Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2018, 01:26 PM

2,525 posts, read 3,080,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
All I can tell you is that we went to Maine in September a couple of years ago, and the SUMMER clothes that were on clearance were things like light jackets, hoodies, etc. I racked up, because those are winter clothes here.

I was all excited about going to LL Bean but when we got there, everything was so incredibly heavy that I couldn't imagine wearing it in Texas, so I didn't even buy a pair of socks there. Bummer.
I envy you, going to Bean! The clothes you describe are what I would call Michigan Standard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2018, 05:47 PM

67,652 posts, read 60,572,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenstyle View Post
I envy you, going to Bean! The clothes you describe are what I would call Michigan Standard.
Right - but they weren't Texas Standard that's for sure. I couldn't imagine wearing any of it here! Dang it.

Old 09-14-2018, 06:31 PM

550 posts, read 635,836 times
In Las Vegas, our kids go back to school 2nd week of August, when it's boiling. It usually doesn't start to feel un-summer-like til mid to late October. I go to websites like LL Bean and Land's End to snag all of the summer stuff they are marking down and that becomes the starting point if my kids back to school gear. And I love that I can get it for a song!

Old 09-14-2018, 07:20 PM

4,850 posts, read 3,626,344 times
I typically wear only black/white/denim/tan.

When it gets a little cool, I put on a puffy vest or a turtleneck, really cold I might weight tights.

Old 09-16-2018, 01:03 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,053,397 times
Here in South Florida my wardrobe doesn't change really. I may wear a few long sleeve shirts I don't wear in the summer.

Some brands like Free People don't show any winter clothes here.

Like this Free People jumpsuit. It comes in seven colors.
https://www.freepeople.com/shop/rose..._term=40597916

Other stores just show clothes in fall colors, very little to no wool, light weight jackets.

My cold weather gear consists of a pair of Uggs, leggings, and a couple of hoodies.

Old 09-16-2018, 04:09 PM

7,320 posts, read 12,273,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
Here in South Florida my wardrobe doesn't change really. I may wear a few long sleeve shirts I don't wear in the summer.

Some brands like Free People don't show any winter clothes here.

Like this Free People jumpsuit. It comes in seven colors.
https://www.freepeople.com/shop/rose..._term=40597916

Other stores just show clothes in fall colors, very little to no wool, light weight jackets.

My cold weather gear consists of a pair of Uggs, leggings, and a couple of hoodies.
It seems here in the Phoenix area that Kohl's generally displays IZOD's Fall fleeces and jackets, while the only IZOD Fall products that JCPenney generally sells locally are the Fall-colored polos and button-downs. JCPenney seems to be more localized with inventory than Kohl's.

EDIT: Speaking of localization of products, one of my favorite shirts from Spring 2017, the IZOD Newport Oxford Pelican Print shirt in Fairy Tale, wasn't stocked locally here in Phoenix (I had to buy it online). I wouldn't be surprised during the time it was available that it was more widely stocked in places like Florida or Puerto Rico.

Last edited by Pink Jazz; 09-16-2018 at 05:08 PM..

Old 11-11-2018, 07:42 PM

Just based on experiences today, I went to the mall today, and Dillard's was full of fall/winter clothes. Even the Polo Ralph Lauren section was mostly fall/winter clothing.

Old 11-11-2018, 07:53 PM

12,704 posts, read 14,872,891 times
I'm in SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA where it's still 89/90 degrees for a tad bit in November. Stores around here have sweaters and coats, etc., but nothing for blizzards or anything.

I love sweaters personally, but it's just not cold enough to really wear them hardly...especially these last couple of falls & winters. I have about 10 sweaters I bought last fall that I still haven't worn yet sadly, but I hope to. I'm also not out a lot at night, so if I was more often, I'm sure I would have worn a few more sweaters by now. I also don't get cold that easily, that's just how my body is.

Old 11-11-2018, 08:01 PM

67,652 posts, read 60,572,966 times
Well, we're enjoying the first cold snap of the year here in NE Texas. Temps should continue to drop till they reach the twenties later in the week at night and only 40s during the day. It's been about 50 degrees here tops the last few days and very chilly at night - just above freezing.

That's winter time around here.

So yesterday I wore a cute jacket over my slim cut jeans, tall boots, and a beret. I have several berets and lots of scarves and they will probably outlive me because I get to wear them for only a few weeks each year. This winter is supposed to be colder and wetter than normal and so far fall has been, so maybe I'll get a bit more wear out of them all.

I wear my boots whether it's 60 degrees or 20 degrees because I just love them though!

Old 11-11-2018, 08:02 PM

Also, regional divisions of stores might come into play on the difference in stock between Arizona vs. Florida. With many department stores, Phoenix is under the same regional division as many cold climate cities due to the differences in elevation in the western United States. Florida and the Southeastern United States mostly does not have that issue and is pretty much consistently warm throughout. Macy's even had its own regional division dedicated to Florida and Puerto Rico, while Arizona was under the same division as colder states such as Colorado and Utah.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty