Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2018, 09:19 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,124,163 times

Advertisements

I think it's more likely that it doesn't matter what country, they're all scrambled up now.

i try on most button-up shirts. I buy all else based on trying it on at home and keeping the receipt and returning it soon if it doesn't fit. So far that has worked for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2018, 09:41 PM

7,327 posts, read 12,338,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
I think it's more likely that it doesn't matter what country, they're all scrambled up now.

i try on most button-up shirts. I buy all else based on trying it on at home and keeping the receipt and returning it soon if it doesn't fit. So far that has worked for me.
I don't have too much of a comparison for button-downs, since almost all of mine are made in Bangladesh. I think I only remember one made in China and one made in Mauritius.

Old 09-05-2018, 02:04 PM

20 posts, read 59,939 times
I appreciate all your replies to my post.

Yes, I'm very aware of the problems with the textile industry. It's a nightmare!

T-shirt size has never been a problem for me until recently. Just lucky, I guess. The
last batch of t-shirts I purchased fit perfectly. Paying more for quality is not a problem,
if I can find t-shirts that fit. As you all know, paying more for shirts, pants, jackets, etc.,
does not guarantee high quality.

My local mall is closed. Hundreds of shopping centers are dying or dead. It's hard to believe,
but Walmart is slowly going out of business. If you're not aware, google about Walmart's
problems. About one hour from my home is a mall that was world famous many years ago.
It was loaded with high end stores. It's dying too.

Shopping online is replacing everything. In my community, there a very few retail stores that
sell decent clothing. Amazon is about to be the first one trillion dollar company listed on the
stock exchange. They are delivering some parcels by drone!

Like most men, I dislike shopping. All I can do is keep searching for t-shirts that fit.

Old 09-05-2018, 02:09 PM

7,327 posts, read 12,338,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomanyturns View Post
I appreciate all your replies to my post.

Yes, I'm very aware of the problems with the textile industry. It's a nightmare!

T-shirt size has never been a problem for me until recently. Just lucky, I guess. The
last batch of t-shirts I purchased fit perfectly. Paying more for quality is not a problem,
if I can find t-shirts that fit. As you all know, paying more for shirts, pants, jackets, etc.,
does not guarantee high quality.

My local mall is closed. Hundreds of shopping centers are dying or dead. It's hard to believe,
but Walmart is slowly going out of business. If you're not aware, google about Walmart's
problems. About one hour from my home is a mall that was world famous many years ago.

Shopping online is replacing everything. In my community, there a very few retail stores that
sell decent clothing. Amazon is about to be the first one trillion dollar company listed on the
stock exchange. They are delivering some parcels by drone!

Like most men, I dislike shopping. All I can do is keep searching for t-shirts that fit.
I lately have been buying more of my favorite shirts from Amazon and less from JCPenney and Kohl's, unless the latter two have better deals. Typically I can't find my favorite styles in-store locally, and the shipping costs of JCPenney and Kohl's make it not worthwhile to choose them over Amazon. Occasionally I will do ship to store with JCPenney, but that is a major inconvenience.

Old 09-05-2018, 02:24 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,124,163 times
Quote:
My local mall is closed. Hundreds of shopping centers are dying or dead. It's hard to believe, but Walmart is slowly going out of business. If you're not aware, google about Walmart's problems. About one hour from my home is a mall that was world famous many years ago.
That's terrible! With so much of America thriving I can't imagine an area like that. I have a Walmart a short distance away and it's a great source for low quality items. (Sometimes I go cheap. For some things cheap works fine.) My own Walmart is thriving.

Quote:
Shopping online is replacing everything. In my community, there a very few retail stores that sell decent clothing. Amazon is about to be the first one trillion dollar company listed on the stock exchange. They are delivering some parcels by drone!
I own some AMZN stock. I'm thrilled! However I'm pretty sure the drone thing was just a provocative publicity piece, that it might be possible in the future. — I can't say that I'm impressed by Walmart at all. If Walmart doesn't have it in their local store I'm not interested. That's part of Amazon's value. It's all set up, all I have to do is click a few buttons and it's here in 2 days. It's not worth buying anything from online Walmart unless Amazon doesn't carry it. The other online retailers are just more accounts to keep track of, or just do it all at Amazon. I'll even pay more rather than do a guest checkout at another online site.

BTW I recently saw how much I've spent on Amazon Prime. I sure hope that number is wrong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
I lately have been buying more of my favorite shirts from Amazon and less from JCPenney and Kohl's, unless the latter two have better deals. Typically I can't find my favorite styles in-store locally, and the shipping costs of JCPenney and Kohl's make it not worthwhile to choose them over Amazon. Occasionally I will do ship to store with JCPenney, but that is a major inconvenience.
I have all of them and a good local mall within 15 minutes drive. That's why I moved back from small town Santa Fe to big city LA. I wanted all the shopping and dinning and entertainment a big city has.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty