Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2018, 08:16 PM

4,985 posts, read 3,966,169 times

Advertisements

what was old is new again: Chuck Taylors were "it" back in the white soles day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2018, 10:30 PM

9,446 posts, read 6,578,668 times
They're for people A LOT younger than I am and fad for THEM. They're intended to be something fun for them to wear so I'm OK with them. I imagine a few older entertainers could get away with it too in the right situation.

Old 08-29-2018, 04:12 AM

1,096 posts, read 1,047,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
It depends on the shoe and purpose.

I have these in grey and I love the way the white dresses down the shoe.

https://www.everlane.com/products/wo...reet-shoe-grey
Crazy website. They wanted me to cough up my email address before I even saw their product.

**** that.

Old 08-29-2018, 07:24 AM

2,575 posts, read 2,077,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApePeeD View Post
Crazy website. They wanted me to cough up my email address before I even saw their product.

**** that.

I didn't enter mine. I hit the X and it still let me see the shoes..

Old 08-29-2018, 09:58 AM

257 posts, read 177,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by selhars View Post
A first world problem to be sure....
...but I just canNOT get into colored shoes with white soles. They're a total turn off (in my opinion).

Black shoes with white soles?...why would I want shoes that are made to show off how dirty shoes can be?
White soles are just another think to try to have to keep clean. (As if I need an additional thing to clean?)

I've seen some cute shoes...and thought "the white sole ruins it. Why does it have to have a white sole?"
I much prefer dark shoes with the normal, usual, black or brown soles.

Racist, trying to keep black and white apart.

Just kidding.

Contrasting shoes can look very nice, and there are several classic, time-proven shoe styles that are characterized by their contrasting patterns. Spectator shoes. Black and white saddle shoes. The classic deck shoe, the Sperry Topsider, its original and most iconic pattern is a dark brown upper with white rubber sole. It's the last week before Labor Day, so my last week to wear my white bucks - white suede oxford cut uppers with the classic brick red soles. Come next Tuesday, I'll only be able to wear my dirty bucks - tan suede oxford cut uppers with the classic brick red soles.

Old 08-29-2018, 10:01 AM

257 posts, read 177,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferraris View Post
I like them when brand new, but after a few weeks it looks pretty bad because it's nearly impossible to keep them looking fresh.

If the soles are white rubber, try taking a white eraser (available at an art supply store) to them.

Old 09-04-2018, 07:45 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,161,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApePeeD View Post

**** that.
I know! There are several sites that require email before you can have a look. I don’t proceed in that case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty