford perfume is expensive, but some of his scents are more unisex, and I don’t find them appealing. As stated, perfume reacts with your chemistry and smells different on everyone. Euphoria is the perfume that people always ask what I’m wearing.

This is an interesting thread and I’m going to try a new fragrance or two. Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2018, 09:23 PM

3,657 posts, read 3,287,433 times
A fragrance-free environment is best. Take her out for a nice dinner instead.

Old 08-22-2018, 06:41 AM

11,113 posts, read 19,539,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz22 View Post
OP, if you really want to surprise your wife, why not mention that you passed a woman who smelled like flowers or citrus or woods and that you really liked the scent? If she says something positive about the flower scent for instance, then off you go to a good perfume counter and enlist the help of a professional to find some nice floral scents. And bring samples along with the gift for a possible return. I can understand how taking her along to a perfume counter would spoil the surprise.

The problem is there are so many good perfumes. I have Chanel No 5 and never wear it. It’s too heavy and spicy and although I like flowers, Viktor & Rolf, Flowerbomb is too cloying. I prefer light daytime scents, although some ladies prefer heavier evening scents. Tom Ford perfume is expensive, but some of his scents are more unisex, and I don’t find them appealing. As stated, perfume reacts with your chemistry and smells different on everyone. Euphoria is the perfume that people always ask what I’m wearing.

This is an interesting thread and I’m going to try a new fragrance or two. Good luck!

OMG …. no. !

(Give her a gift card to a nice store and take her to dinner at her favorite place.)

Old 08-24-2018, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
OMG …. no. !

(Give her a gift card to a nice store and take her to dinner at her favorite place.)

Sorry QuilterChick, some of us like scents! How about a nice perfume, then dinner out?

Old 08-24-2018, 04:26 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,822,859 times
Opium body lotion, and Burberry Classic.

Someone mentioned Jo Malone, and her fragrances are unique. One of the first of hers I tried, and liked, was Basil & Lime.

Old 08-24-2018, 04:52 PM

5,266 posts, read 8,742,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz22 View Post
Sorry QuilterChick, some of us like scents! How about a nice perfume, then dinner out?
I got the feeling that Quilterchick was responding to a guy telling his wife that another woman smelled good. Since that was highlighted.

Old 08-24-2018, 05:37 PM

2,020 posts, read 1,123,579 times
My favorite is Frederic Malle "Iris Poudre." Very understated and elegant. I love it. Most perfumes give me a headache.

Old 08-24-2018, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyriver View Post
I got the feeling that Quilterchick was responding to a guy telling his wife that another woman smelled good. Since that was highlighted.
You mean someone would get jealous for that?

Old 08-25-2018, 03:25 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,866,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
Any of the Creed or Tom Ford fragrances are really good.
I like a lot of Tom Ford fragrances, but when I put them on they do not feel like me.

Old 08-25-2018, 03:30 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,866,909 times
I was fun to re-read my original thoughts in this post. I still like the same elements but I have also branches out.

Currently I am loving Bal D’Afrique by Byredo. And a very Light Blue like scent from Atelier Cologne called Cedre Atlas that smells really cool on me.

I did a perfume class recently and made my own scents that are so close. I am tempted to invest in the tools to make my own scent. The best blend from my class was quite similar to what I described previously in this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty