U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-23-2018, 04:43 AM
 
2 posts, read 970 times
Reputation: 10

Advertisements

What should I consider to choose a wedding lipstick?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-23-2018, 11:19 AM
 
Location: Oakland, CA
27,357 posts, read 30,368,577 times
Reputation: 26956
Something long wearing. Maybe even a stain. And secure packaging so you can keep it handy and reapply.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2018, 12:17 PM
 
Location: Nantahala National Forest, NC
27,091 posts, read 6,496,560 times
Reputation: 30347
Lipstick that flatters your skin tone.

Plus, there are now matte shades on the market that stay on all day. Matte means no shine at all,just a flat red for example. I bought a cheap one at Dollar General and it's great.

Probably made in China with who knows what ingredients, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2018, 12:38 PM
 
Location: Wisconsin
17,892 posts, read 18,238,671 times
Reputation: 44283
If desired, take photographs wearing your wedding make-up, with similar lighting to events/places on your wedding day. Something that may look great in person may look too dark or too shiny or too unnatural in photographs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2018, 06:02 PM
 
Location: So Cal
15,113 posts, read 11,110,071 times
Reputation: 14991
I received a sample from Bare Minerals and I love it. Gen Nude Matte Liquid Lipstick. They sent me the color "Swag" and it's really subtle and pretty. It also has a light sweet scent, but not too overwhelming. Kind of like baked goods or something. It's expensive, but I'd buy it because I like it so much.

Provocalips, by Rimmel, literally lasts overnight for me if I don't take it off. They have some nude shades, too. I think it's around $6 at Target?

I've always been leery of long-wear lipstick because it just doesn't seem "healthy," but they can come in really handy if you're going to be at an all-day/night function and can't be reapplying very often.

Congratulations to you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2018, 06:03 PM
 
Location: So Cal
15,113 posts, read 11,110,071 times
Reputation: 14991
Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
If desired, take photographs wearing your wedding make-up, with similar lighting to events/places on your wedding day. Something that may look great in person may look too dark or too shiny or too unnatural in photographs.
That's very good advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2018, 06:22 PM
 
Location: Bloomington IN
6,747 posts, read 8,136,013 times
Reputation: 16674
In addition to a lipstick look for a good primer. It will help keep the lipstick in place for hours. Look for one that is shear rather than nude. I've found the nude primer I've used in the past changes the color of the lipstick. Maybe that's because it's a very cheap one that I bought to try out. Also consider a lip liner. It will help keep the color in place. The liner doesn't necessarily need to match the lip color. Personally I'd select one that was shear.

Your color choice will kind of depend on the look you want that day. Will it be more natural, a little glam, a lot glam?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2018, 07:08 PM
 
Location: So Cal
15,113 posts, read 11,110,071 times
Reputation: 14991
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrah View Post
In addition to a lipstick look for a good primer. It will help keep the lipstick in place for hours. Look for one that is shear rather than nude. I've found the nude primer I've used in the past changes the color of the lipstick. Maybe that's because it's a very cheap one that I bought to try out. Also consider a lip liner. It will help keep the color in place. The liner doesn't necessarily need to match the lip color. Personally I'd select one that was shear.

Your color choice will kind of depend on the look you want that day. Will it be more natural, a little glam, a lot glam?
Yes, I was going to mention that, too. I think most women go for the understated makeup look on their wedding day, but not all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2018, 08:25 PM
 
Location: Central IL
15,939 posts, read 9,137,616 times
Reputation: 37624
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Yes, I was going to mention that, too. I think most women go for the understated makeup look on their wedding day, but not all.
Understated for the ceremony itself but more amped up for the reception.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2018, 08:43 PM
 
Location: So Cal
15,113 posts, read 11,110,071 times
Reputation: 14991
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Understated for the ceremony itself but more amped up for the reception.
Perfect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top